1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

alabamasam

Re: November Newbies 2013

Morning everyone, I'm sat waiting for my first boost of rads but the machine has broken 😞 just hope it is fixed quickly. I've been really lucky so far so can't really grumble & even my onc apt on Monday was only a 30 delay so not bad
Hope everyone else is ok
Love Sam xxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Yayyyyyyyy Sam, not long to go 🙂

You should have an appt with your oncologist between 6 and 12 weeks after end of treatment! Then apparently the mammogram is done a year on from surgery! So that's around sept for me!!

Right now I'm going to enjoy celebrating! Xxxxx
alabamasam

That is lovely Sal. What happens now ? Do we get scanned again or are we just released ? I meant to ask my onc today but didn't really get the chance as she was gone in a flash ! My apt was 30 mins late but I took a book so wasn't bothered then u had to go to be lined up for my boosts but my onc combined her bit with that so I was out for 4.30 so all good. Back in a 8.20 tomorrow, this is my last normal one then I just have to 5 boosts to go then ill be free like you !!!!
Enjoy your evening
Love Sam xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Ladies,

Had a lovely day, lots of texts and messages. A cake from a friend, and a cake, flowers and chocs from my bosses! But best of all lots of hugs and kisses from the children I look after! It's been a great day 🙂

Hope you all had a great day! Xxxxxxxx
Tazzles

Well done Sal!!!! Time to get your life back. It's such a good feeling isn't it? I am so enjoying being a 'lady of leisure'. I just don't think I have time for work any more!

Roll on the end for the rest of you xxxx

Willow1

I am so pleased for you Sal, It has been one hell of a journey by all accounts.  The humour, fortitude and darn right honesty about the high and low points you have shared has certainly given me an impetus to get through the dreaded 30 Rads. I can imagine you are pretty euphoric just now and rightly so!! xx    

Tracy1967

Well done Sal, definitely a BIG WHOO HOO for you 🎉🎈🍻🍷🎂 I'm so pleased for you, take some 'Sal' time now to get your head around everything.

No 4 rads went well today, appt due at 5.05pm but they called and moved this to 12.05 - yaay. Arrived on time and went in at 12.05pm - brilliant. Piling on the udder cream again 😀

Wishing you all a lovely day, especially you Sal who will be beaming ear to ear 😍

Love to you all
Tracy XXX
alabamasam

WOO HOO !!!!! 🎊🎉🍸🍹🍻🎉💕 you are done, finished, released !!! Time to celebrate 😊😄😜 I am so happy for you & proud of you for getting through these last few weeks !!!
Enjoy the rest of your day 😊I'm off to the hospital for a 3.15 apt today so ill take a book
Lots of love
Sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

ALL DONE!!!!!!! 🙂

Machine was being fixed when I arrived.
Then after lining me up, they couldn't find the right size piece of glass to go in the boost machine!
So I get down am about to leave room, to wait in waiting area and they shout to say they have found it 🙂
So back to be lined up! Then they put in piece of glass, tape it in place, as otherwise the machine won't switch on!
As they leave the room, I can see the tape slowly undoing itself 🙂 cue staff coming back in to stick it down! Then finally the Zapping is complete!

Both members of staff came in cheering, we all hugged! I could not stop smiling! 🙂

Then I popped in to see my BCN, she was pleased to see me smiling! We chatted and hugged, then I said my goodbyes!

Such on odd feeling, leaving the hospital knowing that I won't be back there for a while! It's been like a second home over the last 9months!

Today I start on a new journey! The getting back to my life journey! Who knows, what lies ahead. But one things for sure, I am going to enjoy each and every day!

Lots of love and hugs to you all, for helping me through the last 9months. Don't worry I'm going to be sticking around for a while yet!

Together we will see everyone through their Rads. Sam I believe you will be next to 'graduate' then my Chemo Bud Tracy, then our new friend Willow! Looking forward to celebrating each of you reaching the finishing line! Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Willow1

Fab! What a relief you must feel. Hope all goes well. Xx
alabamasam

Oh Sal some celebrating tonight for you !!!! I can't believe you for here after the experience you have had but clearly you are stronger than you thought !!!!
I'm so relieved for you, hope your last apt goes to plan & you don't have a delay & look forward to hearing from you after it's all over !!
Love Sam xxxxx 😄

Nanny_Sal

LAST DAY OF RADS 🙂

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Tracy1967

Hi willow, welcome to the group 😃
alabamasam

Yes thanks Alice, they are really pretty & like Sal I think they are a great idea xxx
Sam 💕
Nanny_Sal

Thanks for the info Alice xx
alice45

Hi ladies, just wandering over from February to say I found a firm that does very nice medi alert bracelets if you want something fancier than the simple strap kind: http://www.icegems.co.uk/

I've had all the lymph glands removed from my left arm so want to protect it from lymphoedema injury in case of an encounter with the the proverbial bus...

alabamasam

Hi Willlow
I asked about going out in the sun & was basically told to use very high factor cream on my rads area & that I would end up with a lovely big red square on my body from the radiated area so I guess if we see a load of ladies with big red marks on their bodies then we know why !!!! 😊 Xxxxxxxxx Sam
Nanny_Sal

Hi Willow, I've just ordered one from I think it was, the ID band company!? But I just googled Axillary Node Medi Alert Bracelet, and that site came up first! I've ordered one pink, and one purple silicone band! I think it's worth it, just in case I find myself in a situation where I can't tell them not to use my left arm! Xx
Willow1

And whoopee do! I sent this from my phone and pressed the send button before finishing the message - hopefully I will get the hang of this! But long and short, thank you all for your well wishes and support!
Willow1

Strangely I was thinking along those lines the other day. I too thought I was maybe being paranoid but on reflection as you say it's only a band and it could save a lot of trouble. Do you know where you can get them? My Surgeon gave me a lecture about avoiding sunburn on my arm which has also made me conscious about going in the sun. I have such fair skin that I am not a sun worshiper but I go red after about 10 minutes so for me another thing to be aware of -loads of Factor 50 sun cream in the summer.

Thank you all for your very supportive responses, having felt a tad isolated I feel a lot better knowing I can share stuff with those
Lucy_BCC

Hi Willow1
Welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you have found here, our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you so please feel free to call lines are open during the week 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here's a link to the BCC radiotherapy information publication which you may find helpful to read:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/radiotherapy-primary-early-b...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I was awake at some ridiculous hour, don't know why. But ended up on line reading through some stuff on moving on, after treatment etc etc

Anyway one interesting thing I came across and I thought I would share. Can't remember if any of you had you nodes removed! But if you did, have you thought about wearing a medi alert bracelet? I found silicone one that looks like the charity bands, that everyone seems to wear these days! I ordered one! I thought about it for a while, questioned whether I was just being paranoid and that I would probably never be in a position to need it (I hope) BUT what if I was? What if I wasn't able to tell medics not to use that arm! Then I ended up with problems in that arm, that could of been avoided, by wearing a simple bracelet!

I think after all i've been through with all my hospital based issues, this might give me a little reassurance! Feel free to tell me I am being silly and pathetic! But in my head right now it makes sense! I think!! Xx
alabamasam

Hi Willow
Glad you have found us 😊I know what you mean about friends sloping off although in my case it's family but in some ways it's a good thing as I no longer have to bother with them but its hard to understand them isn't it ?
I have some wonderful friends but really I get more support from these ladies on this forum & in our Facebook group than anywhere else & we understand and support each other more than anyone could ever do.
As the others have said the rads are easy compared to the rest of our treatment & I have been lucky to get early apts each day apart from Mondays as I have to see my doc on a Monday & next weeks I have an extra apt to line me up for my boosts. I have 7 more zaps to go & then I'm having a few more months off work to have summer hols with the kids
Anyway welcome again
Love Sam xxx
Willow1

Thank you Sal and Tazzles for your lovely support and advice.  It does feel good to have somewhere to sound off as it can be an isolating experience. I will approach Radiotherapy with an open mind and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised ;-).

Just been for long walk with the dogs and got rained on.  Now (sad to admit) I am looking forward to watching the Eurovision Song Contest tonight! Small pleasures and all that....... 

Tazzles

Hi Willow and welcome. I think Sal has summed it up completely. Rads are really not that bad apart from them taking over your life for a brief period specially if you have a long journey like I did. One week on though and it is a pretty distant memory already. I think we've all been through that mixture of emotions that you describe. Sometimes I am so angry about this having happened to me. I am also much more emotional than I used to be.

Anyway I'm glad you've found us. This forum has been such a support. I also joined pretty late compared to a lot of the ladies and regretted having struggled alone for quite a while initially. Even though I had support from friends (some of them!) and family Sal is right in saying that only people who have been through it know really what we are going through. 

Take care xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have been in to Westfield and back. Now vegging in front of tv! I'm absolutely shattered!! Although I might of overdone it yesterday, BUT I had a good day, so it was worth it!

Might even have a nap later! Goodness I sound so Old!! 😉 xx
Nanny_Sal

Hi Willow and welcome 🙂

Radiotherapy is in my opinion okay IF you have a good hospital, that has a nice quiet organised unit!! The treatment itself is fine. A little daunting the first time you enter and find yourself lying on a bed/table with no clothes on your top half and a couple of strangers (radiographers) moving and pulling you into position and talking over you as they try to line you up! BUT you soon get to know the staff, and on the whole I had a good laugh with some of mine!

If you get the same appt time each day, like Sam has managed. Then you will probably see the same patients each day and possibly make a few new friends 🙂 I have made 4 special new friends!

It is a long haul, especially having the 30! I felt like it was never-ending! I started counting down, then decided I would just wait till I was over half way, before I thouht about how many were left. Now I have just one to go 🙂

You might get through feeling good and feeling like this is the easiest part of the journey. But don't be worried or surprised IF you have days where you are tearful and angry! I found out of all this journey that the Rads has given me the longest amount of time to 'think' about all that has happened!! Although I have had plenty of delays, so maybe that didn't help!

You will soon be through this and out the other side, but please come on and share anything you want to. These ladies have been great to me, and I hope I have also helped them. The greatest thing is we all truly understand how we all feel! Only someone going through this really gets it 😉

Enjoy the free time you have before the Rads start, because sadly once it starts it really does take over your life for a bit. But we will all get through this!

Lots of Love

Sal xxxx
Willow1

Hi, I have only just found the BCC Forum site (how could I be so slow!?) and thought I would post a message to introduce myself although I am aware I am joining this a little bit on the late side.  I was diagnosed in November 2013 with Breast Cancer which came as a complete shock and everything kicked off so quickly.  I was advised to go into Chemotherapy straight away to shrink the tumour and then surgery and radiotherapy.  I have completed Chemotherapy (FEC-T) and have had two lots of surgery (WLE/Node clearance and a small reconstruction) and I'm now facing 30 Radiotherapy sessions. 

i know I am posting a bit late in the day but I have read all your posts and have admired the way you have all supported each other through thick and thin - especially recently with Nanny-Sal's Radiotherapy trauma!.  I am due to start Radiotherapy on 21st May so I am looking forward to getting it over and done with but also slightly worried about the side effects and the sheer number of visits!!!!.  Any tips would be gratefully received. A bit of background on myself,  I have 3 children, a deranged but lovely husband, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 goats (not an excessive animal lover - not sure how that happened). I have found this journey full of tears, laughter, denial, positive times, negative times, times of great support from most of my friends and yet some bitter disappointment with other friends who have slopped off out of sight, and generally an experience that I wouldn't wish on anybody.  

alabamasam

Tracy I've had about 12 zaps now & my collarbone is a little red & my boob is warm now but not sore. My nipple is a little sore & darker than my right but piling on the cream xxx
Nanny_Sal

I think I can say my breast is well and truly zapped!! Although it really is the collar bone that was worse! But of course there isn't much flesh there, so basically it's skin and bone! It's just like REALLY bad sunburn! I'm sure in a few weeks it'll be a distant memory 😉 look at me being all positive 😉

Tracy mine felt hot from day 3! It was noticeably warmer to the touch than the other breast! But sorness came weeks into it! Remember I have been zapped 29 times! So I am seriously cooked!! Hopefully that means any little rogue cancer cells are well and truly cooked!!

I've just booked train tickets! Also found the perfect gift for my sisters and mum. Plus bought and wrote a card for my amazing BCN! I definitely wouldn't of got this far without her! So all in all a productive day!

Hope everyone enjoys a nice hospital free weekend. Xxxx
Tazzles

Tracy, my boob has been fine except for the nipple being painful (Where the surgeon cut) so you may not get any burning etc. I had 3 more sessions than you so hopefully you'll be ok. I piled on the aqueous cream twice a day which may have helped. Sal, you really seem to have been unlucky in all respects. I suppose at least as yours is so damaged you can at least be reassured that it had done what it was meant to. xxx

Tracy1967

Brilliant news that you were on time today sal and even better that the grumpy nurse apologised to you. Only 1 more to go! You're so close now.

Tara you sound like youre enjoying your freedom from treatment and work. Make the most of it as time seems to be flying by just lately. Only seems 5 minutes since Christmas was here.

Sam I'm glad your appointments are running to plan, I was only 30 mins late going in again today. I can live with a 30 minute wait. 3 down and another 12 to go.

Can I ask, how long was it before your breast started to feel hot? Mine looks ok at the moment but does feel quite warm to touch. I'm piling on the udder cream 😃

Love to you all
Tracy XXX
alabamasam

Oh Sal this is brilliant ! 😊 I'm glad you got to sit down with this lady & have her apologise. We all have bad days but she should have known better especially as she deals with people in our situation every day. My apt was almost on time & I was on my way out by 9am. Did my food shopping & had breakfast with my mum. Then this afternoon I finally gave in a d dyed my hair. I had bought the naturetint hair dye about 6 weeks ago but decided to wait but my last chemo was March 12th so I figured I'd left it long enough. Anyway, my hair survived & the colour is much better, it's not as bright as I would want but it is so much better & looks healthier.
Nothing planned for this weekend apart from visiting my dad in hospital. He has been in for about 3 weeks now with a chest infection but he is best staying there until he is stronger.
Hope everyone has a good weekend
Love Sam xxxx
Tazzles

So glad to hear you are feeling more optimisitc Sal. Only one more to go!!

I am really trying to relax and enjoy my time before going back to work in mid-June. I could really get used this life of meeting people for a nice cup of tea, leisurely walks with the dogs and lots of sitting around reading. I love it and don't know how I ever had the time to work.

I hope everyone else has had a good day.

xxxxxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi ladies

In on time again today! Although they couldn't get me lined up! But got there in the end! It was the Radiographer that I didn't like! The one who made me feel uncomfortable. Well she sat with me this morning and whole heartedly apologised, for making me feel uncomfortable. She was very genuine and very sorry that she had upset me!

So then I had a short wait to see the nurse, to get some dressings. In case I need them over the weekend. The skin on my collar bone has started to peel, and the red new skin underneath is rubbing against my clothes! It hurts!! Well thats the polite way of putting it.

So I have my final appointment, at 8am on Monday 🙂 I am sooooooooooo happy! For the first time ever I am wishing the wknd away!

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I went shopping after Rads and actually enjoyed it 🙂 although needed lots of coffee breaks as my feet are still sore! But that's life!

Sam and Tracy I hope you both had trouble free appointments! Tara hope all is well.

Lots of Love

Sal xxxx
alabamasam

Morning ladies, Wyn well do e on getting through Chemo, as the others have said rads is a breeze compared to that ! See if you can get early apts, I've been lucky as mine are mostly 8.30am every day & I don't get many delays plus after a few days you get to know everyone so you can have a chat & time passes quickly 😊
Sal we had a lovely day in Liverpool but I'm not very good at buying for myself so just got some Pokemon toys for Alex as he has been so good every morning getting up & ready for school club so I can get here & we got Jamie some cans of Mountain Dew & cherry dr pepper from an American food shop as he loves these and he has some big exams next week so these are study aids! The cans are so expensive !! £10 for 12 & in America they are $2 !!! He was dead happy though. I wanted a handbag from fat face but the shop had closed down 😒
I'm waiting for my apt, almost time to go in now. So good sal that you have an early one again ! Off to meet my mum for breakfast afterwards so I hope everyone has a good day with no delays xxxxx
Love sam xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all

Wyn glad you are doing okay! Not long now and you will be crossing that finishing line 🙂

Tracy half an hour late with an afternoon appt, I would say is pretty good 🙂 let's hope it continues!

So another 8.10 appt for me! Can I make it 2 days in a row of on time appts?!!! We shall see! I am feeling slightly nervous. Today is when I get the paper with next weeks times! Now I'm only expecting the one day to be filled in! BUT as at one point 8 boosts were mentioned I'm worried there might be more!! Won't believe I only have one to go till I see that piece of paper!!

Tara glad the tamoxifen isn't as bad as you were expecting 🙂

Sam how did the shopping go? Buy anything nice? I plan on a trip to the shops this afternoon. I want to get my mum and sisters something special, to say Thankyou for the support and just to let them know, how much I love them! BUT really not sure what to get! Any ideas anyone?!

Well I hope we all have a good day! My weekend starts now 🙂 On that subject are any of you back to work yet? Or planning on going back? Xxx
Tracy1967

Hi Wyn, glad your surgery went ok, June will soon roll around. You're welcome to give us a shout if you need support anytime or even if you just fancy a natter.

Sal what can I say, it's about time they got something right at that hospital of yours. Mine we 30 minutes late today but they seemed to be quicker setting me up so I was only there an hour in total.

Sam it takes us bout 1 hr to get to Cheshire Oaks, I can feel a visit coming on after rads have finished.

Tara your get together with friends sounds lovely, as does Sal's - lots to celebrate 🎉🎈🎂😃

Love to you all
Tracy XXX

Tazzles

Hi Wyn

Glad to hear you got through chemo and good luck with the rads. They are a breeze really (unless you have Sal's experience!!). 

Take care and thanks for updating us xx

wyn

Hi ladies, just popped back with an update, tracy I finished chemo on 21st march. I had chemo first then lumpectomy. got my planning appt today for 22nd may then 15 treatments and 4 boosters from 9th june - 4th July. bring it on.

Sal i have been horrified at your treatment and delays and was pleased to read your appt was on time today (a bit late to finally get it right lol) but at least you only have 2 more to go so hope they are on time too.

I will not be geting tamoxifen or any meds as I was diagnosed triple neg ( not sure whether that is a bonus or not!!!) as I feel once rads are over then there is nothing left to give me but hey onwards and upwards.

Take care ladies

sending cyber hugs

Wyn x

alabamasam

Oh Sal what a good start to your day, yes mine was almost on time but only about 15 mins late so out by 9 😀 shopping now in Liverpool. Thinking of having a BBQ in the summer to celebrate end if treatment xxxx
Tazzles

Woo hoo Sal!! Fab news. Lets hope the last two are the same. I'm trying to summon up the enthusiasm to take the dogs out in the pouring rain and then go to Sainsbury's. Not looking forward to either. All I want to do is lay around reading, drinking tea and eating cake. 

Not long till your party now Sal. Its my birthday the day before your party. I've got a couple of friends coming down from London and I'm sure some bubbles will be consumed. Maybe I'll get some pink ribbon to put round a bottle or two. 

I am on day 6 of tamoxifen now and don't seem to have any side effects yet except for the odd hot flush but as I was getting these as a result of the chemo I'm not sure if which is causing it now. 

Hope everyone else's sessions have gone well today. 

Lots of love to you all xxxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all

NOW PLEASE SIT DOWN, BEFORE I GIVE YOU THIS SHOCKING NEWS.............

My appointment was at 8.10 this morning and................

I WENT IN ON TIME!!!!!!! Yes ladies you read that correctly, on time!! No delays!! No machine breakdowns!! Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

It's nice to see that things can run smoothly, now I've only got 2 to go!! Perhaps I'm going to finish on a positive! That would be nice 🙂

Sam and Tracy I hope you both ran to time today and are doing okay!? My breast is really throbbing now 😞 but I keep telling myself that's because the boost is killing any little cancer cells that might of been hiding!! Bought some pink ribbon today, to put around the neck of the wine bottles that I am giving my friends and family on Friday next week 🙂 not long now till my party/night in 🙂

Love to you all on this horrid wet day! Xxxxxxx
alabamasam

Oh ladies nothing is ever straight forward is it !!! Tracy at least number one is done, yes the lining up takes longer than the treatment. Not done much today, just been out for tea to do a mystery diner, pub wasn't great.
Tracy I'm not that far from Cheshire Oaks, about 40 minutes so yes we do go, mostly for the aquarium. Planning a trip up there when Alex breaks up for the summer as he breaks up a week before the other schools due to his school having building work so it should be quieter.
Hope tomorrow goes ok for everyone,
Love Sam xx
Nanny_Sal

Tracy sorry to hear you were delayed, but then you should of expected it. We were Chemo buddies after all. So now I have passed my bad luck with Rads on to you! Sorry 😞 but I was always taught to share 🙂 On a plus you only have 3wks to endure! Even with all my delays and mess ups, I would of coped if it was just the 15 to cope with!

Just to show you how much I care, my appt was at 8.10 I arrived at 8.05 only to find the machine wasn't working! Not a good start to the day! But on a plus there were 2 other younger ladies there, so we had a chat and a giggle! Eventually had my Rads at 9.15 so not too bad!!

Have to say the boosts are much easier to set up and much quicker, BUT my breast is now starting to feel really heavy and sore 😞 I get stabbing pains every so often, which I haven't had up to now. So I can only assume it's due to the boosts!

3 more to go..........I can do this............I have to do this..............I am soooooooooo ready to finish with all this!!

Did meet with my BCN today and she listened, offered me a tissue and let me moan for a whole 45mins! Poor woman, she deserves a medal!!

Anyway another early one for me tomorrow! Well in theory!

Good luck ladies, will be back to compare notes tomorrow Tracy 🙂 xx
Tracy1967

Well first round of rads done, takes more time to line up than having the treatment doesn't it. Well Sal it looks like I'm following in your footsteps, appt at 2.35 but didn't go in until 3.25 then had to wait a further 15 mins before starting treatment. Parking was an absolute nightmare as it was during visiting hours. My appt tomorrow is at 1.45 but the others seems to all be around the 5.00pm mark which I really didn't want. The nurse was lovely and said if there were any earlier appts she'd try and book me in then. I think Wolverhampton hospital has 4 machines but from what I can make out they often breakdown (take it they overheat maybe) which causes the delays.

I'm slapping on the udder cream and hoping it helps with the burning. It was quite sad starting treatment again today, rads are close to the chemo ward and the smell as I entered the centre brought back memories of chemo and the 'sinking feeling' all over again. Just when you start to feel normal off you go again. Least there's light at the end of the tunnel, 14 more sessions to then I'm done 😀

Tara I hope the pain starts to ease for you ASAP. Sam glad you're doing ok on rads, enjoy your shopping tomorrow. Do you ever go to Cheshire Oaks? Used to get loads of bargains there but not been for a while. Good luck for tomorrow Sal, hope it's the nice nurse working the early shift.

Love to you all
Tracy XXX
alabamasam

Hi sal bit long now & I presume u are just leaving for your apt as I am 😃 I'm ok, collarbone bit redbut just looks sun burnt. Number 11 today then having my nails done at 11 but apart from that nothing more today. Gaz is off work but he said he was 'doing jobs' hmmmmm will believe that when I see it, he is asleep still but he has just worked 10 days.
Tomorriw providing I get an early apt we are going to Liverpool for the day, bit of food & shopping which will be good
Hope everyone has a good day &sal hope ur apt goes quickly !!!
Love sam xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies, sorry for all the moaning, but yesterday I just couldn't take anymore 😞 actually cried basically for the entire evening! Appt this morning is at 8.10 it was a 5.25 appt but the Radiographer saw what a state I was in yesterday and changed it!!

My only fear is that when I previously had earlies it was the Radiographer I didn't like working! That I could do without. But the boost doesn't take as long, so fingers crossed all will be done by 8.30 and then I can get on and enjoy my day! Well get back to work!!

Glad your doing well Tara, although sorry to hear you are in pain 😞 my breast looks red and blistered in places, but it's the collar bone that really hurts. As for a bra, well done for lasting this long. I stopped wearing mine weeks ago. Xx

Sam hope you are doing okay. Xx

Tracy good luck today, can't wait to hear how wonderful your hospital is 🙂 xx
alabamasam

Oh Sal this is ridiculous 😤 I wish you cud come & stay with me for the rest of your treatments as my nurses just do their jobs, on time, no messing, no comments unless needed. I don't know about the boosts either but I understand I will have 5 directed at where my lump was.
Think about your party & concentrate on what happens after this ends. As the others say, keep notes and let them have it once this is over.
Well, my nails are going white & ridgy, a couple of my acrylics came off as I've been gardening but due to me having had false nails for about 25 years my nails never look great so I think I can have a new set tomorrow. Ill get them done short do I don't catch them & pull them.
Tracy, do you start your rads tomorrow ?
Sam xxxx
Tazzles

Huge huge hug Sal. I agree with Tracy - get everything down and moan like heckfire next week xxxxxxxx