1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

Tracy1967

Re: November Newbies 2013

Love Blizard beach Sal 😍 waking at 4.30 is good going considering you're 5 hours behind us in the UK. I'm always awake and up at 3.30am US time for the first few days. XXX
Nanny_Sal

Good Luck with work Tara, although doesn't sound like you'll be doing much work today! Sounds like your new employers aren't that well organised xx
Willow1

Good luck with work today Tara, hope all goes well and they get the computer system sorted at some point soon.  

Sam, like you I have been embarking on cleaning (but not really - I have been distracted by all sorts, coffee, the newspaper, browsing the internet and daytime tv).  

Sal, your holiday is sounding really good, never having been to Florida I can only imagine all these places and maybe I should make an effort to go.

Jx

alabamasam

Good luck today Tara !!! Hope you have an easy day xxxxxx
Tazzles

Glad you are having a good time Sal. I am always effected horrendously by jet-lag in the States. Its grey and rainy here so make the most of that lovely sunshine!

I'm technically back at work today but as the people who took us over haven't yet set anyone up on the computer system and we work from home there is nothing for me to do!

Love to everyone xxx

alabamasam

Oh I love it there !!! Enjoy xxxxx 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Nanny_Sal

Think we're off to Blizzard Beach 😃 lots of sun cream, and eating lots of 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦😃

Good luck with the cleaning. Glad you have a happy household! Xx
alabamasam

Ahhh Sal sounds wonderful !!!! My sleeping was all over the place abroad but as you say who cares ha ha, I love Epcot - the Japanese part is my favourite. Which waterpark are you going to ? Its grey here but i'm about to embark on cleaning ha ha - celebrating today as our NFL won their game last night right at the last minute so i have a happy house today. Enjoy floating 🙂
Love Sam xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies

So my sleeping here is no better than in the UK, it's 4.30am and I am wide awake. But who cares, I'm on holiday 😃 We went to Epcot yesterday, which was lovely. But my goodness it was hot! My hand swelled up yesterday 😒 which was a bit annoying and upsetting. I'm just hoping it starts to settle down and doesn't cause anymore problems!

Today we plan to go float around the waterpark all day! Then a trip to Downtown Disney! 😃 Lots of shopping to be done.

Hope you are all well.

Sal xxxx
Willow1

Have fun!!!!! Love Jxx
Nanny_Sal

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
I have arrived in Florida 😃 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
Sal xxxxxxxx
Tazzles

You may already have arrived! Have a wonderful time xxx

Willow1

Have a lovely time Sal. Xxxx
Tracy1967

Happy holiday Sal XXX
alabamasam

Have an amazing time Sal xxxx 🇺🇸🌞🇺🇸🌞🇺🇸
Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies

Just woken up to loud thunder at Gatwick!! Just going to get showered and dressed, then off to Sunny Florida ✈️ 🇺🇸 😃 I am so excited. I genuinely didn't think I was going to ever get to do this trip!

Lots of Love to you all xxxxxxxx
Tracy1967

Sorry to read about the lymphadema Sal, dont let it get you down. There's several women on the November Newbies Facebook page who are having to wear cuffs but I'm sure they're managing OK.Only 1 more sleep and you'll be on your way to the sunshine state. Wishing you a fabulous and well deserved holiday with your family - ENJOY! We go to Florida every year and love it. October time in Florida is our favourite, parks aren't too busy and the weathers fab. There's loads to do, just make sure that you pace yourself.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend
Love to you all

Tracy XXX
Willow1

Sorry to hear that Sal. This lymphodema business is rubbish and I'm really sorry you have got signs of it. You have the right attitude though and like Tara has said once you are away I'm sure you will be able to relax and feel like your old self a bit more. Wishing you a lovely time. Love Jx
Tazzles

Oh no, that's rubbish Sal. I must admit I have been a bit slack about protecting my right arm but this has prompted me to be more careful. Sending big hugs and hope once you are away you can forget all about the last year. I know when I was in Ireland recently I felt 'normal' for the first time xxx

Nanny_Sal

Well it looks like my pre holiday gift is to be told I have Lymphodema 😞 not what I needed, but actually it was what I was expecting. I've had a slightly swollen hand for a few weeks now, and the other night when I got up to use the bathroom, my fingers had all swelled up and I couldn't bend them! But by the morning all was fine again.

BCN said she would get me an appt at the clinic for when I get back. She pre warned me that my hand might swell up on the flight, but that it should go down again! Feeling a bit sad, as this was the one thing I was desperate to avoid! But that's life, and I'm not going to let anything spoil my holiday!

Sending you all ((((((((((big hugs))))))))) xxxxxx
alabamasam

One more sleep Sal !!!! Have an amazing holiday, I'm just off to do school run now then see what the day brings
Anyway Sal, I know you are going to have an amazing holiday, are you just staying in Orlando or are you travelling about ? Either way it will be the best & just what you need.
All my love
Sam xxxx
Tazzles

Have a fab time Sal. Just enjoy yourself and forget about us. We will miss you but will enjoy imagining you in the sun xx

Willow1

Have a lovely holiday Sal. I hope you have loads of fun and lots of sunshine! Xxx
Nanny_Sal

Well ladies, just one more day of work for me, before I head off on the holiday I have waited over a year for! 😃 Don't think I'm going to believe it's happening until we land in Florida! Mum and Dad are coming up on the train tomorrow afternoon, then we are staying at the hotel right next to Gatwick! So no need for us to get up early to travel to airport 😀

I will try and stay in touch while we are away, just to share some nice news for a change! Imagine 2 whole weeks without me moaning! You would miss me sooooooo much 😉

Anyway I think I need to head to bed. Didn't have a very good night last night. Sleeping seems to be very hit and miss at the moment.

Hope every one with sniffles is doing okay. Tara good luck with the return to work, I look forward to hearing all about it. I hope it's not as bad as you are anticipating. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Lots of Love

Sal xxxx
Tazzles

The problem is I don't think I ever will really be ready to go back to work - I have got so used to doing what I want all day. Though I know that I can't do this forever and am going to go back to 3 days a week and focus on my other projects on the other days. Maybe after a year off I'll discover the joys of being a social worker!

Its sad when someone you've developed a relationship with leaves, Sal, but maybe the ditzy one will turn out to be ok. I haven't heard anything from my one since my diagnosis which thinking about it must be just about exactly a year ago. I wonder if I should have a drink to celebrate still being here!

Love to all xx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tracy, I'm hoping something comes out of it. Although very sad that I'm going to have to leave my current monsters 😪 Almost 5 years is a long time. The youngest has had me since he was 5months old! I dread telling them that I am leaving. Although one of the jobs is very local, so I can definitely stay in touch and see them regularly.

I'm off to see my BCN for the last time tomorrow! She's leaving! I actually feel quite emotional about it (as weird as that sounds). Having said that I cried when watching Casualty on Saturday! So I am a bit of an emotional wreck right now. It's just she's been on this whole journey with me, and although half the time she was on leave, she always seemed to say the right thing. She's given my details to one of the other nurses! But thankfully I don't think I'll need so much support now. Because I have met this one a couple of times and she's lovely BUT so ditzy!! Or at least that's how she comes across! I think if she ever had to tell you bad news, you wouldn't believe her! I just couldn't take her seriously!!

Anyway I should start my joyous school runs! So sending you all lots of love. Xxxx

Sam and Tara I agree with Tracy, you'll both know when your ready! I was lucky in that I never stopped. So didn't get to experience life without work ☺️xxx
Willow1

Hi all, I think I am a bit of the odd one out as I don't work. However, having worked full time and very much full on for many many years I can understand the reluctance to go back Tara and Sam but I can also see the value of keeping occupied Tracy and Sal. I love not having the pressure of work but have to admit to being a bit bored at times. It really is a catch 22 isn't it. My youngest has just had a careers interview at school and she came home and asked me what I wanted to do at 15. Short answer, I didnt know then and I don't know now!
Hope you are all getting over your various sniffles etc. I'm not enjoying this autumnal weather that's for sure! Jx
Tracy1967

Sal colds not kicked off for me thank goodness, had a few sneezes and snotty nose but doing fine 😄 you're doing a great job with your interviews, they're going to be fighting to employ you.

Tara and Sam, everything needs to be at your own pace. Being back at work is 'normal' for me and luckily I don't suffer with fatigue / aches otherwise I'd be struggling. The only thing I'm struggling with is boredom at work now, I want to be off doing my own thing 😀
alabamasam

Tara, i'm still on the half pay from the insurance company that my company has employed. They did call me and say they had a report from my onc saying that i was for for a phased return but it was from August so i jus5t said that this was before i started tamoxifen and i wasn't dealing with the side effects very well. I am ok, i'm just achy but i can't imagine getting uip to face the journey i have especially as the motorway that i would use is undergoing 3 years on roadworks & delays are regular. They are contacting me again in November but to be honest i don't think i want to go back
Sam xxxxx
Tazzles

Same thing for me Sam. Yes, very annoying! 

Mega stressed today as work are trying to sort out an Occupational Health referral so my phased return can be planned and they've suggested 9am on Friday an hour and a half away from here. There is no way I can get there for that time. I am still an absolute wreck first thing in the morning. There seems to be so much beaurocracy and nobody knows how to treat me. 

Glad to hear about another positive interview Sal. I wonder how easy it will be to make a decision if you are offered both!

Love to everyone. xx

alabamasam

Hi everyone, i seem to be having trouble with the email notifications that come through telling me someone has posted on this forum, i don't get any then a load come through then they come again, its driving me mad. Is anyone else having this problem ?
Sam xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all

Tara sorry to hear you are stressing. I hope once you return things will sort themselves out. But good luck with starting up your own business. Life is too short to be unhappy in your job xx

I had another interview this morning. Lovely young (they are all younger than me theses days) lady. First time mum, who is looking for someone experienced to help them get the most out of their baby 😃 Shes asked me to come and meet the baby and her husband, once I'm back from Florida! So after being really worried that I would never be able to find a new job, it looks like it's not going to be an issue! Still early days, but looking VERY positive.

Only 4 more sleeps till my holiday 😃

How are all you snotty ladies doing?! Hope you aren't feeling too rough.

Lots of Love to everyone xxx
Tazzles

That sounds really positive Sal and I'm so glad you are feeling happier. Sorry to hear about the cold Tracy. I got the beginings of one a couple of weeks ago but I dosed up with vitamin C and it didn't materialise. 

I am stressing about going back to work as I have been waiting for ages for them to contact me regarding my 'phased return' but I don't think I am a priority at the moment as we are under new management from last Wednesday. I've had loads of hassle from the old lot and they totally messed up my pay and annual leave which has caused loads of stress over the last few weeks. Hopefully my new employers will be more efficient. I am still hoping to start up my Nutritional Therapy business as I really feel I need a change and want to work for myself if possible.

Take care everyone xxx

Tracy1967

Well done Sal, the interview sounds very positive 👍

Sam I'm also sneezing loads and feel a little out of sorts, blooming crap immune system letting us down at the moment. My neutrophils were still only 2.4 when I had a blood test the other week but the ruematoid meds don't help as they dampen my immune system to stop it working overtime 😩 can't win either way.

We'll ladies if you're thinking about arranging a 'meet up' day I'd be interested but it would need to be a weekend for me due to work commitments.

Love to you all XXX
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Sam, that's exactly my thinking. Although I feel I should say something, just because our relationship is built on trust, so I think explaining I had a bad year, but am back to full health now! Would be the best way to go! Am seeing BCN on Thursday, I will discuss with her. All advice much appreciated xx

By the way, I hope you feel better soon xxx
alabamasam

Sal this is fantastic !! As far as telling your new employer about your health you are as healthy as anyone now, the cancer has gone & now everything is good in your life. She sounds lovely too so just this could be it 😄 good luck with the next one tomorrow & also meeting the husband & other child xxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies

Sam glad you all had a good weekend, was going to say it sounds like you all let your hair down!! But under the circumstances not sure that sounds right 😜

Tara I hope you aren't stressing too much about work. I'm sure you will be fine, once you get the first day over and done with xx

Tracy, Jane and Jen hope you all had a good weekend xx

I just got back from my first interview 😃 I think I can safely say it went well. I had only been there 2 mins when she asked if I would like to hold the baby! Lovely baby snuggles! 😃 Then she started saying when you start, which she then changed to if you take our job!! So it sounds really positive! I came away feeling like my old self. Really confident. I actually feel like the old me is still here, and I can get back to doing the job I love. With babies and toddlers again.

She wants me to go and meet her husband and older child, and to see 'my room'!! Her words!! So we will arrange something once I am back from my hol's. Now all I have to do is to decide what I tell her about my health?!! Hmmmmm difficult one!

Anyway not going to worry about that now. Tomorrow I have an interview that's in the same area I'm in now. Which would be a lot less hassle. But we shall see.

Hope everyone has a great day xxxxxxxx
Tazzles

Just popping in for a quick hello. Sorry I've not been posting much. So much going on and trying to get my head round going back to work in a week. Thinking of everyone and sending lots of love xx

alabamasam

Morning ladies,
Sal, lovely to hear you have had your hair done, it is good to start getting back to our normal selves again. I ended up at the hairdressers last week as i had bleached mine again but it was yellowing. Its now very white but knackered but if i just keep having it cut regularly it will be fine. After what it has been through i'm not surprised !
Well, what a weekend ! Met up with the OO's for our spa weekedna nd it was just wonderful to actually meet them in person. We had treatments, hot tubs, sauna, a wonderful meal and lots of wine !
I'm now really looking forward to the NN's weekend in November. I'm also thinking that we could meet up as well, we just need to figure this out with everyone starting back at work and where to go ?
Sal, looking at this weather i wish i was coming with you to America, this mornings school run was horrendous and Jamie didn't go to school - says he is sick but i'm letting him have today. I'm full of a cold again so have been and bought a ton of meds but i doubt they will work - this low immune system is just rubbish !
I'm doing nothing today apart from watching TV !
Anyway, hope you are all doing well,
Love Sam, xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

My hair has been tamed 😃 Went to Toni & Guy and had it coloured and trimmed. Oddly enough I was more emotional this time than I was last time. Think it was because my hair has been really getting me down, and as I sat in the chair I realised I was jealous of all the beautiful long hair sitting around me! But Rebecca and April were amazing and they both totally understood how I was feeling. They listened to me, chatted about what I wanted and I ended up leaving with hair that I felt happy with! (Until it starts getting unruly again)

Any of you struggling with the speed your hair is growing, they suggested sea kelp. But please check with your GP before taking it. Sadly I can't because of my thyroid issues. Also they suggested coconut oil, to give hair a shine. Apparently it's good for the skin too. Put it on hair/skin at night and then wash it off in the morning. It's what a lot of Indian ladies use, so I was told. Got to be worth a try.

Jane we will all be here to hold your hand at the end of the month. We'll be ready for some more good news by then 😉

Hope everyone is having a good day! This time next week I will be on my way to Florida ✈️ 👍 😄 Xxx
Willow1

Sounds like you are making the right choice Sal. Hope all the interviews go well and you can take your pick!
Your wig story made me smile Sam, mine has been consigned to its box at the back of the wardrobe.
Tara, glad all went well with Oncologist and your holiday in Ireland sounds just what you needed.
Tracy, hope you aren't working too hard, sounds like you have much more energy than me.
Jen, glad Mammogram was ok, due mine at end of month -ugh.
Hope you all have a good weekend, shame about the rain, but I guess the gardens need it. Now going shopping with my eldest daughter - I will end up being the bag lady as she is a great shopper!!
Love to all xx
alabamasam

Yes Sal that does make sense ! Time for a change 😊😄 good luck with your interviews, you will be fantastic xxxxx
Tracy1967

That makes sense Sal - go knock them out at your interviews 👍
Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies

I'm happy in my job BUT it's not really a nannying job anymore! I start work at 7.30 and am leaving for a 1.5hr school run by 7.45! Then back to do household stuff, before leaving house at 2.30 to do another 1.5hr round trip. Children are at different schools, so the school run is now a complete nightmare. I don't see much of the children, and although I love them dearly, it is time to start a fresh. I need to get back to what I love doing, being a nanny! Not a PA for two school age children.

Hope everyone has a great weekend xxxx
alabamasam

Happy Friday everyone, Jen great news on your mammogram & 7 hours sleep Sal !!! With all the freaky dreams I have I me we get more than 3 hour blocks, I bet you feel amazing !
Sal are you not happy on the job you ha w at the moment ? What is your reason for a change ? 😊
Well you are right Jen about the spa weekends, I'm just about to pack for the OOs weekend away. We are off to the Hilton in Burton on Trent, I think there are about 14 of us meeting up there around lunchtime tomorrow, we are having a spa treatment then drinking chatting & eating. Just need to find something to wear that still fits me !!!! I did go out shopping today but just came back with a pair of jeans 😤
Anyway hope you all have a great weekend
Love Sam xxxx
Tracy1967

Glad you finally had a decent nights sleep - long May it continue 😍

Great news on the interview front Sal though I thought you were happy looking after your little monsters 😀 Is it because the children are older now and the hours are less? Seems a shame to move jobs if you're happy.

Jen glad the mammogram result were ok, I'm glad I don't have to have them (not allowed with implants) however it gives you a better piece of mind. My checks are mainly feeling unless I think there's a problem then they'll ultrasound the area of concern.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Enjoy your weekends XXX
Tazzles

Glad to hear your mammogram was clear too, FJ and glad you had some sleep Sal.

I'd really love to meet up soon so lets plan something. 

I also use the Aussie range leave in conditioner although I haven't tried anything else. 

Hope everyone is doing ok. 

Nanny_Sal

🎈🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😃😃😃😃😃 I SLEPT FOR A WHOLE 7hrs!!!!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈

Oh how lovely that was! I hope it was the first of many, good nights sleep!

Jen good to see you on here. I was wandering if you would pop on to share your good news. I know how much you were dreading that mammogram, but you got through it 😃 Well Done xxx

Hope everyone else is doing okay? Xxxx
FJ

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure my hair has stopped growing altogether, so its very short but curly.

I always wanted curly hair but now not so sure, they say be careful what you wish for !

I like the Aussie Miracle range, the leave in conditioner is quite good.

Would love to meet up with you all, I'm in Lancashire but willing to travel where ever is best for most.

Been thinking what we could do so that we can have a nice chat/lunch etc without being rushed.

Other groups on this site have met up at a spa for a day or even over night, any suggestions anybody?

Good Luck to those who have their 1st annual mammogram after diagnosis this month.

I have just had mine and was clear, the worry leading up to it was awful so will be thinking about you and wishing you the all the best.

Sal, hope the interviews go well next week and the right one comes good for you.

Love to all,

Jen xxx

Nanny_Sal

Don't blame you Sam, this hair growing business is hard work! I'm off to have mine trimmed and coloured again! Grey roots are just not the look I want!

Does anyone else find their hair is REALLY dry? I'm going to ask the hairdresser if they have any suggestions to help with that, but wandered if any of you had the same problem!

So I now have 3 interviews lined up for next week 😃 I'm happy at the moment, but know I will be a nervous wreck by Monday. Although I am hoping once I have had one interview, I will feel more relaxed!

By the way ladies, are we going to start thinking about a date that we could all meet up?! I really would like to meet you all. A weekend is best for me, and I am happy to travel so long as it's on a train route from London 😉

Right I should do some work! Hope you all have a lovely day. Xxx