Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

Tracy1967

Re: November Newbies 2013

Have a fabulous holiday Tara, you deserve it! I'm soooo jealous 😎
Willow1

Glad Gaz is still breathing😉! The weather sounds grim and sitting outside sounds worse but if you are hot I don't blame you. People watching is my favourite sport - could spend hours just watching all the comings and goings. Xx
alabamasam

Sal this sounds super positive, I'm made up for you. Gaz is still breathing 😄 he is currently in his final interview for his (hopefully) new job at Vappiano. I'm sat in cafe Nero in Manchester under a big umbrella having an iced coffee watching people run about through the hail ! I am too hot to sit inside but I still have about an hour to kill as his interview was at midday. Anyway I'll continue with my people watching
Love sam xxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tara, I'll certainly try 😃 You concentrate on having an amazing time, u'll have to catch up on developments when you get back 😉 xx
Willow1

Have a lovely time Tara and I hope you get to totally relax and just generally enjoy! Love Jxx
Tazzles

Oh that sounds fab Sal. I lived in Clapham for about 13 years so know it well. This will probably be my last post for a month as we don't have internet access where we are staying so I hope everyone has a good month and I'll be in touch on my return. Sal, you have a fab 40th.

Much love xxx

Willow1

That sounds very positive. Fingers crossed! Lets hope this one turns out to be the one - the accommodation sounds fab! Xx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all

I just got back from the most amazing interview.....I really would LOVE the job. The lady sounded keen, but I really don't want to get my hopes up, just in case it doesn't work out!

But having said that IF she did offer me the position, I would be REALLY REALLY HAPPY, and I know I wouldn't want to leave these, but I would know that I was doing the right thing for me.

It's a job in Clapham, so a new area for me. But a very child friendly area. It's one baby aged 14wks at the moment. She's in a good routine, and mum wants her to be routine based (my perfect employer). It will be part time hours until August/Sept which is another plus. Will be nice to ease into a new job, and be able to go to appointments without interfering with their work! The living space is a separate downstairs flat, and looked amazing.

I have my fingers firmly crossed that I hear back from her. Like I said she sounded positive, but you can never really tell. Although she did say that they really wanted an English Nanny, and in all honesty there aren't many English nannies around these days. Especially ones who want to live in 😃

Hope everyone is having a good week. Sam I hope you have sorted things with Gaz, or at least not strangled him. Tara hope you are packed and ready to go 😃 I hope you have an amazing time.

Jane I hope things are going well for you. Tracy and Jen hope you are both okay.

Lots of Love to you all. Xxxxxx
Tazzles

Just got back from a couple of days at mum's as I had work meetings nearby. I am exhausted! I'm quite relieved though to hear that it isn't just me who is suffering with this lack of energy. 

Good luck for interview Sal. I too am still not sure what I want to do with my life. I keep thinking I want to make some changes with regards to work but just don't have any motivation to do anything about it so feel very stuck in a rut. Maybe my month away will give me some inspiration. 

Take care all xxxx

Willow1

Good luck Sam with your weight loss mission - I have put on weight over Xmas that I need to get rid of. Less chocolate and cake might be a good start for me! I do try to be good but I find it boring but I must get into the right frame if mind if I am to shed the pounds! I'm with you on the work front Sam, I worked full time until 4 years ago, was made redundant and just couldn't find a job that I wanted. So, I am gainfully unemployed filling up my days happily with all sorts of things - amazing how busy I am these days! Love Jx
alabamasam

Good luck today Sal, that is really hard to get that reaction from the children. I guess this is the main problem or would, be for me that i wouldn't want to leave them. Only you can make this decision though but you have to absokutely sure don't you. I'm not sure what i want to do, i am pretty sure i don't want to go back to work but i don't want to so unless i am forced into it then i'll just keep going as i am.
Today is day one of positivity for me ! I have weighed myself and i weigh 100 kg !! Not good but i have to lose 20kg, i can do it, just need family to support me and not try to tempt me.
Good luck today Sal, see how you feel with this lady and with your interview and i'm sure you will know if it is right xxxx
Let us know
Love Sam xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Jane, great advice......quite frankly right now I will take any advice I can get. I feel so 'lost' really don't know what I want. I've NEVER felt like this before. I have always known when it was the right time to move on. But I can't help feeling that their is safety in staying where I am.....but that doesn't make it the right decision or the one that will make me happiest!

Actually what I need is to win the lottery 😃 xx
Willow1

Oh that's so hard when little ones get to you like that. Take things a step at a time and see how it goes, you will instinctively know when the right opportunity comes along and that will help you make the right decision - after what we have been through there is nothing wrong with taking time to sort "stuff" out in our minds (as torturous that might feel at times). However, I am terrible at making major decisions, so I am probably the wrong person to give advice! Xx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Jane, glad you're doing okay. It's nice to hear that I'm not alone in feeling tired, although obviously I wish none of us were feeling like this.

Already had an emotional moment this morning, when I told the children that we were meeting a lady and her baby this afternoon. My eldest charge looked really shocked and with tearful eyes asked if I was leaving them 😢 I didn't know what to say........I can't deal with this right now 😢
Willow1

Im ok, like you I am not up to full energy levels and if I allowed myself I could easily have a nap in the afternoon - but I don't as it reminds me of being ill. It's definitely a slow recovery process and as well as the physical trauma we have had to contend with the emotional baggage as well. I think we need to be kind to ourselves! Good luck today, let us know how you get on. Xx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Jane. Life just seems constantly complicated at the moment. Not helped by the fact I just feel totally knackered all the time! Feeling a bit fed up, as it's almost a year since my Chemo finished and I am still tired and struggling to get through the day! I thought things would be back to 'normal' by now. But now starting to think that things might never be normal again 😔

So that's something else that I need to take into account. Wouldn't want to start a new job and find I am not fit enough to do it. Goodness life is soooooooo unfair sometimes.

Okay moan over.

How you doing Jane? Xxxxxx
Willow1

Good luck with the interview Sal. Coffee with one of the mothers sounds interesting too. More potential choices to confuse you! I can see why you would want to move on completely but I can also see it would be a big decision to make. Nothing is straight forward is it!?
Love Jx
Nanny_Sal

How's everyone doing? I'm back to work today 😳 I seriously didn't want to get up this morning!

I have an interview tomorrow after work! Also meeting a local mum for coffee. She contacted me today about doing a nanny share for 3 days! I'm really not sure if I want to carry on here or not. I seem to chop and change my mind throughout the day!

Anyway she may need me and decide she doesn't want me to have her baby, then I won't have to make a decision!

Right I'm off to bed. Big hugs to all xxxxx
alabamasam

Well we had a chat, he took the shirt to work and tried to give it back to her , she bought it for him coz he hired her when she had been unemployed for over 2 years & he helped her get an ni number. I vaguely remember this. I asked him how he wud feel if someone I worked with spent £45 on me but he didn't see it at all. Men are just stupid ! Anyway, maybe I'm just super sensitive right now, feeling low & bad self esteem so for me starting Monday is diet, me time, I msybe need to be selfish. I'm coming to London Sal on Saturday jan 31st to meet up wth a few of the October & Nov ladies and it wud be great if you cud join us. I'm staying over in Farringdon.
Tara I hope you have an amazing holiday, I know you will. Really I need to sneak into your case !!!!!
Anyway I'm having a selfish soak in the bath for 5 more mins but I need to come out soon so Jamie can wash out the blue hair dye I just put on his hair 😜
Willow1

Sorry you are having such a horrible day Sal and Sam. I can quite understand how you both feel. I think Tara is right Sam, you need to talk to Gaz but I can see it is a tricky conversation and probably one you can only bring yourself to have when you are feeling more resilient. Sal, your 40th is very important and should be celebrated in style - not defending your friends but people just don't think. They have probably psychologically parked your experience and moved on - little knowing how vulnerable you feel at times and how their actions impact on you. I used to have some close friends that never bother to get in touch or ask how I am and I have more or less written them off now. Tara, hope you trip to Spain is gloriously sunny and full of fun! Tracy and Jen hope your are having am enjoyable weekend. Xx
Nanny_Sal

Sorry to hear you are having a rubbish day Sam. Can I join in with the (((((((hug))))))) I think we are all just super emotional and sensitive after all we have been through! Plus it's frustrating when things seem to be very one sided.

On a plus, I put an ad on a parents website, and have already been approached by two families wanting to interview me 😃

Tara I hope you have a fantastic time away.....I am very jealous 😉

My birthday is the 14th Jan! Hoping I might actually enjoy it this year, but not sure I will 😔 Lets hope I can snap out of feeling sorry for myself before then xxx
Tazzles

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Gaz, Sam. I think you should talk to him about how you are feeling. From your comments on hear previously he seems to be a sensitive person. There's no point stewing about things - have it out with him!

Sending hugs in the meantime.

xx 

alabamasam

When is your birthday Sal xxxxx
alabamasam

Also having a sh1t day !

Here's a question - am I being paranoid or do I even care ? Gaz came home from work last night where incidentally he has been all over Xmas. He had a present from one of the dish girls (he works in a restaurant), she had bought him a shirt from M & S - £45 shirt, he says she just wanted to get him a present. Not being funny but i don't spend that much on shirts for him. He has gone to work wearing it today, apparently she is a 35 yr old Dutch lady ? I'm getting very bored with being married, all it has done is cost me a ton of money !

Tazzles

Oh that is so inconsiderate. What could be more important than your 40th?!!! What date is your birthday?

I've survived the New Year and am now getting things organised ready for our month long trip to Spain next Friday. Can't wait, its too cold here for me.

Love to all xxx

Nanny_Sal

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE STICK TO PLANS??

Feeling so FED up 😒 I invited my mum, sisters and a few friends to a birthday weekend in London. For my 40th. I thought I would ask them before Christmas, and they all said yes that would be great, and they were pleased to see me excited about something. So today I text around just to check that everyone is still okay, so I can book tickets for a couple of things.......suddenly 2 of them can't now make the meal in the evening. Which is my main celebration 😒 I'm so annoyed. Why the hell didn't they just say no from the start! Why say yes and now drop out. I really wanted to have a good birthday this year, but now just feel like cancelling the whole bloody thing. It's just another reminder that my friendship with them seems to mean more to me than it does to them 😒

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend. Xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Let's hope 2015 is a great year for everyone. 😘😘😘
Tracy1967

Happy New Year to all the November Newbies. Wishing you all excellent health in 2015 🍷🎉💝😍
alabamasam

Lots of love Tara & Jen xxxxx 💗💕💗💕💗
Tazzles

Happy new year everyone! Just a quickie as I have friends here and am meant to be entertaining.

Much love to you all and hope to meet you in 2015 xxx

FJ

Hello everyone just wanted to wish you all the best for 2015.

For the last couple of weeks I have been busy looking after visitors and not even seen the final of Strictly yet!

For my NY resolution it should definitely be to do more of what I want to do and not worry about everyone else!  Having said that we managed to have a ride up to the Lakes yesterday and had a nice walk around Rydal.

Never been that keen on New Year but going out with a couple of friends tonight, don't know about you ladies but looking forward to 2015 with some apprehension but then I put my positive cap on and think about where we all were 12 months ago.

Anyway hope you all have a good evening and look forward to getting that meet up sorted in the New Year.

Love and best wishes to each and everyone of you lovely supportive ladies.

Jen xxx

alabamasam

Morning my lovelies. We are doing our usual tonight, few friends round and cheeses & wine, maybe some fizz at midnight !!! Gaz is off today, yesterdsy we went for a beautiful walk, all that was missing was a dog !!! Today we have just had pancakes for breakfast & we may go to Fernilee for a walk with a few friends.
Now I'm just having a tidy tound, watching a film with Alex and about to have s coffee. Big day ha ha, I love that I'm older & don't feel the need to go out on NY Eve !!!!
Heres to a wonderful & happy 2015 to all of us
Love & hugs
Sam xxxx 🎉🎊🎈🍷🎳🍸🍹🍻
Willow1

Wishing you all a Happy and healthy New Year! Will spend it quietly with the family. I will raise a glass to you all. Love Jx
Nanny_Sal

How's everyone doing? What you all up to this evening?

I am still at my parents. We have my sister and her husband, and a couple of family friends coming over this evening! We will play silly games and have a good laugh 😃 I look forward to waving goodbye to 2014, and hope we can all have a much better 2015! Xxxx
Nanny_Sal

I did get a gift voucher, as I do every year! But I think after all I've been through a card just saying thank you and how much they appreciate what I do for them, would of been nice! But on a positive, I can now move on with no guilt. Let's hope I can find a job, now I really want to move on.

Sam I hope you enjoy getting your house back 😉

Bella goes for her first walk today!! Should be interesting! 😃

Hope you all have a good day xxxxxxx
alabamasam

Oh sal that is awful ! You really are part of that family, did they not even get you a present ? I felt quite ungrateful with that present my friend gave me but usually I get lovely bits from her. We have had a lazy day, did got to tesco but just got dinner stuff for tonight. Gaz just home from work & Jamie just back from his dad's. I am taking the girls back tomorrow so I get my house back & my TV, I onky have to drive them to Coventry which is great as their mum is meeting me there 😊
Tara we got about 5 mins of snow !!! Still caused chaos ! I was gutted as we fancied some snow play today but I'm hoping for a bit more.
Anyway, I'm off to put some fajitas together for dinner, then it's a movie night.
Dad is out of hospital today which is great as normally he ends up in there for 6 weeks. I'm cooking a full Xmas dinner again next Saturday 😊
Willow1

I hope things are improving for you Sam, sending a big hug. Sal, your employers sound like they are taking you for granted so a new job without qualms is in order!
No snow here, but flurries and a bitterly cold wind.
Love to everyone. Xxx
Tazzles

Sorry to hear your Christmas hasn't been good Sam. Sending hugs xx

Sal, what meanies your employers are! Definitely time to move on without any guilt!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Anyone got snow?

xx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all,

Sorry to hear your feeling a bit down Sam ((((((((((Big Hugs)))))))) I know exactly how you feel about the gift your friend gave you. I got upset on Christmas Day with my bosses, after all I have done for them this year, they couldn't even take the time to write a Christmas card for me! No little personal thank you message, just a cheap card that one of the kids signed for them!! I was very pi$$ed off. But it has helped me to realise that it really is time to move on. I'm clearly not appreciated by them anymore, and life is way too short to put up with feeling unappreciated.

Although I didn't let it spoil my day, nothing was going to spoil Xmas this year.

Now to try and put a smile on your face......picture me sat on the sofa with Bella on my lap, and we are playing a game on the iPad together 😃 it's a game designed for dogs and she LOVES it 😃😃😃 I have never laughed so much!

Sending you all hugs. Xxxxxxx
Tracy1967

Oh Sam what a pile of crap, no wonder you're feeling low. You're certainly getting a raw deal right now and in serious need of 'you time' but kids need looking after. Sending big (((hugs)))) your way. I hope your dad's OK and on the mend, you must be worried sick. Sorry that Gaz had to work, you could definitely do with another pair of hands right now, especially when you're looking after his girls. I know I'd be fuming if it was Dean and would have ripped his head off. You've done well to stay so calm. I hope everything comes good for you ready to start 2015 XXX
alabamasam

Ahh it is amazing how much difference a year can make ! I'll be glad to see the back of this year ! Christmas wasn't the best, my dad was rushed into hospital with heart & breathing issues, gaz's dsughters are as rude as ever, Gaz worked everyday apart from yesterday & we did have s good day but my best friend came round & normally she gets me really personal brilliant presents & this year she gave me a meal card for a veggie restaurant for me & Gaz to go out for dinner. A really lovely idea but not what I expected so I feel a bit sad and ungrateful for that but it just seemed odd. I've spent my entire few days running round after everyone, I've never washed up so much in my life & I've got terrible back pain today. I have to go to tesco coz kids don't eat-leftovers & I would really like someone to look after me for a change. My mum brought me an umbrella for Xmas !!! Just weird so for me I can't wait for 2015 !!!!
Sorry to be so down but can't snap out of this one 😞
Tracy1967

What a difference 12 months makes 😍 this time last year I was 6 days into my 2nd chemo, hair had started shedding and it was the first time I wore my wig - horendous! Fast forward 12 months and I've had a wonderful Christmas with my family - eating loads and being merry 🎅👍💗

It's lovely to hear that others have had a good Christmas 🎅 we bloody well serve it!

My thoughts are also with those no longer with us (especially our November Newbie Angel) and those ladies still going through treatment ((((hugs)))) wishing them a speedy recovery XXX

Love to you all
Tracy XXX
Nanny_Sal

Hi Tara

Glad you had a nice day yesterday, and pleased to hear you have a holiday arranged 😃 just what you need 😃 that sounds like a perfect way to spend the start of 2015! Do you think I could come in your suitcase?

I've had a very lazy day today, which is just what I needed.

Hope you all had a good day xxxx

Glad you liked your necklace 😃 xxxx
Tazzles

Hi all. Hope everyone had a lovely day. I really enjoyed mine with the family (and my two dogs). I ate too much and drank rather a lot of bubbles, red wine and baileys - but heck I was celebrating being alive!

Sal, I love my necklace so much. Thank you for such a kind generous thought. I am wearing it with pride and all day yesterday kept fondling it and thinking of us all. I am so looking forward to meeting you all in person in 2015.

It looks like we will be heading off to the south of Spain on the 9th Jan for 4 weeks after all. My partner's back seems a bit better and we've decided to risk the long drive even if it means he suffers for a few days when we get there. 

Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

Lots of love

xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hope everyone had a fantastic day! I'm just heading to bed. It's been a REALLY nice day. Bella had LOTS of toys, but still prefers shoes and slippers 😃

Hope you all had a great day! Xxxxxxxx
Willow1

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a fantastic day! Lots of love. Jx 🍗🍗🍗😀😀
Tracy1967

Merry Christmas to all the November Newbies, have a lovely day 😍🎅💗
alabamasam

Morning lovely ladies, Merry Christmas, hope you all have a wonderful day & yes, here is to a happy & healthy 2015 xxxx 🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅
Willow1

Merry Christmas everybody!! Thank you all for your support and here's to better times for all of us in 2015! Lots of love. Xx
Tracy1967

Merry Christmas to you all 🎅🎅️ 2015 is definitely our year - ENJOY

Love to you all XXXX