1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

lucramsey

Re: November Newbies 2013

Hi all. I have been dx with secondary bc on my lungs 3 weeks ago. I had dcis back in 2007 and had a bilateral mast with immediate lat Dorsi recon. Told that it wouldn't come back. Surprise surprise! It's back. So I'm starting chemo on Tuesday dosetaxel and carboplatin with herseptin and neroplatin (sorry about the spelling) I'm 35 and have three kids and am terrified of chemo! I didn't have any last time and thought I'd got away with it. I'd love to join the November newbies xxxxx

alabamasam

Thanks Emma xxxx
ejc01

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time Sal.  Hope the antibiotics do the trick! xx

I'm getting used to my new spikey hedgehog look and ventured into town wearing a headscarf and didn't feel too conspicious!  Cycle 2 tomorrow so have stocked up on plenty of fluids to flush it through.  Hoping it won't be too bad as I kinda know what to expect now.

Hope you're doing ok Sam and good luck with getting the Hickman line done. xx

Big hugs to everyone xx

alabamasam

This is what we are here for !!! Glad you now have anti biotics and hopefully this will clear up really quickly - damn immune systems 😞
Anyway sending you huge hugs
Sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks everyone, sorry for my very selfcentred whiney post! Saw Doc and got antibiotics and antibiotic cream! can't believe how quickly things went from just being a few small spots to a swollen face and chin 😞 I just hope the antibiotics work! Stupid how something so minor can really knock your confidence! I have been preparing myself for the hair loss, as and when it happens. But to now look in the mirror and not like what I see looking back has really upset me. I suppose it's hiccups like this that remind you that your body is not your own while all this treatment is happening! So however much I try and carry on as normal, things aren't normal and won't be for a few months yet! 😞 I feel so pathetic getting upset over this, but I suppose we are all allowed an off day!

Will go hide in the corner and come back when I have something more useful to say!

Tracey I'm glad you found a wig you like 🙂 but I hope you don't need it! Xxxxxx
Tracy1967

Sorry to read your feeling unwell Sal, hope the hospital are able to sort you out ASAP.

Been to Trendo in Birmingham today and managed to pick a wig similar to the shorter style I have now as a backup if the cold cap goes "pear shaped". I've read lots of posts where everyone is dampening their hair and adding conditioner before applying the cold cap, is this just with the Paxman cap as Wolverhampton hospital (which uses a gel based cold cap) doesn't do this; the cap is applied to dry hair. I'm wondering whether if I should ask them if I could try this method to be on the safe side. A lady on the forum used the cap at Wolverhampton and got good results without dampening her hair, just loss on the top (which seems to be the norm). A week to go and I'm stressing about this blooming cold cap and whether it will work but we don't know unless we try.

alabamasam

oh Sal, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hopefully the doc can sort this out for you
Huge hugs xxxxx Sam
darlingj

Oh poor you, hope you feel better. I was just replying to your previous message, ironically, to say that yes, I actually find a lot of things to laugh about, I thought maybe I have a dark sense of humour because at times it seems a bit bonkers under the circumstances!

I have already had a drain, just for a day, after lumpectomy, but naming it is a good plan. It was a bit like having a pet, carrying it around everywhere on a lead. 

I went to the pub last night and drank beer, officially the best medicine at the moment! I may not be able to go out much in the next few months so it was all the nicer; after my last operation I was bored after days at home!

Hope you feel better after doctors xxxx

Camper1970

Sorry to hear you are struggling today sending you a hug keep your chin up I am sure you will get sorted at the docs xxx
Nanny_Sal

Off to docs this afternoon 😞 I had 3 odd spots appear on my face at the end of last week. Well they haven't cleared up and today I woke with a swollen face 😞 on a plus I still have hair 🙂 because quite frankly I don't think I can deal with elephant man looking face and a bald head!

Officially feeling fed up today 😞 sorry for the moan. Hope all you other lovely ladies are having a better day xxxxxx
Tracy1967

Sorry to hear about the delay in chemo Sam, I'm sure all will be fine with the Hickman. There was a lady opposite me in hospital who had a picc fitted and thought it was great as she hated needles. Went for haircut today, 6 inches taken off and hair is now shoulder length. I hate it but it's not permanent and least if my hair sheds loads with the cold cap I won't be so distressed re the length. Sal I love the pirates idea, the imagination runs wild.
alabamasam

Thanks Lulu, I thought you had one and I know it is the best way. It is just one of those things and by next Thursday night ill be on my way. Just hoping now I get no side effects from the bit I have had today x
Sam 🙂
Lulu34

Sam as a picc has to go into the viens in your arm if tehy are already knackered they usually go straught for a hickman.... I have a hickman in and its not fun getting it in but i find it really fab.... No needles! Yay! Although it wouldnt bleed properly on monday so needed a visit to hosp for something to be squirted down it... But working again now!
Nanny_Sal

Hi Juli

Sorry to hear about your mum. As for the node clearance, it was easy compared to lumpectomy. I was in surgery by 8.45 and back in my room by 10!! I came round much quicker as I was only under for about half an hour! The only down side to the node clearance was waking to the joys of a drain!! Although you are welcome to join the Sam and Sal madhouse, and name your drain!! Mine was dotty dora, and Sams was Dracula!

I know some ladies can't find humour in anything to do with Cancer, but I personally think that there are times when if the choice is to laugh or cry, then I need to laugh now and again!

On that subject, my 4year old charge asked me today when my hair was going to fall out? I said I wasn't sure, but why? He said, because Sal you are beautiful, but when you lose your hair you will be a cool nanny pirate! He loves my head scarves! I'm sensing alot of pirate games coming up!! Bless his heart, he made me laugh! Xxxx
alabamasam

True that cold cap was no issue at all, they won't or don't seem to do picc lines so it is the Hickman which seems quite drastic but yes they know what they are doing and once it is in then no more needles xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi Sam

Sorry to hear yours news! Trust you to cause problems!! Although thanks for posting that. I have been questioning whether I really 'want'/'need' a PICC line! But having read your story, I can now see that the Chemo staff really do know their thing! I am booked in to have my PICC line on 4th Dec the same day I see the Oncologist.

Let's hope that next week goes slightly more to plan! At least you got a trial run with the cold cap, so that's one less thing to worry about next time!! Xxxxx
alabamasam

Hi all, not one down for me I'm afraid. Had the cold cap put on, that was fine and all went well for the anti sickness meds and the first syringe full but then my veins shut down and after 4 more attempts they decided it was a no go so now I am booked in to have a Hickman line fitted at The Christie on Tuesday morning and then chemo again on Thursday. I've got all my anti sickness meds to start taking just in case as i've had 100mls of one of the drugs. Not what i wanted to happen but for anyone who is having the cold cap and hasn't started it yet, that bit was absolutely
fine and after 15 minutes I didn't feel it at all xxxxx
alabamasam

Hi, yes, i had this op too, same as the lumpectomy, mine was at about 10a.m and i was back on the ward by midday back on facebook and chatting with other patients xxxx

Sorry to hear about your mum, we will get through this, although i don't want to go through it i am glad i am having the chemo. It is only for a dhort time in our lives and if it beats this then that is the result we want xxxxxx

Hugs Sam 🙂

darlingj

all, bit more about me which Sam has kindly said she'll edit onto the FB doc page. I'm Juli, live in north London, married with two boys Alfie (12) and Tom (10) and am third way through a Photography masters, have deferred now cos too intense for me at the moment! I found a lump just before half term, thought to be 1cm so had a lumpectomy and SN two weeks ago. Turned out to be 2.5cm lump and two nodes have cancerous spots so having AN clearance on Monday. My consultant said I was in a grey area (!) so also having oncotype test to help determine need for chemo but I would be surprised if I was advised not to have it.
My mum had BC in her sixties, had same op as me, no chemo and took tamixifen for 2 years (19 years ago) but her cancer returned in her vertebrae 8 years later, she had five major surgeries and huge amounts of medications as she was in agony. So I am pretty scared, but holding it together very well, maybe too we'll! Chemo definitely won't be in November now but it's great to be part of your group.
One thing I'm interested in finding out is how long is the AN op? Is it about the same as lumpectomy and SN, mine was about two hours? Am hoping not much as the general wasn't too bad afterwards.
alabamasam

Thanks Sal, Emma & Camper, I'm quite calm about all of this. Just catching up on the computer and having a coffee.
I went to look at wigs yesterday, picked and ordered 4, 1 long, 1 mid length and 2 shirt. Although i was going to have a long one now i've had my hair cut short i really prefer it so it may be better to get the short wig as the expensive one and get a long one from eBay. They should be in next week so i can go back and try them.
Anyway, off to finish catching up with October and also Facebook, see you on the other side
Sam xxxx
Camper1970

Good luck all tomorrow hope you don't feel too bad, lets get this over and done with , first session Friday really nervous but need to get started, back to work which had helped to take my mind off it, hair cut short , but need to prepare for the remaining.

Hope all goes well tomorrow take care and bd brave 😘 sending hugs
ejc01

Good luck Sam, Janey and Swansea Girl for your first cycle! xxx  I've got my second on Friday and found that the side effects weren't quite as bad as I had feared so I hope you'll be ok too!

I had my head shaved today as I had so much falling out and decided I needed to take action.  My lovely hairdresser came to my home so I didn't have to suffer in the salon but I was amazed at how calm I was about the whole thing.  I had a friend with me too who was a complete rock!  I had been upset when my hair starting coming out and thought I was bound to cry when it came to the chop.  But I think I had mentally prepared myself and I actually feel relieved that I've done it and I've taken back control!  Got plenty of scarves and hats to keep my head warm.

Planning on going to the cinema tomorrow which means venturing out in public but I'm going to let it stop me!!

Keep strong girls! xxx

Nanny_Sal

Sam, Janey and Swansea Girl

GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW!

I will be thinking of you all. Rememeber DRINK, DRINK, DRINK and DRINK some more 🙂 Sam that doesn't include Beer or Wine 🙂 not tomorrow anyway.

You will all be fine, and tomorrow evening you'll be telling us all how, it wasn't as bad as you were expecting. Good luck with the cool caps, those of you using them. I hope they work for you.

Lots of love and hugs to the three of you, and anyone else starting tomorrow, that I might of missed.

Sal xxxxxxx
alabamasam

Hi Swansea girl, i am also starting tomorrow, same stage as you same chemo as you so we can keep tabs on each other. Gosh it has been quick for you ! I was dx back in august.
I have a facebook group for us to so if you want to join that to just send me a private message and i'll tell you how
There are some amazing people on this forum and you are not alone, we will get through this together.
Sam 🙂 xxxxxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi Swansea girl
Welcome to the BCC forums, in addition to the support and shared experiences here please feel free to call our helpliners, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000 and they are here for you with practical and emotional support

Here's a link to the 'Treatments' section of the site where you will find lots of information and further support ideas from BCC including our 'live chat' and 'One to one ' support

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3B...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Nanny_Sal

Hi Swansea Girl, welcome to our tribe 🙂 think you're one of 3 ladies having your first dose of FEC tomorrow! So you'll have some Chemo buddies. I'm a week on from first dose, and doing really well. So don't worry too much, drink loads today and for the next few days. I really do think that helps.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. Have a good day all. Xxxxxx
SwanseaGirl

Hello all
I'm due to start chemo tomorrow (20th) and just wanted to sign in so I had a support network. I've got stage 3 BC with a T2 - going on FECT . Hoping to use the cool cap . Been a roller coaster as diagnosed on 4/11 so the last fortnight has been a blur.
Hope all newbies are coping well and we'll make it to the end of this journey
N
Nanny_Sal

Good for you Hun 🙂 I watched a Christmas Movie with my parents at the weekend. When it was finished I wanted to put their decs up! But they wouldn't let me!!

Giving myself the injection was actually really easy. I was a bit nervous, but once the needle was in I realised that it wasn't that difficult 🙂 funniest bit was, as I was about to put the needle in, I found myself saying (in my head) sharp scratch!! 🙂 think I have heard that so many times in the last few months, its now ingrained!! Made me laugh!! Xxxxx
alabamasam

How was that giving yourself that injection ? I think i will too as i don;t want to have to hang about waiting for the DN.
I definitely think having the kids around boosts your spirits so if you feel like working then go for it, I think it will help you so much xxx
I put my outside Xmas lights ion my little tree yesterday - sod what the neighbors think ha ha xxx
Sam 🙂
Nanny_Sal

Sounds like a lovely day Sam. I LOVE Christmas markets. I'm thinking this year I will need lots of christmassy things to go to, to get into the Christmas spirit.

I and a flu jab about 4wks ago, I know I risk catching bugs and things! But I don't think I am anymore likely to than you are with your children! If you see what I mean! Obviously IF I found I was picking up LOTS of bugs then I would have a rethink! But the fact that I smiled continually today, tells me I am doing what's right for me (at the moment) 🙂

It's funny how you suddenly become more aware of germs! On the train back last night I was suddenly very aware of how many people were coughing and sneezing! We really did pick a bad time of year to have Chemo!! But I think we just have to be cautious, especially on days 10-14 when your immunity is at it's lowest. Although because I gave myself the injection to increase White blood cells, I don't think I have to worry quite as much! But of course I will 🙂 xxxxx
alabamasam

Ahh Sal so glad you feel up to going back to work. That is brilliant xxx We went to the Christmas Markets in Manchester today, had a good walk around. We go every year so we didn't buy too much as it is pretty much the same every year but we had a really good day. We stopped for food, had a few beers between us which was good.
Going for a wig fitting tomorrow and taking mum for moral support, she usually will tell me how it is so hopefully we will find something suitable. I also have Alex's first parents evening tomorrow as well which we are thinking will be great as he has been doing really well at school.
Are you working every day now, did you get your flu jab done, just worried about you catching something from your kids or kids when you drop off on the school runs xxx
Sam 🙂
Nanny_Sal

Hi Tendai, welcome. Sounds like you are doing well. Well done you. Nice to find someone else who is bored of being off work. I went back today after taking a week off after my first Chemo last Monday. I only took the time off because my BCN suggested it would be a good idea, to see how I reacted to the drugs. Luckily all went well and I felt okay.

So today I was back to reality 🙂 I worked a full day and did all my school and nursery runs! I even found that my appetite returned a bit. So I assume getting back to some exercise helped. Or the delicious cookies that my charges greeted me with helped! It was my welcome back 🙂 A day of hugs, kisses and smiles. What more could I want to make me feel better!

Hope everyone else had a good day. Xxxxxxx
alabamasam

Hi Julia, send me a private message on here so i can tell you how to find me on Facebook and we can get you added to the group
Sam xxxx
darlingj

Thanks for your advice Sam, I have had no pain with the initial surgery which is comforting. No idea why I have posted twice, sorry about that, I didn't quite get it!
I have been studying for a masters but dropped out for a year as I can't focus with all this going on, just want to focus on my two boys (12 and 10) and on taking things one step at a time, but I may end up with too much time to think. I'd love to join your fb group, can you explain how to do it again please, cheers, Julia xx
Janey160359

Hi Teemangu and welcome to our group. We are on FB too if you contact alabamasam she will point you in the right direction .
Thanks for giving me an insight into what lies ahead. I have my pre chemo assessment tomorrow and am a little wobbly.
I am to have Fec x6 starting this Wednesday and dreading it but also wanting to get on with things.
I too am planning on trying the cold cap, I understand the hospital I go to uses a cold air system so will find more about that tomorrow. Hopefully I will also get my wig voucher so I can be prepared if it falls out.
Thanks for the tip about making sure you take your anti sickness tablets everyday to train your body for the next chemo, not heard that one but I sure will do now.
I am glad your soldiering on it reassures me that I can do this!
Hope your taste improves over Christmas so you can enjoy some festive goodies.
Good luck with work and soldier on my friend.
Take care
Janey
Teemaunga

Hello lovely ladies

I am also a November newbie, I had the lumpectomy in September and started chemo last Friday on the 15th of November. I was a bit scared before but the nurse took me for a little tour which eased my nerves. I am on Docetaxel & Carboplatin, is anyone going to be on either of these two?. I used a cold cap and it was a bit uncomfortable for the first 10 -15 mins but after that it was okay. I took a headache tablet about 10 minutes before and it seemed to help. I don't know if it will save my hair but I am giving it a try. I met a lady who was on her 4th chemo, she has been using the cold cap and has only lost a little bit of hair so it was quite encouraging. I am still waiting for my wig appointment so I hope my hair does not start falling off before I get one.

I have to take steriods to reduce the side effects of Docetaxel and they make me feel a bit strange.  They affect my sleeping so I have started taking them in the morning and in the afternoon. I also have to take some injections to boost my immune system and these make your joints sore, but they are managaeable.  I have not had any nuasea because I have been taking the antisickness tablets when I start feeling queasy. The nurse said to take them everyday to train the body not to be sick for the next chemo.This is my third day after the first chemo and I am not feeling too bad so fingers crossed that i can soldier on.

The taste has all gone though and a lot of the food tastes funny. I am forcing myself to eat so I can keep my strength. I have also noticed that smoothies and milk shakes taste even better which is a bit odd because I  have never had a sweet tooth.

I have not taken any time off work and I am hoping to go back tomorrow but I will see how it goes. I feel I have to do something otherwise I will go crazy.

I am wishing all you ladies luck and hope you cope well with the chemo, it's a necessary evil to keep the cancer away.  I wish i had had the wisdom to take out critical illness cover then i would not feel under pressure to go back to work.

Good luck everyone and thank you all for just being there.

xxxxTendai

Janey160359

Hi lilginge
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It must have been awful to have had two of the most stressful events in your life happen together.
I am a community nurse and have worked full time for 11 years so I am also enjoying the break from the stress and all that goes with the job.
I was diagnosed in July and haven't worked since because mentally and emotionally I was not able to work.
I feel ok now but still have my wobbles as we all do. Being part of this forum and on FB helps as we are all in in the same boat and helping each other.
I have met some lovely people and received so much valuable advice and support.
My husband is usually home from work in the afternoon so we actually get more time together since been at home. There are positives to everything.
I have had a meeting with management who have agreed to let me start back on a 6 week phase return in March and they have also agreed that I can work from the office.
They have been really great with me. My manager is also a very good friend so I am very lucky.
I have also done theatre work many years ago and I know how demanding it can be so I think you are right to stay at home until the end of your treatment and as you add you are there for your dad.
Take care and will chat on FB . xxxxxx
Janey
Janey160359

Hi Sam
Enjoy your beer ....
Xxx
Janey160359

Hi Nanny sal, I agree life must go on but after working full time for many years I am enjoying my time at home. I would have considered working if my oncologist was ok with it because I go on half pay in March just before chemo finishes so will be out of pocket,
I intend to start back not long after chemo finishes but may need more time off for further surgery so half pay again...but hey ho will have to curb my spending.
I wish you all the best and hope the chemo is kind to us all.
Love Janey xxx
alabamasam

Jane, i love being at home. I've been working full time but that involves going out at 6.45a.m, driving for upto and mostly over an hour to work then not leaving till 6 so i love being at home. Really don't want to go back. I will be on half pay for several months but i got a critical illness payment so i should be ok and be able to spend some time with the kids before I go back to work once my treatment is over, uincluding the radio that won't be till mid may, sounds mad doesn't it but if our chemo finishes mid march, i have 4 weeks off before rads start then 4 weeks of that !
Off to drink a beer, we have 3 'normal' nights left, i'm making the most of them xxx
Sam 🙂
Janey160359

Yes Sam I have had full pay since diagnosed in July. I go on half pay in Feb. My chemo finishes mid march so just a few weeks half pay. I have agreed with management to start work 20th March so will then get a full wage but may need radiotherapy after or further surgery so will have to work around that. They are really good with me and will try to accommodate whatever I need. Tbh After working full time for many years I am enjoying been at home and even my manager has advised me to stay at home and look after myself. They really have been good. X
lilginge

Hi Jane, am also a nurse and have been signed off by my gp since my initial diagnosis although I was off at the time with areas anyway as my mum was in end stage at the local hospice so wanted to be with her as much as I could before she passed away which was the week after my diagnosis. I work in theatres which is quite stressful anyway so am happy to be off until all this is over with. In fact, I have been offered a new job in the meantime so will be a fresh new start. Have only been qualified 3 years so only get 4 months full and 4 months half pay with statuary such pay after that. So may have a couple of months in the new year where we will be falling back on some saving funds but tbh I'm write enjoying the time away and catching up with family and friends and just being able to spend lots of time with my dad so he's not totally alone. My hubby works from home too so I'm not here on my own worrying about stuff. If you feel it will help keep you same then maybe going in and doing office work is the answer but know at my place that would never happen and they'd get me out on the floor as always so short staffed but at least this way they can cover me with agency staff. In the meantime, welcome to or lovely group! Xx
alabamasam

Jane, do you not get full pay while you are off, i thought the NHS paid full pay for 6 months and half for a further 6 months ?
Sam 🙂 xxx
alabamasam

Hi Julia, i think it is normal to worry, i think we will be worrying for quite some time but i can honestly say it does go away or certainly to a hidden place. I think through all the support you get on here and on Facebook we see others going through this and it really does help. I also had a lumpectomy back in September and some nodes removed but one of them was infected so i went back in on Oct 9th for a full node clearance and the results of that were that they were all clear so that was great news. I start chemo this Wednesday - 3 FEC & 3 TAX followed by radio and tamoxifen. When you have your next surgery just be aware that you will have numbness in your arm, it can be quite uncomfortable, i can't say it was painful, just pulled but i am about 5/6 weeks on now and the numbness has eased loads so don't worry too much about it. It does get better.
Glad you found us, we all need this support and we will get each other through this.
Sam xxxx
alabamasam

Hi Tracy, Welcome to our group. I've not started chemo yet, I start the same day as Janey on Wednesday but thanks to everyone on here I am nowhere near as worried as i was or would have been. It is useful to read through the October ladies thread as most of them are 2 or 3 treatments in now and have great advice.
I am trying the cold cap. My chemo unit has the paxman machines, there seemed to be 3 sizes of cap, they let me try them on when i went into sign consent for my treatment. To be honest nine of them fitted me brilliantly but the nurse managed to get one that was quite tight so fingers crossed it works but i do have an appointment with the wig lady at the hospital ion Tuesday. If she has nothing then i'll take myself to Trendco in Manchester. I have had a trendco wig before, i used to just wear it out clubbing - thought i looked like Cher !!! They are brilliant wigs so i'm sure you will find something suitable.
I cut my hair last week, my hairdresser did a short cut for me and i love it, never thought i would either but it is one of the good things that have come from this ridiculous experience we find ourselves going through.
I've given up work for now, i work full time in a massive office for a recruitment company as a payroll manager and it was too much traveling for me and it is such a stressful role to do well while all of this is happening so I am not going back until this is all over and i have also had a holiday with my kids. Work are paying me full pay till mid December and then half pay indefinitely so i can manage. I don't like my job anyway so i'm happy to be at home.
Anyway, you are not alone in this, there are quite a few of us here for support, glad you found us.
Sam xxxx
alabamasam

Hi Camper, not sure if you have found me yet. Please send me a private message so we can get you onto Facebook, i can tell you how to find me xxx Sam
Nanny_Sal

Hi Janey

In all honesty I didn't ask my oncologist about working. I am going back to work because I feel it's what I need to do. IF I was to find it made me sicker, or I couldn't cope. Then I would have a rethink. But I can't spend the next 5 months thinking about nothing but Cancer! I still have a life. In my opinion the job I do is just like thousands of other women do everyday. An oncologist couldn't tell a mum to avoid her children. Therefore I don't see why I should. But I totally understand why you have been advised against working in a hospital.

At the end of the day, oncologists can only advise. It's up too us what we feel is right for us. Xxxxxx
Janey160359

Thanx n/sal
That has made me feel much better. Words of encouragement are priceless in this battle.
I was interested to read you are going to work whilst having chemo. My oncologist was not happy for me to do this even though my manager was happy for me to be office based. I am a nurse and understand that working with patients may expose me to infection but could not see any problems with working in the office. As a result I will loose about three weeks of full Pay which I could do without. Oh well I suppose all oncologists have their own opinions...oh well have to tighten my spending belt.

Take care

Janey xx
darlingj

Hello to you all, I read through this thread this morning and would like to join, you are all inspiring and it's defusing some of my anxiety just to see you are getting through it all. I had a lumpectomy and sn biopsy last week, lymphs not clear so more surgery next week to take out rest of nodes, just as I'm feeling 'normal' again! Then possibly chemo depending on my oncotype test results.
Even before I found the lump I was feeling run down, like I was fighting a cold, and now I'm worried it's a sign of my lymph glands being riddled with more cancerous cells (I am prone to worry!), has anyone else felt like this? Am thinking it could be stress also? And too much over thinking!
darlingj

Hello to you all, I'm also new to all of this, I had a lumpectomy and sn op last week and had dodgy lymph nodes so having next surgery in a week to take the rest of the lymphs out. It's looking as if I'll have chemo unless the oncotype test is miraculously low, but not holding my breath as so far things haven't been going that way! Reading this thread has been both inspiring and comforting, just to know you are all somehow getting through it.
I was worried about the initial surgery but only one week on and I feel ok, so I know the next surgery is do-able but chemo is a scary prospect and reading about your experiences has taken the edge of my worries so thank you,
Julia