Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

Willow1

Re: November Newbies 2013

Good luck today Sal, will be thinking of you. Xx
Tazzles

Back to work today and feeling a bit glum. Not sure how much of the stupid beuracracy and inefficient management I can take. I'm on the verge of just handing in my notice. I just wish there was something else I could think of that I could do to earn a crust. 

Have a good day everyone xx

Nanny_Sal

Back to work for me 😛 Looking forward to seeing the children, but already looking forward to having a weekend in bed!!! 😉 Have appointment with Gynae to get through first! I'm almost certain all will be fine, although am slightly concerned that he's going to say that the Tamoxifen caused the polyps and thickening, so they'll need to keep an eye!! Not sure I want to go through this again!

Hope the gardening went well Tara, and you enjoyed sitting in the garden Jane. Must say it's nice to get a bit of sun!

Hope everyone has a great day xxxxxxx
Willow1

Glad you had a lovely time with your family Sal, sounds idylic. Tara, glad you enjoyed your time with your brother. You have just made me smile about the gardening excuse. Enjoy the weeding etc. I have just had all 4 tyres on my car replaced and the bill brought tears to my eyes I can tell you. So, I will be going into the garden this afternoon to try and forget about it. Love to all xx
Tazzles

I'm glad you had a nice break, Sal, and hope everyone else did too. I am off work today and about to go into the garden to see if I can tidy it up a bit. I can't really use cancer as an excuse for it being a jungle this year!

Love to everyone xx

Nanny_Sal

Morning all. Hope you are all well, and really enjoyed your bank holiday weekend. Weather in Devon was beautiful, I even managed to get a little bit burnt......whoops! We spent a lovely few hours on the beach with Bella, my sister, bro in law, 2 nieces and their 2 dogs 😃 it was lovely!

I have today off, but travelling back to London tonight 😞 although can't really complain. Have just a 3 day week, this week and next 😉
Nanny_Sal

Hope you enjoyed the Minstrels egg Tara 😉 I think I can safely say I have had my chocolate fix for the day.....possibly for the week 😃 oh how good it was!

Hope everyone had a great day xxxx
Tazzles

Happy Easter everyone! I've just got back from my mum's. My brother left this morning to fly back to the U.S. Feeling a bit sad as I'm missing him already! Just eaten a Malteser Easter bunny (I did have a salad for lunch to make up for it). I'll be cracking open my Minstrels egg this evening.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Lots of love xxx

Willow1

Happy Easter everyone. Have a great chocy day! Xx
Tracy1967

Happy Easter all, enjoy your yummy chocolates XXXX
Nanny_Sal

Bella LOVED her first Easter Egg!! But the box apparantly was just as tasty! 😜 I've added a couple of pics on my profile 😉
alabamasam

Happy Easter my lovelies & Sal enjoy your M&Ms you totally deserve them !!!! 🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫
Nanny_Sal

🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫HAPPY EASTER🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫🐣🍫

Hope you all have a lovely Choclatey day 😘😘😘😘😘😘
Nanny_Sal

Glad your both doing okay.

Jane hope you enjoy yourself! Remember you're only as old as you feel......which sadly is about 90 for me most days 😉

Sam don't relish the whether to go back to work or not, decision! Good luck with that one xx

Just bought myself the most indulgent chocolate dessert for tomorrow 😃 I will happily join you ladies for dieting support and help after I've had my chocolate fix 😃
Willow1

Don't envy you that decision Sam. Part of me is so glad I am not working with all the accompanying stress involved and another part is a bit torn as I do get a little bit bored and I worry my mind is not being stretched (only so much daytime tv I can cope with etc). Overall though I have no inclination to apply for new jobs so I guess my heart is telling me not to bother. I am aware that I am very lucky to have a choice at the moment so I am making the most of my freedom. You are on for the 23rd! Xx
alabamasam

Definitely Jane, i have to confess that I am going back to Lighter Life. I lost 4 stone on this diet before my wedding almost 4 years ago and i did manage to keep my weight off and steady until i was diagnosed. I can't really go to the gym while the kids are off either as i don't want to leave Alex on his own with Jamie as Jamie is glued to his computer. Once Easter hols are over i can concentrate on me. I've also had a couple of phone calls from work as there is a new HR manager so it is looking like i need to make the decision whether i go back to work. April 23rd is diet start day so we can definitely encourage each other xxxx
Willow1

Good grief Sam, sounds a bit manic in your household. Awwwww, lambs, just love them. I am determined to cut down on chocolate etc after Easter as I have been indulging too much - we should encourage each other Sam! Xx
Willow1

Poor Bella! Dogs seem to have a high pain threshold and just pick themselves up. Mine certainly do, but I always think they look slightly embarrassed.
Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter weekend, pity the weather isn't better but hey, can't have everything. Meeting friends for lunch and then invited to our friends sons 21st tonight - will feel like an old crinkly!!!! Xx
alabamasam

Morning Sal, you are correct, i have just been super busy with the family. We have the girls here as you know and Gaz is off work until Monday. My kids only broke up on Thursday so gaz has had his girls to himself. He has been to alton Towers with them and we have been out walking and today hopefully weather permitting we will go up to a local farm and see their lambs. Hopefully we can see some being born if we are lucky. I'm impressed that you haven't had any chocolate, super willpower ! I'm afraid that we ended up at the Lowry Shopping outlet yesterday as they had a Duck Race on and Gaz's restaurant had paid £250 for a corporate duck. After the race i found myself in the Cadbury's shop ha ha oops. I am waiting till Easter hols are over then my diet starts. I have an onc apt on April 21st on the Tuesday then on the Wednesday the big diet starts. 3 stone to lose !!!!
Anyway, hope everyone is ok, i'm going to get one more coffee then get showered and dressed to start Saturday 🙂
Lots of love everyone
Sam xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi All, hope that the quietness on here is because you are all busy having fun family time! We took Bella to the Beach yesterday, she had an amazing time. Although she did have a dramatic fall, when playing with another dog. She decided to leap (she thinks she can fly) over a big rock, not realising there was a slippery rock on the other side. She landed and her legs slid to the side under her! Dopey dog!! But she was fine, although a little more cautious after that 🐶

We then sat and had some lunch by the beach, just watching the world go by. It was lovely.

One more day before the chocolate returns 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫 YUMMY! I have to say, I am quite proud of myself for lasting the whole time. No crisps or Chocolate for over 40days 😳😳😳😳

Sending lots of Love to all xxxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi Tara, sending you a ((((((((BIG HUG))))))) think all we can do is take one day at a time, hope and pray things settle down. If all else fails we make an informed decision about whether or not to continue! Hope you have a lovely time with your brother. Xx
Tazzles

I actually said the same thing myself the other day, ie thinking about stopping the tamoxifen. I am meeting my surgeon in a couple of weeks (I've been signed off by oncology people) and am going to ask what the risks are of recurrence with or without it. I heard somewhere that more than 50 % of people do come off it before they are scheduled to. 

Anyway I think it is going to rain and my washing is on the line. Its still incredibly blustery so hopefully none of my 'smalls' have blown out of the garden onto an unsuspecting passer by!

Take care and another big hug xx

Nanny_Sal

The M&M's are the only thing keeping me going this week Tara. Feeling rough and just as I think it's improving something else starts 😔 spoke to BCN about stopping Tamoxifen. She suggested talking to Oncologist! Ummmmm think I tried that, shame he wasn't so good at listening 😢 I can't carry on like this! I'm done! I've had enough!! This isn't how I want to be for the next 4 years!

Hope you all have a lovely Easter xxxxxx
Tazzles

I'm still feeling really rough too. I don't usually get colds and if I do they certainly don't last as long as this so I'm thinking that maybe my immune system is still a bit under the weather. I've just been for a lovely walk in the woods with the dogs. The sun is shining but its still a bit blowy.

I'm off work now until next Wenesday which is nice. My brother is over from the U.S so I'm trying to spend as much time with him as possible but just not feeling up to doing much. 

Hugs to everyone and especially to you Sal, remember in a couple of days you can start munching on those M and M's!

xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all,

Hope everyone has survived the rather WINDY weather! The children I look after thought it was hilarious, especially when it was blowing them along on their scooters!

I'm still feeling a bit rough! My iron levels are back to 'normal' or with in normal range. So it's starting to look like, it might be the Tamoxifen that's making me VERY tired, and achy 😔 I'm very close to giving up on the Tamoxifen, obviously I would discuss with the BCN/Oncologist first. But quite frankly I'm so unhappy, tired and in pain. That I really don't see myself coping for another 4+ years. Especially if it's also going to cause Gynae issues! Wouldn't really want to have to go through these investigations again! 😞

Hope everyone else is fairing a bit better. Love to you all xxxxx
Bean14

Nanny_Sal

Morning all,

Tara hope you start to feel better soon. Sam hope you have some fun with the kids today.

I have one off school and one still at school!! Just to make life more complicated. I'm still not feeling right!! Hoping that working will just take my mind off things. But all I really want to do is go back to bed!

Anyway onwards and upwards. At least it's just a short week 😃

Lots of Love to you all xxxxxx
Tazzles

Sounds like a fab idea Sam! xx

alabamasam

Sorry you two are feeling meah 😰 I'm still in bed, we were going to get up to go to a car boot but the weather is awful & the kids all slept in. I have been downstairs to get coffee & now back in bed watching TV as the lounge tv has been hijacked for the wii !!! LOVE EASTER HOLS. Ha ha. So not sure what to do today as its raining a lot so if we were to go bowling it'll be packed so that will be awful, what to do ???? I may go out to tesco & get stuff for a Sunday roast and make today a movie day.
Love Sam xxxx
Tazzles

Hi Sal. I'm feeling really rotten and very sorry for myself. Coughing all night, itchy in my ear tubes, sore throat and aching all over. Going to just vedge out today. Its a stinker of a day anyway. 

I hope you've had a nice weekend away and hope all those nasty side effects go away very soon and you can get back to 'normal'. I wonder what normal is for any of us now though?

Only a week to go until those M & M's!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. 

xxx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tracy 😘

How you feeling today Tara? Hope you are on the mend.

I'm feeling rough 😔 the thought of travelling back to London tonight, isn't really helping! Starting to think I must be a real wuss! Although I have stopped taking the pain killers, as I'm not really in pain. I just feel odd! Bloated, uncomfortable, and have a headache that's making me feel a bit light headed 😞 So fed up!

Anyway, I hope you are all having a good weekend xx
Tracy1967

Tara and Sal, sorry you're both feeling rough, sending gentle hugs your way. Have a restful weekend and be kind to yourselves XXX
Nanny_Sal

Hope you have fun with the girls Sam! Enjoy the school hols! 😃 I usually love the school hols. BUT with the slowest painter on earth painting the living/play room at the moment. Holidays are going to be LONG and tough!!

But looking forward to Easter Sunday.......I can eat my peanut butter M&M's! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 xx
alabamasam

Sorry to hear you feel rough Tara & Sal I'm hoping a relaxing weekend of puppy love & cuddles will be just what you need. Gaz's girls are coming tomorrow for 2 weeks so I've been shopping today & stocked up with coke & choc biscuits as they aren't allowed those at home !!!! Urghh 3 weeks of school holidays begins in 5 mins !!!!!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend xxxxx
Love Sam 😄💗
Nanny_Sal

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough Tara. Me too!! I am soooooooo sore! Goodness knows what they did while I was under a GA, but I'm feeling it now! Think it'll be a nice quiet weekend for me!

Hope you have a nice one Jane, and everyone else. Love to you all xxxxxx
Willow1

That's rubbish Tara. Hope you feel much better soon and manage to have a good weekend. Xx
Tazzles

Re: So glad you are a bit more relaxed today and yesterday is...

So glad that's all over, Sal. I hope you have a lovely weekend. You deserve it!

I'm feeling pretty rubbish - cold and sore throat but can't complain as its the first cold I've had in 5 years. 

Love to all and have a good weekend xxx

Willow1

So glad you are a bit more relaxed today and yesterday is...

So glad you are a bit more relaxed today and yesterday is over!.  I hope you have a lovely weekend and get lots of cuddles from Bella, you deserve lots of treats too! Hope everyone has a good weekend too. xx 

Nanny_Sal

Hi

So much for a good nights sleep. Feeling very yucky and sore! But a lot more relaxed than yesterday. Just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you. For helping me get through this week. I hate the way anxiety levels are so high these days. But I know that however I feel you will all understand and for that I am truely grateful. 💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐 xxxxxxx
Tracy1967

Thanks for the update Sam, thinking of you Sal XXX
Willow1

Thank you for the update Sam. Glad to hear it went ok. Xx
alabamasam

Hi ladies, just heard from Sal and she has asked me to update you on her appointment. This is what she txt me x
Had to wait to c surgeon! They found two polyps which he removed, thickened areas which they removed. He thinks things looked ok 😄 but biopsy results in a few weeks!
More waiting for her but she is ok, just a little sore xxxxx
Sam 💗
Tazzles

Sending positive vibes and lots of love, Sal xx

Tracy1967

Another virtual hug winging your way Sal 💗💗💗
Willow1

Will be thinking of you today Sal.  A big virtual hug winging its way to you! Love J xx

alabamasam

Not Heron ?? Should be get on, what an odd spell check 😄😄😄
alabamasam

Not really Sal, my friend was up too so I chatted to her on Facebook for about an hour ! Gaz came upstairs to bed & carried on snoring but how come when I have to get up he is quiet ???
Anyway, let's hope tonight you do get some dleep once today is over. Good luck and let us know how you heron, lots of love, hugs & hand holding for today xxxxx 💗💗💗
Nanny_Sal

Good to see I started a trend! Hope you managed to get back to sleep! Xx
alabamasam

Me too !!! Good morning xxxxx 😴😴😴😴
Nanny_Sal

Well that's me wide awake 😔 probably a good thing I'm having a GA, think I could do with the sleep!

Hope you all have a good day.

Lots of Love xxxxxx