69.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2015 chemo starters Please join!

Janey1973

Re: November 2015 chemo starters Please join!

Discharged and on my way home. Yippee xxx
JenJen

Hi Bobbie x hope all goes well with the line fitting and session , as you said pack snacks and lots to do, maybe pack a puzzle book or something so you can both do the crosswords x

Welcome Kath x not a nice reason to be here but at least we can support each other x my Nephew is 14 and has Aspergers as does my big brother, my big brother has taken it very well and is happy to learn about my treatment and what comes next but thats obviously come with age and experience , I still have no chance of getting him a hospital with me though . My nephew took it pretty bad I have to obviously explain things at his level so I explained Chemo will make my immune system low and my hair fall out and that I may have lots of PJ days. I guess its a bit different as its your son so hes around all the time and I dont know where he is on the spectrum but I found that being straight but in terms he would understand helped though I did leave out any scary bits, he has taken it in an example being hes just popped round after school automatically went and washed his hands before coming in the front room and then even though hes a v affecrionate boy who I usually get a hug and kiss off gave me an air hug to say bye so he didnt give me germs.

Les glad you got your date x not glad your going through this but that your one step closer to finishing.

Everyone told me the build up is worse than the actual day and walking through the door or the infusion and they were 100% right, once I got through the door it all went well, it was a bit weird but I soon settled in.

Still feeling OK for now, little SEs like im a bit tired, bit windy but I dont feel sick. After polling the october ladies and ratti I decided to get both sets of steroids out of the way before noon so i should sleep tonighf.

As for sleep I have a music download on my phone I set going to get me to sleep it relaxes you and really helps i got it on A*azon its by The Honest Guys and its an hour guided talk down with gentle rain sounds. I honestly got it out of desperation one night and thought it wouldnt work but it does, even Hubby didnt mind it wittering on when he was home.and said it helped him drift off too x Hubby works away so if I wake up in the night and I cant just get back to sleep I put it on again.

Love to all
Jen x

Les53

Hi everyone, got a start date -start Friday the 20th. I have to have Herceptin and they are starting it right from the start! A bit worried cos most people seem to start it halfway through, any thoughts, just worries the side effects will be doubled! Havin carboplatin and Docitaxel x

welcome to leighth and Kath, sorry you have had to join but we will support each other through this.

Janey, hope you managed to get home! It's much more comfortable than been in hospital Xx

Ratti, hope you are feeling better, it's prompted me to visit the GP I've had earache for a couple of days and don't want a flare up after chemo ! 

Bobbie and Marie, hope all goes well Thursday, and Tracey next Monday! glad the se were minimal Marie x

Jen, glad to hear you got a decent nights sleep despite being wired! I'm dreading it! Not a good sleeper as it is!

Take care all xxxxxx

Lesley

Katielou2

Hi everyone, I have previously posted in other threads but now find myself in this category! 

I am mum of 3, youngest is 12 and on autistic spectrum - he is really struggling with my diagnosis and I'm not sure how to broach subject of chemo!

I was diagnosed in Feb, grade 2 invasive lobular, ER+, HER-, large mass and lymph nodes involved. I have had 7 months of Zoladex and letrozole to shrink tumour prior to mastectomy and node clearance which I had on 30th September.

I have recovered very well from surgery but disappointed pathology results did not reflect clinical and MRI findings - tumour still 13 cm, 10 out of 17 nodes affected. I am due to have another CT scan tomorrow which will hopefully be clear as was initial scan in March.

I am now due to start chemo on 23rd Nov, EC x3, T x3, then radiotherapy. Just need to get on with this, already seems to have taken forever to get to this stage.

We are all following slightly different routes to deal with this, I have found the information and support offered by you all invaluable, I hope we can all support each other to get through these next few months.

Kath xxx

Bobbie1975

Janey, I hope you get the good news that you can go home today. Glad they got your temperature under control. Xx
Bobbie1975

Hi leigh. Welcome to the group. Ratti, I really hope you feel better soon x

Thanks for the picc line advice wavylocks. I think it's just that I wasn't anticipating doing it all in one sitting. I had been told that the line would be in before today. Oh well, I guess I will need to pack myself and hubby a mini picnic as I think I'm gonna be at hospital most of the day Thursday. 

Going to Winchester on Saturday to visit a college with my son so hoping the side effects are not too bad so I can go with him. It's about an hours drive and he is a little apprehensive as it's not local but we are exploring all avenues for him. 

Got a lovely surprise yesterday. Some work friends came by yesterday with gifts and cards from staff and students. I was really touched by their generosity. Really gave me a boost! 

Hope everyone is coping well x

JenJen

Sending you love Janey x and hoping you get home later x
Janey1973

Hi Leigth - welcome to the forum. So glad to hear you are doing well after your first round. Fluids definitely help.

Well done Jen Jen your doing brilliantly. Hope your days continue to be as good

Marie. Well done you and hope day 2 at work goes well. Do take it steady but know if your like me I crave some sort of normality through this whole process

Me - still stuck in hospital. Temp now under control but now have really low blood pressure. Fingers crossed to be home later.

Love to all
JenJen

Welcome Leigth xx sorry you had to join us but welcome xx

Marie glad you are feeling OK x dont overdo it with work x

Janey hope you got home xx sending you love ans hugs x

Well I was wired last night im not sure if it was the IV steroids or the sheer relief that I had started doing something to get the b**ger shrunk and im one step closer to my surgery. I yawned at 11:30 so told myself it was bed time and actually managed to fall aslewp not too much later, slept till 4:30 which is the longest sleep I have had since diagnosis and then at 5:30 fell asleep again till 7:30 so I feel quite perky!! I am up and showered and ready for my brekkie.

I know I may not carry on feeling this good but today I feel OK not 100% kinda friday evening at work tired but I can cope with that. I have 2 days worth of steroids and some optional anti nausea drugs from wednesday im not sure if I will take them or not will wait and see.

Love to all
Jen x

Mariej2205

Morning all and welcome Leigh day 5 since 1st chemo and so far so good. I'm also in work for 2nd day and feeling ok probably be shattered by next chemo on Thursday though! Hope everyone's doing okay today weather is awful here in South Wales day in pjs would have been nice!! Have a good day everyone hope everyone's se are not too bad xxx
JenJen

Hi Tracey x

If you can get to thr curry mile just keep going and going its straight down the road, you eventually hit a point where you have to opt for a left or right at a Y junction there is a sainsb*rys on the right , take the left there is a big white new building on the left which is the research centre the christie is on the right a bit further down is a car park. X
That said if your going rush hour id go via regent road , onto princess parkway then the junction where Whalley Range high school for girls is take a left and thatll put you very near to Wilmslow road and it didnt take us that long.

Will contact Macmillan re Look Good feel better x

Jen x
Been breaking my resting eyes orders so will be in trouble tomorrow at appointment..oops
Leighth512

Hi everyone, my name is Leigh, I'm 43 and I had my first cycle of FEC-T on Friday morning so would love to join your group if that's ok 😊

Diagnosed in May with an invasive lobular carcinoma, ER & PR + I underwent a lumpectomy to find that they couldn't get clear margins, the lump was not 34mm as they originally thought and the 70mm they removed was still not clear, so I then had a mastectomy at the end of September with immediate reconstruction ( I currently have an expander implant in place which will eventually be replaced) the BC teams plans for me are 3 FEC and 3T (3 weekly cycles) followed by radio, ovary removal and 10 years of hormone therapy.  I was very lucky to also have been put forward for a trial of Endo Predict which had been given free to the hospital, my risk however came back as high which I guess is why I am having so much treatment to suppress my hormones as my cancer is so strongly hormone driven.

Anyway enough of the negative stuff, I have been reading these boards in preparation for chemo and they have been such a help to answer some of the so many questions I had so thought it was about time I posted too.  Glad to hear you are all coping well with any SE's, I am too it's day 4 today and apart from a small tired spell earlier I am doing fine, I am still taking anti-sickness but depending on how I feel I may start reducing them tomorrow, I have kept my fluid intake up as suggested and genuinely believe that in the first few days it helps massively, stay strong ladies we will all get there 💕 X

Tracy Johnston

Hi Jen,  Well Done, thats the first one out of the way,hope you still feeling ok (well as ok as can be).  Ive tried a dummy run to Christies today, what a nightmare, the Sat Nav in my car sent me to Wilmslow Road but the wrong end, so I was trawling up and down the Curry Mile like a numpty !!  I gave up in the end, will try again before im due for Clinic on Thursday before 1st session next Monday.  Ive been to Salford Royal today for the "Look Good Feel Better" make up session,it was fantastic, 2 hours of learning skin care and clever make up tips for loss of eyebrows/ eyelashes etc.  Each person received a goodie bag, Bloody Hell it was full of Lancome, Clinque, Armarni stuff and lots of make up too, Fantastic, see if you can book on, the next one is January 2016, ring MacMillan at salford royal if you are interested.  

Well done and good luck to all that have started/will start this week, we can do this !!!!!!!!!!

JenJen

Janey! Massive hug xx hope all is OK xx

Ratti thanks I may do the same I guess its a case of getting them in rather than timing,I may find my BNF and have a check x
Ratti

Hi Jen, I remember being woozy during my first cycle and the steroids do keep you awake. As an asthma sufferer I have mastered taking them! I had to take two tabs twice a day and found that having the first around six am and the second by twelve helped a lot. Also drinking loads of water really helps. Big hugs and hope you have a restful night xx
Janey1973

So sorry to hear your poorly Ratti hope you feel better soon.

Ah JenJen so pleased you are feeling ok. Best way to think the worst and then anything less is a bonus

I'm sat in oncology at the mo. Took my temp just as I was getting ready to get changed and my temp was 37.9 so trip to hospital. When I had my PICC line fitted last week I was told to get the dressing changed the day after so went to the unit and 2 nurses both said no it looked absolutely fine but if I noticed any change then to come sooner. Had it flushed for the first time today and both the nurse I saw and the nurse that just took my obs said that was naughty and it should have been changed. Just hope it hasn't caused an infection. No too happy at the mo. Rant over!!
Kids have been amazing and cause we we didn't panic they aren't and we are blessed to have amazing friends we can call on at the drop of a hat!!

Love to all xxxx
JenJen

Crikey Ratti x I hope you are feeling better after antibiotics and pain meds x relly glad your SEs are minimal 🙂 and glad you posted so as in a few months new peeps will be going through these posts when they are worried and it helps to see the positive ones.
Till now no nausea ,ive been starving infact though
Im expecting the worse re SEs then I can only get better than I expect. I am still wired from IV steroids so wont be sleeping till v late. Nurse kept saying today oh this will do that to you while I am putting it in and it didnt..I reckon she gave me actual cocktails that would explain why I am hyper x

Love and hugs x
Ratti

Hi Jen, glad it went well, I have not had any se and the injections have not made me ache. That being said had to call an ambulance this morning due to severe ear infection! A thoroughly rough day, loads of antibiotics and blood tests and naproxen for the pain. Should be all ok now and ready for next treatment. Now off for an early night xx
JenJen

Thanks Janey xx
Good on you for trying to work from home x
The weathers been a bit urgh so if I had kids in tow to get in raincoats and wellies etc I think id be more inclined to do baking or cutting and sticking in the warm.

I have agreed with hubby that apart from a daily walk a couple of times a day around our very pretty local area I am going to stay home for this cycle, I was knackered before diagnosis due to a pre existing health condition and could have done with a rest at home anyway so I am going to take the opportunity to do it. When he comes up on the 29th will go out and do stuff but till then its a nice walk, out for appointments and lots of skype with friends from far flung places. I dont plan on going all boy in the bubble but I am having a bit of a hibernate for a couple of weeks. I have enough tech and things to do to stop me getting cabin fever and Mr As*a and Te*co can do my shopping and bring it here.

Just having red pepper and tomato soup for tea, still feel OK, have drank lots of water and still feel OK but know thatll change at some point.

I have one injection to do tomorrow thatll make me achy im not sure if im getting short changed or a posher one !

Love to all
Jen x
Janey1973

Well done JenJen so pleased you got through it and hope your resting to this evening

Week 1 done 😁 - each day have been different feeling quite achy today. Think that's the daily injections kicking in but no more now til the next round. I also have a PICC line so easy and wasn't bad. The nurse was absolutely fab and didn't feel a thing. Had the dressing and flush done for the first time today. In and out in 10 mins. Good luck Bobbie will be thinking of you on Thursday.

Been paranoid about getting out in this weather and haven't really felt like it spent lots of time with the kids but have managed to agree working from home for my treatment so going to give it a go and see how it works and other than that want to get out a bit over the next week or so before the hair starts coming out 😔

Hope everyone getting on ok. Sending lots of love xxxx
waveylocks

Just gate crashing briefly!! I had a PIC line during my treatment. Please don't worry I didn't feel a thing when they fitted mine. The PIC nurses are very highly trained. It will need flushing once a week which either a partner can do or a district nurse will do at home. You are not allowed to swim with a PIC line , can shower if it is kept dry with a cover but apart from that it's fine. I was really glad of mine as it made it much easier to administer drugs & chemo or take bloods. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Xx 

Les53

Bobbie - what a bummer! I'm not sure if I have to have one of those so can't advise you but I think some of the October ladies have so maybe you want to post on their thread? Hope all goes ok Thursday x Lesley x

Les53

Well done Jen and Alabamasam! Glad it went (fairly) smoothly, sorry but I had a little giggle at the cold cap episode 😂 take care ladies xx

lesley x

Bobbie1975

Slight change to my start day. I finally got the day and time to fit my picc line. Unfortunately, this was after the start date I was originally given so now I am in on Thursday 12th getting my line fitted first then straight on to first chemo. It's going to be a long day!! Hopefully all will go smoothly though.
Has anyone else had their picc line done.?Think I'm more worried about that than I am the actual chemo !
Bobbie1975

So glad it went well Jen, if not as smooth as you had hoped. Now to rest and pop your feet up x

JenJen

Oh my if the fire alarm had gone off id have legged it I was all calm till the notes thing.
All done and out on my way home. Lovely nurse called Daisy looking after me so in my head was singing daisy daisy give me your answer doooo the whole way through. I am on EC so she sat with me pushing it through and the 2 hours flew by. Im feeling OK now but I expected that as I know itll hit me later or another day. And as everyone has been telling me it wasnt tjat scary

Love to all Jen x
alabamasam

That's meant to say Fire ! Silly phone xxxxx
alabamasam

Good luck today, on my first chemo the sure alarm went off on the hospital & there was me stood outside still with my cold cap on my head & the machine following me like a dog & if course everyone asking me what it was ! You have to laugh !
I'm sure they will get their act together xxx
JenJen

Well they dont have my notes or consent form so im not off to a good start..they are certainly within the hospital though so only a delay..
Jobey68

Go get em Jen! Virtual hand holding on its way to you 😘

JenJen

Thanks Marie x just managed to force myself to eat some branflakes and yogurt and now off to battle the traffic x
Mariej2205

Hi ladies hope ur all doing well... So day 4 after 1st chemo and apart from a little weakness tiredness and sickly feeling all good thought I was coming down with something today but few hours and it passed. Taking temperature daily and all good. I'm going back to work tomorrow looking forward to seeing the girls. Hope I'm still like this after week 18!!! Ratti and Janey hope ur feeling ok I am on weekly chemo so probably having it a little easier.. Jen good luck for tomorrow you will be fine il be thinking of you X have a nice week all X X X
JenJen

Thanks Les xz

its just me myself and I tomorrow, my brother is dropping me off but has issues with hospitals so im lucky hes doing that asking anything else would upset him and hubby is posted away for work so unable to come. Ive loaded up the tablet with films and packed some snacks . A friend is popping by to get me through the door and give me a hug but they have patients bookedo so they will be off to see those pretty much as soon as I am settled .

marion55

i have a pre assessment for my chemo fri 13thnov

Les53

Hi ladies hope you have all had a good weekend xx 

jen, hope all goes well tomorrow, are you taking someone with you?

hope everyone else who has started last week are managing the SE and coping 😕

Edgley I don't have a start date yet got cardiac scan ?!? Tuesday as need herceptin, so will hopefully know by end of next week, they have said it will be Nov x

take care

lesley xx

Edgely

Thanks Jen and Riverside Dawn, my appointment is on Wednesday so I can discuss it with her then. How are you both doing today xx
riversidedawn

Jenjen its normally infections and low blood count which delay chemo - a cold should be fine.

Edgely I started taking anti-depressants half way through chemo. Just check with onc that your ones are OK. The good thing is that they often reduce the hot flushes caused by chemo induced menopause. Mine went from 4 an hour to around 10 a day.
JenJen

Hi Edgely 🙂 maybe worth asking the July, August, September ladies 🙂 im not sure but I have seen mention on some threads of people starting to take at diagnosis not sure if they stay on them through though my Oncologist did say yesterday there are lots of drugs that dont interfere with chemo. have you had your meeting with your oncologist? they should have took a full history of what you are on already anyway so if they havent it maybe worth getting in touch via your BCN and just asking her/him if its OK to stay on them.

I have a sore throat and ive sneezed a few times so I hope come Monday they dont say no sorry we are having to put your start date back , I dont feel like death or anything so fingers crossed its more that ive been out in the forest and something has set my allergies off.

Ratti, Janey & Marie hope all OK and SE's arent too bad xx love to all

Who is joining me starting next week?

I have to go see my eye doctor on Tuesday now and have been reminded to rest eyes as much as possible ..

love and hugs to all xx
Edgely

Here's a question for all you lovely ladies out there, did any of you carry on taking your anti depressants whilst on chemo? Xx
Janey1973

Gaynor

Hi,

Can I just add to the list? For runny noses use a little Vaseline up each nostril - serves 2 purposes: traps your runny drips, and stops irritants/germs getting into your system via your nose (also good just for hay fever too) 

Worth a try? 

Gaynor xxx

Ratti

Hi all, thanks for the list and suggestions so far so good today was a better day went for a wig fit at a wonderful place, Shepperton wigs the ladies were wonderful and with my £120 voucher my wig was free! Doing better with steroids now only one more day of them but will start the injections this evening. Glad to see that there are all clears out there 😊 the good news continues xxx
alabamasam

Just to add to your list - things like Cordysel & Difflam mouthwashes are quite expensive but you can ask for these when you go for your chemo - you can get these free on prescription and also Moviecol is good as the steroids you take before and after chemo will bung you up. Its quite gentle but I would also pop some Imodium in your boxes of tricks as you may also need that xxxx
Edgely

Hi Lesley, thanks for the list! I'm sure all of the items will come in handy at some point. When do you start chemo? Xx
Les53

PS ...... Sorry its such a long post!!

Lesley x

Les53

Hi Ladies,

I Havent had chance to say hello to Edgely and Gaynor yet but im sure we will have lots of correspondence!! 

Janey you were right had a phone call this morning got a cardiac assessment tuesday am so things moving!!

Marie and Ratti hope you are ok today, let us know how you are doing xx

Tracey, Bobbie hope all goes ok next week

Jen- im going wig shopping Thursday - dreading it but got some nice head things from anabandana today - my husband made me order them cos every time i looked i cried! He said if i didnt he would order for me !! I soon put paid to that and got on with it ... I dread to think!  Hope all goes well next week x

Hope everyone else is ok (still getting my head arounfd everybodys names)

Found this info on another thread hope its useful xx

As requested here's the compilation of all the top tips for going through chemo! A big huge thanks to all the contributors who have added their tips and to Princess for starting it! Please do continue to add your own top tips to this thread.

For the Gums:
- Bonjela
- Cordsyl daily for x 3 and Cordsyl normal for 1 (dentist recommended)
- ultra soft bristle brush/baby toothpaste
- aloe vera based toothpaste, Beverley Hills gum strengthening toothpaste.

For the mouth:
- Gelclair, salt water wash, Oraldene, tonic water, Difflam mouthwash
- aloe dent lip balm with lysine (good for coldsores also)

Bad taste: - pineapple (fresh/chunks/drinks/lollies) - haribo (not tangtastic) - celery, mints, fresh fruit, pear drops, cola cubes, sherbert lemons.

Water tasting odd: - flavoured/sparkling water, lemon squash

Nausea:
- Ginger (beer, biscuits, sweets, fresh)
- smaller, regular meals
- V8 vegetable juice
- Manuka honey with hot water and peppermint oil
- Slippery elm powder mixed into natural yoghurt
- Banana for early morning with the anti-sickness tablet
- Flavoured/green tea if can’t face milk or dairy products in tea.
- Lite bites suggestions – cream cheese and bread sticks
- Nothing spicey
- Flat lemonade
- Plain biscuits
- Banana/peanut butter sandwiches
- Travel bands/anti sickness bands (Poundland cheaper than Boots).

General Wellbeing/During Chemo:
- Carry your card and thermometer with you all the time and keep bag packed
- Chemo Caddy – see below
- Pin up emergency numbers where everyone can see them – who to contact and when
- Check with your consultant who to phone at eves and weekends
- Store emergency numbers in your phone
- Digital thermometer if not given one by hospital (Poundland cheaper than Boots)
– take temperature under armpit as more accurate
- Lifemel honey to boost white blood cells
- Drink LOTS of fluid before and after chemo - Lucozade for energy - Light meal before chemo
- If having CMF and nose issues when Chemo being administered then sweets or lolly (mini callipo) to suck during (small cool bag also recommended to keep lollies frozen)
- Bath pillow (helps prevent cold bald head on cold bath)
- Don’t take 2nd steroid dose after 2pm (awake/energised at wrong times)
- Eat fruit when you need to eat whilst/before taking tablets
- Avoid alcohol for 2/3 days after chemo
- Keep out of direct sunlight
- Pregnancy type diet to avoid risk of infection – ie no un-pasturised dairy products, wash veggies, meat properly cooked
- Accept help wherever offered!
- Prepare/buy nice food in advance for bad days
- Smash! When you can’t eat but must and mouth is sore! (Needs ketchup though)

Sleep when you can - Fresh air - Exercise - Laughter - Ask for help if really sick! Docs etc for additional drugs! - Steripen to sterilise water of nasties (works through UV and no nasty chemicals and easy to use but £90)

- Runny nose through loss of nose hair – tissues!
- V-pillow
- Check and see if GP can refer you to local leisure centre for cheaper use of fitness suite and swimming pool.
- Constipation - breakfast of high fibre cereal/fruit smoothie/prune juice - “Go Cake” – see below for recipe.

Sore Eyes
- Boots hayfever relief drops
- Cooling/chill eye mask

Headaches - gel pads (stick on kind used for infants/migraine)

Dry skin/rashes/spots from Taxol - gentle moisturiser for hands and feet - drink lots of juice and water but leave spots on face alone as skin sensitive.

Hairloss/head coverings
- buffs from buffwear
- baseball cap
- headcovers website
– sleep caps, scarves, bangs, eyebrows, eyelashes, wigs etc
- don’t wash it too often, use baby shampoo
- Browzings by Benefit – good eyebrow make up - Boots

CHEMO BAG AND CHEMO CADDY
Chemo bag
(A bum bag has been suggested as keeps both hands free and no restrictions on your shoulders and particularly snugpak response pack (online) as “tested in war, never beaten” and big enough to take a tool kit/chemo caddy or chemo bag).

Keep a bag packed in case of emergency hospital visit and to take on chemo days. Pyjamas, warm socks, clean knickers, wash bag with spare toothpaste and brush, face wipes, mirror, tissues, bag of pineapple pieces, anti bacterial hand gel, book.

Chemo Caddy
A basket with a handle (previously from delivery of pot plants) with everything needed in it so that you can have it by the bed upstairs or carry it down to crash in front of TV.
- Edibles – ginger bics, minty chewing gum, root ginger to nibble.
- Treats – nice hand cream, chocolate, octopus shaped back massager, nail cream, buffer.
- Essentials – tissues, glasses, lipsalve, bottle of water, straw (in case can’t lift head from pillow), little bell (to summon family to fetch/make tea)

“GO CAKE"
4oz All Bran, 5oz sugar, 10oz mixed dried fruit (basically whatever is in the cupboard – use a nice mixture) – apricots, sultanas, cranberries etc, lots of chopped prunes for extra “GO”. ½ pint of milk 4 oz self raising flour. Put All Bran, sugar and fruit into a bowl, mix, add milk and allow to stand for at least half an hour (while you recover from the physical effort so far). Sieve in the flour, mix well and pour into well greased 2lb loaf tin. Bake in moderate oven (180 degree c) for about an hour, until a knife comes out dry. Cover with foil after 30 mins if its browning too much. Turn out of tin and cool. Serve in thin slices with butter as thick as you like it!

Once again, all credits to the ladies who have added to this thread making it an invaluable reference tool and thanks to Princess for starting it! Good luck and much love, xxxx

Edgely

Hi Tracy great news for you too!! It really is a weight off your shoulders just got to get through chemo and radiotherapy now oh the joys of cancer! This forum has helped me greatly and will have a look for the list. Good luck to you xx
Tracy Johnston

Hi Edgely,

Amazing news !!  had the same myself last week and its certainly a great weight off your shoulders isnt it.  You should now get an appointment to see an oncologist for the chemo side.  There is a lady on this thread (Riversidedawn) that has listed some great things to take to the session, its a few pages back on this thread but well worth a look. xx

hopalong

Morning all, I'm a November starter (2014)

1st chemo 27 October 2014, Just a quick note to say I have had clearance to return to work today. (I'm a nurse so no option other than to go off sick at diagnosis, had surgery 1st then chemo)

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, still having some niggles due to hormone therapy but feeling much more positive. I am going for my 2nd zoladex injection today and can have a little break from tamoxifen.

Good luck to you all, keep sharing your experiences with each other. xx

JenJen

Hi All

I havent been around much as have had 3 appointments in as many days and my wig fitting today. Have been looking out for the nieces nephews who have been told now so been busy trying to help them process this rubbish situation.
I also decided to enjoy my last few days of "freedom" where I could do what I wanted without thinking about side effects and low immunity. So I have had a lovely few days (if you don't include the time spent at appointments) After each one I headed into town got myself a nice meal and had a wander round the shops and met a couple of friends.
I also told the extended family and friends so now have lots of offers of lifts to appointments and coffee probably too many as I feel stressed already trying to fit everyone into the days which should be good days, I actually turned my phone off yesterday because it was beeping too much and stressing me out. Nice to have the support though.

Ratti Janey, Marie hope all is well after your first sessions x I'm now all geared up for Monday.

My eye problem is rearing its ugly head so I'm limiting screen time for a few more days but will pop in and say hello and see how everyone is when I can

Love to all
Jenx