Novaldex D & AstraZenica

Hi
I have been taking Novaldex D for the past 2 years and as we know AstraZenica will no longer be manufacturing it. I have been very lucky in that the only side effect has been the inability to lose the weight put on through chemo etc. Has anyone already had to make the switch to another brand from Novaldex and how it compares?
Any recommendations for brands would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Carol

Hi Carol, I didn’t know that Nolvadex is to be discontinued, I am really disappointed as I have found this to be the best with the least side effects.
I was previously on APS and Wochardt , both causing hot flushes and bad aches and pains.
I will be interested to hear any recommendations too.
Best wishes, Jan x

Hi Jan
Thanks for the pointers about APS & Wochardt - at least I know which 2 to avoid!
AstraZenica has lost the licence to produce the drug - not sure why and my local pharmacist has confirmed he’s had a letter stating the same. My lovely GP has just written me a 6 month script while there’s still supplies. Maybe you could ask for the same. At least it gives a little time to try other brands to see which suits.

Best Wishes.

Carol

Hi
I just went to get my prescription for novaldex D and the local pharmacy i use is Boots. they contacted there supply who couldnt get any. She is now calling other branches to seee if she can get any.
I would really like any ideas on which one to go on next.

Many thanks

lisa