1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

alabamasam

Re: November Newbies 2013

Last year when I sent out my Xmas cards i didn't mention my Cancer, I didn't want to have to talk about it or explain my treatment but this year I wrote a letter telling the few people i know who aren't on here what has been happening and all about you ladies and today I had a letter from one friend who is up in Edinburgh telling me that her mum had BC, just a double MX and no chemo or Rads and now 26 years later at the age of 86 still in wonderful health - lovely news on a chilly morning that i wanted to share xxxxx
alabamasam

Well we had a chat, not sure it has really achieved anything. He is going to London next Thursday for a trial day and we take it from there but i told him quite honestly that it would make no difference if he went or not as he doesn't help me at all at home. I have told him that i will just pretend that I'm a single parenrt, we were laughing baout it, all this conversation was taken as i meant it and he wasn't offended as he works from 7-6 most days & i deal with house and kids but i did bring up money and again that didn't go well. Anyway, i'm hoping he enjoys it, i'm looking forward to the house on my own, kids on my own. We actually manage better that way.
Tara i'm glad you had a lovely few days, i have been putting up my tree today. It is finally finished & now i just need to tidy up. Its Alex's school fair tonight so we are off there in about 15 mins, we nearly weren't going as when i went to pick him up from school i hit a kerb and popped my tyre, i'm so mad at myself as it cost me £149 for a new one. So expensive but it is a big car 😞
Anyway, back to school i go
Jane, i've not baked either, i blame National Grid as the gas has been off for two days 🙂
Sam xxxxx
Tracy1967

Tara you're very busy with your friends, just what you need XXX

Sam hope the talk with Gaz went OK XXX

Sal the job share sounds great, you get to still see your little monsters and also get to spend time being a nanny again with the new baby.

Jane we've been putting up the decorations this week and seem to have outgrown our house, way to many decorations but the kids love them. My sister loves Christmas and always buys the children a new decoration every year and it's not always something small for the shelf. One year she brought this massive blowup snow globe with a Santa, snowman and reindeer inside - no idea where we're supposed to put it so it goes outside in the back garden 😀

Well I'm really looking forward to Christmas 2014 🎅🎅 starting to get in the festive spirt now. Off out tomorrow night with 'the girls' for a Christmas meal and plenty of drinks (as you do!) then next Sunday I'm going on a spa day with 2 of by very close friends who I don't see most of the year as we're all in different parts of the country.

Are you home this weekend Sal, Bella will be missing you.

Have a lovely weekend all
Tracy XXX
Tazzles

Sorry to hear about your tumble, Sal. Hope you are recovering. I'm glad you've made a decision about the job/s. That must be a relief. 

I had a nice time with my friend and am now trying to tidy the house and make bread and mince pies as I have another friend arriving this afternoon for the weekend. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone. xx

Willow1

Oh that's great news Sal. Bet you're pleased. Hope your bruising etc goes down soon and you are not too sore.

Well, the baking is coming on a treat NOT! Nothing has been produced so far, not ever going to be a domestic goddess I'm afraid. Had fun yesterday going round a huge garden centre yesterday which had a massive Christmas decoration display. Was very conflicted, my adult self said get tasteful ones and my inner child kept on being attracted to all the singing and dancing snowmen, reindeer and anything stupid!
Hope everyone is ok and getting in the Christmas mood. Love Jx
Nanny_Sal

Think I'm just a clumsy idiot 😊 I have a bruised chin and cheek! Add that to the full on achy body, from the cold and cough that I can't shift....and that's me!!! Think I need a break! Good job Christmas is just round the corner.

On the job front, I declined the job offer with the 2 babies. But am going to definetly take on a gorgeous 6 month old baby, for 3 days a week, from the Middle of Jan 😀 looks like things can work out for you IF you wait! 😉

How's everyone's week going? Sam hope your chat with Gaz went well. Tracy how's work? Tara I hope you're having a great time with your friend. Jane how's the 'baking' or shopping going 😉 Jen how you getting on with all the christmas preparation 😃

Lots of Love to everyone 😘😘
Tracy1967

Oh Sal you are in the wars. Hope you're not too stiff tomorrow XXX
Nanny_Sal

Nope think I should stay in bed tomorrow! Although not sure my bosses will agree!
alabamasam

Oh no Sal, must be the day for it as one of the NNs on Facebook fell and broke her arm & pelvis so you are so lucky you didn't damage your arm, keep an eye on it ! Are you safe to be let out ???? 😜😜😜
Nanny_Sal

That's been a definite plus, I do realise now that I am still employable!

So I am now nursing a very sore arm, hand, thumb, face and back 😔 After tripping over on the school run! Typically I landed on the lyphoedema side! Bl00dy typical. Felt so embarrassed and so guilty, as I pulled one of the children down with me. She was fine, but I felt awful. She was just concerned about me, bless her. I think I am going to feel even more achy tomorrow, than I normally do 😒 SILLY ME 😜

Hope everyone else had a better day xx
Willow1

How complicated. I can see why the idea of 3 days full on and 2 less so would appeal. As you say, I guess it depends on how your current employers take it as an idea. It must be doing your confidence good though to think that all these people want you! Xx
Nanny_Sal

Yes, it's a nice enough room and bathroom.

Problem is I have been asked by a local family if I would take their baby on 3 days a week. As a share with my current job! So I would be working 3 full on days, and 2 more relaxed days. Instead of 5 long days!

Oh I don't know! I don't do decision making! Hoping my bosses my say that they don't want a share, then my decision will be made! Xx
Willow1

How frustrating and confusing for you. I would be irritated too but then I suppose on the positive you are signed off for another 3 months. Hope you are able to make a decision on the job which does sound a good opportunity and using your skills to the full. Have you seen your accommodation yet?
Xx
Nanny_Sal

Another wasted morning.....2hrs of waiting for a 2 min appt, where I was asked how things were going, and when I mentioned a few things I was just told, we'll see how things are in 3 months!!! So what exactly was the point of today's appointment?!

Lymphoedema nurse had a look showed me how to put the sleeve on (I'd already worked it out for myself) gave me a note for more antibiotics and said see you in 3 months!! So what happened to possibly needing some massage to clear the fluid build up!? I'm a bit confused, they tell you to keep an eye on things and seek help ASAP but then as far as I can see, there isn't anything they can/will do until it's really causing issues!

So I left feeling a bit confused as to why I had even gone. Other than to give them some blood for their research. Oh well hopefully I can stay hospital free for 3 months!

Now I just have to make a final decision on the job front. 😳 xx
alabamasam

Ahh good, I'm sure she will be able to help you xxx good luck 🍀🍀🍀
Tracy1967

Good luck for today Sal, I'm sure everything will be fine XXX
Willow1

Good luck Sal, I'm sure it will be just fine.
Tara, hope you've had a lovely time.
Hope everybody is having a good week!
Jx
Nanny_Sal

So appointment with Lymphoedema nurse and Oncologist today! Feeling a bit apprehensive, but not sure why!

Hope you all have a good day xx
alabamasam

Have a lovely time Tara xxxxxx
Tracy1967

Have a lovely time Tara XXX
Nanny_Sal

Have a great time Tara xx
Tazzles

Realy glad to hear about the job Sal. Great news! As for your GP, I wouldn't have been able to hold it together and would have given him a piece of my mind.

I'm going to see a friend for a couple of days tomorrow so won't be on here for a few days. 

Have a good week everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies,

Jen you are VERY naughty!! 😉 Don't you be leading these other ladies astray!!

Well I just had one of those "Oh my goodness, you can't be serious" moments. I went to see my GP as I needed more antibiotics, as although the Lymphoedema nurse requested 2 wks worth, they only gave me a weeks worth! Anyway, I sorted that and got my prescription for the Tamoxifen while I was there. Then as I got up to leave, my GP asked........ So did you actually end up having Breast Cancer????? 😳😜 SERIOUSLY??

Obviously I was feeling quick witted and replied.......well if I didn't have Breast Cancer, they've removed half my breast, filled me with drugs, and blasted me with Radiotherapy for nothing! And to top it off they are now making take Tamoxifen, so what do you think 😉 He didn't know what to say!! Dozy Doc! If Snow White has lost one of her dwarfs, I know where dopey works 😃

Anyway on a plus, the antibiotics seem to be working. The really hard area I had in my breast is slowly getting softer and smaller 😀 I'm starting to think that this could of been dealt with months ago. I'm also wandering if this is why I have been so tired, even after an okay nights sleep. Maybe my body has been fighting to keep this infection under control.

Then I went to collect prescription and out came the pharmacist with Relonchem 🙀 noooooooooooooooo 🙀 he very quickly realised that I would prefer a different brand 😃

So I have been formally offered the job I mentioned earlier. A couple of details to try and sort out, but looking hopeful. I just need to get over feeling anxious, and feeling that I'm doing the wrong thing. I think the fact I have an appointment with the oncologist on Wednesday is playing on my mind. Stupid how these appointments suddenly bring you back down to earth with a bump!! These feelings and worries are never far away!

I had a great weekend at home. Bella was soooooooo excited to see me, she almost threw herself out of my mums arms at the station. She wasn't so impressed with me, when I bathed her yesterday 😊 she looked like a drowned rat, bless her! But now she is super fluffy! She has been the best gift I have ever given my parents, it's been a long time since I've seen them this happy 😃

Right I suppose I should get some lunch before its time to collect the munchkins!!

Hope you are all well. Xxxxxxx
alabamasam

Ahh glad you are ok, yes I've been to markets several times. As Gaz works in Mcr we have a parking pass at one of the NCP car parks so I've made use of it. I think I'm done now with town. I still need a trip to Stockport but I'll do that on Wednesday then I should be finished. Will just have to wrap it all 😞 I've just put up some tacky decs in the lounge & if I can drag Gaz off his computer we will venture out to get a Xmas tree although it's sleeting at the mo so don't fancy going out. We are going to see Santa later at the Trafford Centre, could be mayhem but tickets are booked. Jen hope your headaches aren't sonethung serious & have a wonderful weekend 😊
Love Sam xxxx
FJ

Hi Sam,

I'm ok, thanks for asking.

Had a bit of a wobble a few weeks ago, been having headaches which is not like me so had an mri scan but problems not cancer related which was a huge relief as you can imagine.

Went to the Manchester Christmas Markets on Friday which was great, I know you are a fan!

I'm afraid I am the naughty girl in the pack and opened my pressie, thank you once again Sal, you are so thoughtful.

Off to London this weekend for the works Christmas Party, missed it last year for some reason ha ha !

Love to everyone and hope you all have a good week.

Jen xxx

alabamasam

Not heard from Jennifer on here for quite a while, hope all is ok ?
Sam xxxxxx
Willow1

Hello Santa Sal, just received my pressie in the post. I too will wait to open it! Thank you so much and such a lovely thing to do! Xxx
Nanny_Sal

Santa Sal 🎅 I like the sound of that 😃 xx
alabamasam

ahhh me too Sal, how lovely you are to do that. I don't want to open mine either till Xmas. Thank you so much.
Have a lovely weekend
with lots of puppy cuddles 🙂 xxxxxx
Tazzles

Mine arrived too! Thank you Sal, that is so kind of you. I am keeping mine until Christmas Day though as once you get to my age the pressies are short in supply! Have a lovely time with your parents and puppy this weekend. 

Lots of love to everyone xx

Tracy1967

Well I think I need to call you Santa Sal now😀 postman came this morning with my card and pressie - THANK YOU sooooo much, what a lovely gesture XXXX
Nanny_Sal

Glad you survived unscathed Sam. Xx
alabamasam

Well I've been to the market with mum, apart from Her being a grumpy old woman and constantly complaining I got thru it and I'm just dropping her home now, then I think I need to organise what Ive been buying as its all in my bedroom piled up high and in going to start wrapping before school run. Sal, doesn't the school run come round fast !!!!
Nanny_Sal

2 dozen mince pies cooked 😉 now sitting down with a cup of honey and lemon.....goodness I feel rough! Just the thought of the school run in the drizzly rain makes me want to go back to bed!!

Nothing wrong with on line shopping ladies.....other than I think we all spend more 😊 but we are all making up for last year 😉 well that's my excuse xx
Willow1

Tara, a girl after my own heart - the "tide me over" excuse is much used by me especially when it comes to mince pies and Christmas cake. I have failed to go out and instead have been drawn in to online shopping - bad news for the bank account as I keep seeing things to buy. Think I might go and make myself a cuppa and taste test a mince pie! Xxx
Tazzles

Good new Sal!

I didn't get much Christmas shopping done but did some online yesterday - I know its cheating but at least it gets the job done!

Just scoffed two mince pies to tide me over until lunch in about half an hour.

xx

Willow1

Yes, good luck with your mum today, hope it's ok and she remains civil.  

Going to the dentist tomorrow - ugh! I know I will have to have some work done but not sure how much will be involved but at least hopefully it will be sorted before Christmas.  

I'm going shopping again today for xmas pressies, nearly there so not much more to get. Haven't thought about decorating yet but probably will do it this weekend.

Have a good day everyone and Sal, hope the Mincepies turn out well.

Jxx 

alabamasam

can't imagine my mum drinking - god no ha ha
Nanny_Sal

GOOD LUCK Sam! I hope your mother finds some Christmas spirit, if all else fails.....get her pi**ed on mulled wine 😝 Hope you have a good time 🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁 😃
alabamasam

Hi, i am attempting once again to take my mum out. There is a Victorian market on at the lowry shopping centre in Salford so we are off out there in an hour
After that i'll come back and decorate my white tree. It is up in the hall with lights on 🙂 Christmas is starting to happen !!!!!
Sam xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies 😃

Tracy I do have the Mary Poppins umbrella 😉 but I haven't quite mastered the floating away with it yet!! I'm feeling a lot more positive about things today. Although part of me is hoping that it doesn't work out! But only because I am dreading having to hand my notice in 😒 but I know it's the right thing for all of us! Sadly!!

So I have a day of baking ahead of me. Going to make a batch of mince pies to take home for my parents, as I am heading home to see them (and Bella) tomorrow evening. Can't wait, Bella is growing so fast! Podgy little pup! Will bore you all with photos over the wknd 😉

How's the tooth Jane? Did you get it sorted? I have the dentist tomorrow for a check up....I hate the dentist and really am not looking forward to it 😱

Hope everyone has a good day. Any one doing anything Christmassy? Tara how did you get on with your shopping? Tracy did you find a reborn doll for your daughter?

Lots of Love to everyone

Xxxxxxxx
Tracy1967

That's brilliant news Sal, now we just need to work on your confidence. Come on Mary Poppins show them what you're made of 😍😍😍😍
Willow1

That's great news Sal. 😀😀😀
alabamasam

Great news Sal 😊😊😊😊😊😊 xxxxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Well I got a text this afternoon to say they are trying to work out a fair offer, and inviting me to go and see the houses next week 😃 so looks like I might just have a new job 😃 fingers firmly crossed 😃
Tazzles

Hope you get a positive result soon. I don't expect there are many nannies as experienced as you so they should realise you have to pay for quality! xx

alabamasam

I'm glad this is the case, i didn't think they would think this way as we are fine now and you will be fine with your arm as you will be careful. Maybe if you are worried in any future interviews just don't mention it. I doubt it would affect anyone's decision, not like we are contagious but just so you don't have this worry again xxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi ladies,

Well I met up with them both. Apparently they both love me and think I would be great for the job....BUT I am the top end of their budget pay wise!! Well that's what they say. They are still thinking about it and will let me know.

I was pleased that at least it wasn't the health stuff that was putting them off. I think if they don't offer me the job I will leave the job search until the new year. Give myself time to build up a bit of confidence again.

Thanks for listening and being so supportive....what would I do without you lovely ladies 😘
Tazzles

I do hope it works out, Sal. xx

alabamasam

Don't be too sceptical, just be you when you meet her. She can easily take Her ads down once she has seen u !!! Good luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀