1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

alabamasam

Re: November Newbies 2013

Thanks Tracy, I'm really struggling with this decision for dad but he wouldn't care, deep down I know he would be fine with the private cremation. For me, as I'm paying, it's the cheapest option-still over £1000 but once it's done I'm going to take his ashes and plant them into a pot with a rose as when he was well he loved gardening and we are going to have a family meal at a restaurant he loved.
Sam xxxx
Tracy1967

glad you had a lovely weekend Sal, you are loved 😍😍😍😍 regarding feeling out of sorts and tired again, you may have anaemia due to the blood loss. Thank goodness everything has finally settled down for you. XXX

Send some sunshine up north Jane, it's freezing here in the Midlands XXX

Sam hope the funeral plans are going OK, they are so expensive. I don't think it matter what type of funeral you have, the end results are the same. Your dads at peace now XXX

Love to you all
Tracy XXX
Willow1

I'm with you on the feeling tired and not feeling quite right, some days I think I have cracked it and am back to my old self and other days I feel like an old woman! Not easy is it! Good luck with the school run!
Nanny_Sal

Hi Jane

Don't want to jinx things, but things have definitely stopped....for today at least!! Hoping that's it for this month, and really hoping that next month I get just a 'normal' period!! We shall see. I'm still getting cramps though, which is odd, and feeling just not myself. Debating whether I should go and see GP! But not sure what I would be seeing him for. I'm tired.....aren't we all, not feeling quite right.....difficult to explain, I'm losing weight without trying! But that could be just the extra I put on over Xmas, or water retention before the period started, and I've got cramps! Oh and really oddly my nails have gone really brittle again!! Just as I thought I was through all that!

Might give it a few more days and see if things improve now I'm not bleeding!

Anyway hope everyone else is okay. Sounds like the shopping was good, for your daughter at least 😉 a walk with the dogs sounds perfect, I am off on the school run shortly. This will be the first dry school pick up in a week 😀 long may it last xx
Willow1

Sal, hope everything has calmed down for you and you are managing to do all you need to do without being curtailed by the fear of being more than 2ft from the loo!! Your weekend sounds lovely and it's so right that you should feel loved and special on your birthday. What movie did you see? There are so many films I would like to see but I never get round to going.
Went shopping with youngest and to be honest it was a bit disappointing (you know those times when nothing leaps out) but she was pleased with her jumper and top so that made it worthwhile.
Lovely sunny day, will take dogs out later and hopefully enjoy the sunlight rather than grey clouds.
Hope everyone is ok
Jx
Nanny_Sal

Hi All

Thanks Tracy, I had a good time, especially yesterday. Period eased up for the day, thanks Mother Nature, so I was able to enjoy a day out at Madame Tussaud's with family and friends. It was really good, think it's been about 14years since I last went.

Then we sat and had coffee and a good chat, before heading back to the hotel. We got changed then went down for a nice meal. Then mum had organised a surprise birthday cake, with a picture of Bella printed on the top, it was beautiful and very tasty (of course I didn't cut into Bella) we then went back to our room and just chatted, reminisced and laughed. It was amazing.

Then I woke at 3am with cramps and I was back to full flow 😔 plus huge clots! Really not fun. So I decided I couldn't face the day out we had planned, so instead we went to Westfield and watched a movie. My family and friends were so understanding, which helped as I was feeling really bad at letting them down, after they had come so far to celebrate with me.

Now sat with my feet up, feeling exhausted and a bit emotional, but good emotion. I feel very loved and very special 😊 not something I have felt for a long time.

Now I just need for this period to stop....surely eventually it has to stop?! Anyone know how long the first period lasted, for the ladies on face book? Would like to hear that I am nearing the end of this!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Jane I hope your daughter didn't spend too much and that you bought yourself something to. Although if you are anything like me, I prefer buying for others! 😉

Lots of Love to you all.

Sal xx
Tracy1967

Hope you have a lovely birthday weekend Sal XXX
Nanny_Sal

Willow1

That sounds all very difficult for you Sam and my heart goes out to you. Having to deal with all these arrangements must be triggering all sorts of emotions for you and thinking about the past and what was and what might have been is hard. Take care of yourself and I will be thinking of you. Jx
alabamasam

Hi, yes i'm ok, everything is pretty much sorted apart from his funeral. It is so hard to know what to do as dad had no money, he owed money out all over the place. I have had a bill from the residential place he lived in and that is almost £1000. We are not legally bound to pay this or really do anything with his flat. The manager expected us to clear out all the furniture, rip up the flooring as it was quite damaged and then clean it but again, we are not legally bound to. We decided as a gesture of goodwill that we would clear out the furniture. That cost me £140.00 and i'm not just going to post back the keys and call alarm with a note explaining that there is no estate. As far as a funeral goes dad had no friends left alive, it would just be me, mum, my brother, Gaz & jamie so it is looking like we will just be doing a simplicity funeral which is where they just deal with everything, there is no service, just a private cremation and they send me the ashes. Its not ideal, i feel sad but as he had no money it is down to me to pay and a funeral would be £3000, this is about £750.00. I juts feel very very sad as when we were little we had abig house, i had a horse, everything was wonderful but he lost it all. He didn't even have any possessions.
Sal, i'm glad you are feeling better, lets just hope this is the end of this awful few days for you and you can enjoy your weekend xxxxx
Willow1

Glad things are calming down Sal. Sounds like you will be very busy tonight so have fun!

Sam, hope you are ok, have been thinking of you.

No plans for the weekend except youngest has requested shopping on Saturday so the bank of mummy needs to be on standby!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Jx
Nanny_Sal

Whispers in case Mother Nature is listening.......things have slowed down a bit!! Now got bad cramps, but that I can cope with! Fingers firmly crossed that things continue to get better.

My mum, sisters and a couple of friends arrive tonight 😃 really looking forward to seeing them all. But I suppose I should do a days work first! So I will leave you all too it.

Anyone else got any nice plans for the weekend?

Sam been thinking about you, hope you are doing okay xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks for the support. I need it. It's just another thing to affect my confidence. Today I did the school run and by the time I reached the first school, I knew I was going to struggle to make it to the next school and home without leaking 😒 by the time I got back to the house I had to change underwear and jeans, due to leakage! Luckily jeans hide leaks well. But all I could think was how the hell am I going to enjoy going out at the weekend, if all I am thinking is do I need to check for leaks!!

The Tena Lady definitely absorb more, so I am hoping I will have a better night tonight. Last night I was up cleaning myself up approximately every two hours! BCN did mention that there is a drug you can take that might help, but I can't help thinking that my body needs to get rid of this, and trying to stop it might cause more problems long term! So think I will hold off from taking drugs for the moment.

I was meant to be having an interview tomorrow, but I have cancelled it. Now I am thinking if this is a good time to be job hunting?! Just as I think I have reached a point where I feel I am ready to move forward, something else is thrown at me! It's just so frustrating.

Sorry to be moaning again, I am trying to look for positives. But struggling right now. Although I am not going to let this ruin my weekend. Mother Nature can just F OFF! I am going to enjoy my weekend, even if it involves a few extra visits to the loo!

Thanks for listening ladies, it helps to know that someone cares and more importantly understands. Xxxxx
Tracy1967

Oh Sal sorry it's so heavy, it must be seriously impacting you. Natures so bloody cruel sometimes, us ladies definitely get a raw deal XXX I hope it lghtens / ends soon XXX
Willow1

Oh Sal that sounds grim. I really hope it stops very soon as its horrible having that to contend with - mine were so heavy a few years ago that I used to worry about leaving the house so I know what you are saying about the crime scene!
Love to all. Jx
Nanny_Sal

Might be normal but it's not fun.....my bathroom looked like a crime scene this morning! Hope it stops soon, it's really getting me down. Xx
Tracy1967

Hope the Tena Lady are doing the trick Sal now you're officially over the hill like the rest of us oldies 😜 sounds like you made the most of your day, Bet the cake was lovely. What do you have planned for the weekend? I know the ultrasound is a pain (another hospital appt) but least they're airing on the side of caution as you're taking tamoxifen. I think if it was me I'd want the ultrasound as my mind has a tendency to run wild.

A few ladies on the facebook group have had their periods start again and mentioned that they were heavy so it sounds pretty normal. Hope mine don't start again!

Hope you're all have a good day
Love to you all
Tracy XXX
Nanny_Sal

Just spoke with BCN Proff thinks it's just my periods coming back, after a years break. But wants to arrange an ultrasound just to check all is okay! Lucky me!! When will all this end 😔
Nanny_Sal

Well ladies it's official I AM OLD! As you know I turned 40 yesterday, and already I have had to go and buy some Tena Lady!!!! How embarrassing is that!!

Before you all worry it's not for bladder control THINGS HAVEN'T GOT THAT BAD! YET!!

I appear to be having the years worth of periods that I missed, in one go! Seriously not good! Just hoping and praying the Tena lady will do a good job, so I can hopefully still enjoy the wknd that we have planned.

Oh and Jane in case you have been wondering all night, there was a cake in the White box!!!! Hope you didn't lose sleep over what it might of been 😃

Sam I hope all the sorting and planning is going as well as it can. Look after yourself, and allow yourself time to grieve, when you are ready xxx

Tara I hope you are having a fantastic time.

Lots of love to everyone xxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

That would be a serious fire risk 🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒 and I would know as we lit 65 candles for my dad's birthday. It took a team of lighters, and have to say by the time he blew them out some of the candles were VERY short 😜 cake was very waxy!!!!!!
Willow1

I wonder what is in the white box!? Can't think haha! Glad you are enjoying your day, and I really hope you have a fab weekend too. I wonder if you will have 40 candles to blow out at some point!! Jxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies and thanks for the cards! I felt very special 😃

Just had a call from one of the children I used to look after 😃 bless her she always remembers my birthday. She's now at St Andrews Uni studying History. Her little brother is now at Eton, boarding!! And my sweet little Minnnie, (as I call her) is doing her mock exams!! Now I really feel old. Seems like only yesterday I was crawling round the floor with them, painting faces and changing nappies 😃 where did that time go!

Only 2 more hours before I collect the munchkins! Then I will be spoilt with hugs and kisses. Plus a surprise which is in the fridge in a white box......hmmm I wonder what that might be! 😉

As birthdays go, it's been quiet. But I suppose after the last 18months I should be grateful that I made it to my 40th and that hopefully I will see a lot more birthdays. Sadly that isn't the case for everyone. So even though I am feeling rough, I WILL enjoy my day and the weekend. Because even though it doesn't always feel like it, I know that I have a lot to be thankful for.

Lots of love and hugs to you all.

Sal xxxxxx 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
Tracy1967

Happy Brithday Sal, Hope you enjoy your day 🍷🍻🎊🎉🎈💝🎂
alabamasam

Happy Birthday Sal, hope you have a fab day, life begins today my lovely xxxxxx 🎂🎁🎉🎂🎁🎉🎂🎁🎉
Willow1

Sal, I agree with Sam, that's a reasonable approach.
Sam, hope you are coping with everything and I have been thinking about you. Xx
alabamasam

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me 😄 xxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Well I too would of been more than happy to never have a period again.....especially as this one has come back with a vengeance 😞

I thought I should just mention it too my BCN, her response was. It can be normal for periods to return, especially as I am 'young' yes I'm young!! BUT she thinks I should go in and see the oncologist because he might want to scan me just to check things out! I replied I'm TRYING to get on with my life without extra hospital visits, especially when I go and they do 'nothing'! So could she chat with the Doc first and if he really thinks I need checking out, then I will go in....but if he thinks we can wait and see, until I see him/his minion in March, then I am happy to do that.

I didn't want it to sound like I don't care, but at the same time I know I would end up going, wait for hours and then be told we'll keep an eye and see how things go!

Does that sound reasonable? Or should I just of agreed to the appointment? I just can't face anymore appointments right now. I'm trying to get on with life, but it seems to be 2 steps forward and 5back at the moment.

Thanks for listening ladies xxxx
Tracy1967

That will definitely be impacting the way you feel Sal. I had my last period in Feb 2014 after FEC2 and nothing since. Like Sam it suits me to never have one again, I'm 47 so babies are certainly not in my future plans XXX
alabamasam

urghh you don't need that ! I can't remember the last time i had one, i'm hoping i don't have any more. Sending hugs xxxx
Sam
alabamasam

Willow1

Oh gawd Sal, that's enough to make anyone grumpy! Xx
Nanny_Sal

Well think I got an early unwanted birthday present......my periods are back!! A whole year without them and they now come back 😞 of course it comes back with the cramps, just what I don't need!! So fed up!! Although maybe I can put my bad mood down to hormones 😢 or just to the fact I'm a miserable cow!! One or the other.
Tracy1967

Glad to hear you're OK Sam. I was very similar when I lost my mom, I kept myself so busy that it wasn't until after the funeral that I had time to reflect on what had happened. We all have our own ways of dealing with grief. I'm sure you have many friends to support you but remember we're all here for you should you need to talk XXX

Sal I'm sorry that the job fell through, it obviously wasn't the right one for you at this time. Somewhere out there is the right family waiting to employ you. I remember turning 40, wasn't pleasant, I had a major sulk. Inside I'm still in my 20's, it's a pity that my looks and body don't reflect this 😜

Jane I loved the Lego hair, made me smile 😀 hope it starts to tame down soon for you. The only thing which got the frizz out if my hair was mini GHD straighteners though I don't really need them now XXX

Love to you all
Tracy XXX
Willow1

Hi Sam, good to hear from you. It is a difficult time and doing the practical stuff is good if it helps you cope. I have been through a lot of bereavements over the years (both parents and both sisters) and I found that doing stuff and carrying on helped. That doesn't mean it won't hit you later but one step at a time.

Sal, "big birthdays" are difficult I think under the best of circumstances yet alone when you are feeling disoriented about life. I hated my 40th (my sister had just died) so I can understand your lack of enthusiasm but on the actual day some close friends and family came round and I did have a lovely (if not perfect) time. I do hope that you will be able get in the mood but I do know that it will take a lot of effort too so no beating yourself up about not feeling up to a celebration!

Hope everyone is ok

Jx

alabamasam

Hi ladies yes I'm ok. Sorry Sal to hear your news about this job but please dont let it get you down. There will be plenty more lovely kids to look after 😊 cleared out my dads flat today, not s pleasant job but has to be done. I'm being very practical which seems to be worrying Gaz but it's how I am, I just don't think it's hit me yet
Sam xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Jane, I knew it was too good too work out for me 😔 I shouldn't of got my hopes up!

As for birthday, I'm really not interested. The sooner it's over the better. It's just a reminder that I'm about to hit 40 and have nothing good going for me! Life's SH!T and just doesn't seem to be getting any better!!

Sorry for moaning again. Just been one of those days AGAIN 😔

Hope you are doing okay Sam. Jane thanks for listening xx
Willow1

Awwww, that's disappointing. Don't despair though as your ideal job is out there and you will get it, it's just that you might have to bide your time a little (frustrating I know). Don't lose heart or confidence. How are the plans for your birthday celebrations going? Will Bella be included? Big hugs. Jxxx
Nanny_Sal

The lady just text to say she had offered the job to someone else 😔
FJ

Morning Sam,

I can only echo what the others have said, so sorry for your loss and I hope the arrangements you have to make in the next few days go smoothly.  Love to you and your family. Jen xxx

Willow1

Hi Sam, I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. Although I suspect you were in your heart of hearts expecting it, nevertheless it is always a shock when it happens. Take care of yourself and lots of love. Jane xx
Tracy1967

Oh Sam I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in 2010 and understand how devastating this must be for you. Nothing prepares you for the grief even though you know it's coming. My thoughts are with you and your family XXX
alabamasam

Morning, my dad passed away last night. It was expected, he was very weak and for him this is the best thing but obviously we are so sad. He had got pneumonia and just couldn't fight it off. I'm ok, just sad xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all

Sam I hope you are doing okay. Been thinking about you lots xxx

I was feeling very upbeat for the last few days, but just had a call from lady I was going back to see for a second interview, she cancelled as something had come up! She did say we could rearrange for another day, so hopefully she hasn't gone off me 😳

So feeling a bit fed up now. I know I am probably totally overreacting but I was so geared up to go and see them today. On a plus it delays things for a bit and I can fit a few more interviews in! But a bit worried that I'm going to miss out on this job 😔 I know what will be will be, but I just want something positive to happen for once! Is that too much to ask?

Anyway hope you are all having a good weekend. Xxxx
Tracy1967

So sorry that your dad's in hospital again Sam, its never easy when it's members of our family XXX
Willow1

So sorry to hear this Sam, sending you a big hug and thinking of you. Xx
Nanny_Sal

Oh Sam sorry to hear that. Sending you a (((((((((BIG HUG))))))))) not easy even if you are expecting the worse xxxxxxx
alabamasam

No plans at all for me. I'm currently at the hospital with my dad as they think he won't get thru the night. He has been in here three times this week but deteriorated a lot today. I'm fine about this as it has been expected but he is hanging on x
Nanny_Sal

Jane I laughed at your Lego comment then looked in the mirror and thought your example was spot on 😒 I wish my hair would start looking 'normal' again. I should go and have mine neatened up, but I'm trying to drag it out for a few more weeks in the hope I might get it to a slightly nicer length!!

Anyway on a more positive note, I have been invited back for a second interview 😃 and also been contacted by another mum in Clapham whose looking for a nanny to start at the end of March! So hopefully finding a new job might not be as hard as I thought! HOPEFULLY!

Not so positive I was wearing my Lymphoedema sleeve today and my fingers swelled up and wouldn't go down even when I rested it 😔 when I took my sleeve off, my hand and wrist ballooned 😔 hoping this was just a one off, but it's a bit depressing!

So I hope you lovely ladies have a great weekend. Anyone got anything nice planned? Xxxxxxx
Willow1

The hair oh the hair! Where do I begin?!! It's a cross between mad and the hair you get on Lego models! It's not a flattering look at all. Hey ho! Sorry you are bored at work Tracy - I used to fall asleep at my desk sometimes! Love to all. Xx
Tracy1967

Where's the hail come from Sam, we have horrible drizzly rain here ️ Wish I was people watching, bored sick at work at the moment. Glad Gaz is still breathing, he's very lucky to have you. Hope you've been eyeing up those Labradors, excellent company for when Gaz is training 😍

Sal that's great news re interview, stay positive and confident 😉

Hope you're keeping OK Jane, how's the hair doing now?

Best get back to work......
Love to you all