1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

alabamasam

Re: November Newbies 2013

Sal does this Warmer weather affect u ? I find I swell up on hot days ? I am today ? Xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies. 😃

Today hasn't been such a good day. I'm starting to think I should just avoid going to the hospital, as I nearly always come out more stressed. Than when I went in.

I had appointment with the Lymphoedema nurse. She has taped my breast and collarbone area, I look 'interesting'. Any way that part was okay. But I explained how the area above my collarbone just doesn't seem to go down anymore, it's constantly swollen. I was expecting her to say that Lymphoedema can be like that....but no! She said that's very odd and doesn't really sound like it's down to the Lymphoedema. So what is it down too??? She has taped it and said to mention it to the Oncologist when I see him, if the taping doesn't help 😒

Starting to feel that my body has just given up, and it's going to be like this constantly 😔

Anyway hope everyone is doing okay xx
Tracy1967

Brilliant news, well done Sal XXX
Willow1

That's great news Sal. This will be a great opportunity for you I'm sure!

Jxxx

alabamasam

Fabulous Sal, well done xxxxx I'm so pleased for you xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all, well I did it. I chatted through the contract and although I haven't signed it as she needed time to type and print off the changes, I will be starting my new job in Sept. The more I spoke with her the more I realised that I miss working with little ones. My current two are lovely, but they are independent and so my job here is done 😢 But I know I have given them the best start in life that I could. Providing them with love and support, while their parents were at work. Now I can enjoy the summer holidays with them, before starting on a new journey with an adorable little baby 😃

Now just to hand my notice in. I have already mentioned that I had been offered a job and I was just deciding what to do. So it won't be a complete shock to them.

Tomorrow I finally have appointment with the Lymphoedema nurse, just hoping she can sort things out a bit. Because I am fed up with feeling like this.

Hope everyone has a good week xxxx
Tracy1967

Sal its normal to feel angry and frustrated, I'm one of the lucky ones along with Tara, Sam and Jane who doesn't have lymphodiema but I know if I did it would drive me crazy. I hate the fact that I'm reliant on tablets never mind anything else. I think if it wasn't for the lymphodiema you'd be coping differently but the sleeve and swelling must be a constant reminder. Try and get a good nights sleep and go with your gut feeling tomorrow. xXX
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tracy I really appreciate that. I've been trying not to think about things all weekend. As I go from feeling excited to feeling I am doing the wrong thing. I think I will have to go along tomorrow, and see how I feel. I know deep down, that it's time to go and that this job is perfect. But I sort of feel fed up that I am having to find a job that will work around my hospital appointments! I kind of feel that I am letting the BC/Lymphoedema take over my life 😒 but in so many ways this is a great opportunity. So am I just being stupid thinking that......or is it okay to feel angry?!

Life was just so much less complicated before this 😢

Hope you had a great time away Tara, and that everyone else had a good weekend.

Will let you know tomorrow what happens!!! Xxxxx
Tracy1967

Good luck for Monday Sal, be thinking about you XXX

Tara, hope the chilled out Norfolk Broads has done you a world of good XXX

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend XXX
Nanny_Sal

Hope you have a fantastic time Tara 😃

I am meeting with my possibly new employer to sort contract on Monday....assuming I don't change my mind. Then I suppose I hand my notice in on Monday evening 😥 really not looking forward to that. But I think once I have done it, I will feel a bit more excited about the new job 😃 I hope xx
Tazzles

Any news about the job yet Sal? Have you given your notice? 

I'm just getting ready for our boat trip on the Norfolk Broads. We are off tomorrow for 3 days and I am so looking forward to doing absolutely nothing for the whole time! Hopefully the dogs won't jump in and need fishing out.

Love to all xxx

Nanny_Sal

Well done Sam, at least you are going in the right direction. Xx
alabamasam

I'm selling Jane, i have a ton of stuff to list on there so i'll get it ready onto Turbo Lister and then when I get a free listing weekend I'll upload it xxxx I could do a car boot but prefer to do it from the comfort of my own computer 🙂

Willow1

The evils of eBay eh? I have limited my time on there as I can spend days just looking at stuff. I like Achica to look at too. Xx
alabamasam

I'm the naughty one in the group, it's all about not eating and I always do plus this week I drank a bottle of wine 😄 life is for living xxxx raining here so eBay day today xxxx
Willow1

2lb is 2lb better than me! Well done for keeping going, you must have good will power! I have just scoffed a bar and a half of chocolate (why do they sell them at that size -it's very mean to those of us who just give in to temptation). Been in the garden pottering around and enjoying a bit of sunshine. Love to all. Jx
alabamasam

Just two pounds off this week but at least its off. Still got a stone to lose 😳 hope everyone is ok xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies,

No I haven't told my current bosses yet Sam, like I said I need to make sure all is in order before I do that. I'm hoping that she will reference check me today, and then hopefully we can sort contract before the end of the week (before I change my mind). Then I will talk to my current employers 😢 I'm really not looking forward to telling them or the children. But I know I've got to do it at some point 😔

Tara sounds like you have made a 'big' decision. Good for you! I think after all we've been through we need to put ourselves first, even if that involves entering the unknown. Which is scary, but also a little bit exciting 😘

Hope you both have a nice day xx
Tazzles

Hello everyone. I've been a bit reclusive this weekend. I just felt I needed to shut myself away and not communicate. Anyway I have decided I'm going to leave work. I am going to wait until it has settled a bit there so I don't leave my colleagues in the lurch but I can't take any more of the stress that is caused by inept management. I feel a huge sense of relief knowing I will be leaving although I am pretty terrified as I have no idea what the future holds for me!

Love to everyone xxx

alabamasam

Morning Sal & everyone, had a bit of a lazy boozy weekend. I tend to be busy in the week & not at the weekend. I went out to the pub with my friend Ali on Friday night & on Saturday night she came round & we watched Hannibal & drank wine. Yesterday I took Alex to a party & that was it, I did do 4 hours of ironing on Saturday 😱 today I'm off to see Ruth Johnson from the November Newbies Facebook group, she lives about an hour away & is fed up so I hope I can cheer her up.
Sal have you told your existing employers yet that you are leaving them ? That'll be tough but you are doing the right thing for you !!! Fresh start & a lovely baby girl to look after xxxxx
Hope everyone has a good day xxxxx
Sam 💗
Nanny_Sal

Morning all,

Hope everyone is doing okay, and had a nice weekend? Anybody do anything nice?

I'm still waiting to sort contract for new job, so part of me doesn't want to get my hopes up until it's all signed and sealed! Fed up of getting excited about things and then being disappointed.

Have appointment with Lymphoedema nurse on the 23rd! Really hoping she can help with the pain! I'm fed up of feeling constantly sore and achy!

Anyway I hope everyone has a good week.

Lots of Love to you all xxxxx
Tracy1967

Great news re mammogram Sal - onwards and upwards for you XXX
Nanny_Sal

Wow that sounds very exciting Tara and Sam! 😃 do you think I could hide in your suitcases?? 😜 xx
alabamasam

Oh Tara that is fab, I'm going over to Chicago in November & up to Green Bay for my friends 50th birthday. She has no idea I'm coming, her friends are meeting up with me first 😄😄😄
Tazzles

Well done Sam!

Endings are hard, Sal, but it all makes sense to go for the new job and I'm sure your current employers will be really understanding. 

I just booked a ticket to San Francisco for the end of November to visit my brothers! 

xxxx

Nanny_Sal

Well done Sam 😃

Tara hope you had a lovely time xx
alabamasam

Ooooooo sounds lovely Tara. We've just been to the pub for lunch but it was rubbish which is a shame as we didn't have time to go anywhere else coz Gaz has to go to work. Anyway, 4 lbs off this week ladies so I'm 1 lb away from 2 stone. Still just over a stone to lose 😄 xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies 😃😘

I am just looking through the hours I would be working. Some weeks will be extra long. BUT it's just one baby and some weeks I only work a couple of days. It's an 8week shift pattern, and with her time off being my time off I will gain 19extra days holiday over the year!! Which when you are a nanny is unheard of!

I think my head is definitely thinking this is the best move for me, now just to get my heart to feel the same way!

I HATE leaving jobs 😔 even though I know I will stay in touch, it's not quite the same! Xx
Tazzles

Excellent news, Sal. I agree with Sam, time to move forward. I'm sure you won't loose touch with the old family but you have to put your needs first. 

Right, off for a walk at Bodiam Castle with the dogs. xxxx

alabamasam

Sal, fantastic news !!!! Now take this new job and start living. It will be so hard to leave where you are but you need to think about you & put yourself first ! I'm so pleased for you, made my day !!! I'll let u know about my diet in a bit, I'm just waiting to get weighed xxxxx
Tweasel

Hi Nanny_Sal - I'm just popping in from the January 2015 thread to say I'm so pleased for you that your mammogram results were clear. That's great news xx

Willow1

Great news Sal. Now you can have a clear mind to consider all your options - exciting times ahead!

Tara, I can see what you are saying about the stress. I hope you have a good day in the sunshine and have a relaxing time.

Jx
Nanny_Sal

Hi, just to let you all know I just heard from BCN and mammogram was ALL CLEAR 😀
Nanny_Sal

Sounds like a great plan Tara, enjoy xx
Tazzles

I've also said lots of times I'd like to meet everyone.

I think the wardrobe clearing sounds a very positive move. I am coming close to handing my notice in at work but am scared that having nothing to go to will give me even more stress than doing my current job.

All my good intentions during my cancer treatment of managing my stress have gone right out of the window. 

I'm not working today and am going to go out and enjoy the sun.

Hugs to everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks for the offer Tracy but I think you're a bit too far away for me to come and help out 😛 So I'll have to find another way to fill my time. I'm hoping to get mammogram results SOON! Then I can make some decisions, without the extra stress!

I started clearing out my wardrobe yesterday, which I think shows that I am definitely thinking about taking the new job! Although felt very sad when my boss and the kids were talking about the rooms being decorated and which room I would be in 😢 It's going to be really tough to say goodbye! But I do think the time is probably right for me! I think???

Hope everyone is having a good week. How's the diet going Sam?

Sending ((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))) to all.

Is anyone else still interested in meeting up? I seem to be the only one who ever mentions it. I know life is very hectic for you all so totally understand if you don't have time! Xx
Tracy1967

Great news Sal re chest X-ray. If ever you're bored you can come and do some of my house work, it's seriously piling up 😍
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Ladies, it was nice to be able to share some good news for once.

I'm still trying to decide whether to take the job! Luckily the family are away at the moment so I still have time to think about it. My heads going round and round in circles. Life was so much less complicated before BC!!

Hope you are all doing well. Xx
Tazzles

That's excellent. Big hug xx

Willow1

Great news a Sal. Xx
alabamasam

Woo hoo !!!!! 💗💗💗
Nanny_Sal

Chest X-ray was all clear 😃 Now just to get the mammogram results! Xx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tara, my feelings exactly! 😃 actually feeling quite excited. Although also very sad that I will be leaving my current charges 😢

I was hoping to get Chest X-ray results this morning. But still know news 😬 I'm starting to think the hospitals are set up to cause as much stress as they can! Surely it doesn't take long to look at X-ray write a quick report, which is probably already set up on the computer for them...then send it to the doc concerned!! But clearly it doesn't work like that!

Glad you are enjoying the sun Tara, I HATE it. Bloody Lymphoedema is worse in the heat and the sleeve is soooooooooo hot. 😖

I'm bored!! Have no children until 4.10 today! Already finished all my jobs!!!!

Sending love to you all xxxxxx
Tazzles

Sorry to hear you've had a row with your mum, Sal. Hope you get it sorted quickly. Good news about the job. I think that once you get your clear mammogram etc results a new job could be just what you need to boost your confidence and get you motivated for life again!

I am loving the sunny weather. I got lots done in the garden yesterday but am really suffering today!

Lots of love to everyone xxx

alabamasam

We'll see what tomorrow brings 😄 a baby girl would be just lovely so let us know how you get on tomorrow then hopefully the next chapter of your life begins xxxxx 💗
Nanny_Sal

It's a baby girl who will be 6months at the start. Begins in Sept. It's a mixture of days and hours as mum is a doctor. But it will mean that I will have some weekdays off, which would help with any hospital appointments. So as things are now, it could work really well. But don 't feel I can accept until I know my X-ray and mammo are clear!! I hate thinking like this, but think I have too!
alabamasam

Sorry to hear about your row but how exciting about the job !!! Well done, what is it ? Obviously Nannying xxx 😄
Nanny_Sal

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoying the sun ☀️

Mines been a mixed one. Had a row with my mum and feeling totally pi$$ed off with my whole family. Then today went for an interview and was offered a job! Also waiting for the chest X-ray results!

So I think you can imagine how emotional I am feeling and confused 😔

Hoping that I might get results tomorrow and then hopefully things will all fall in to place! At least that's what I am hoping!

Sending Lots of Love to you all xxxxxxx😘😘😘😘😘
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Alice. I have been to maggies a few times. But I just find its a reminder of Cancer and what I want is to move on and start living again....yes I know I'm probably never going to get that. But I can try 😉 But at some point I might give it another try!

Hope you are doing okay xx
alice45

Sal, greetings from the Feb.14 group: I think you live in  West London? Have you thought of going to the Maggie's support centre, next to Charing Cross Hospital? I've heard they can be very helpful.

https://www.maggiescentres.org/our-centres/maggies-west-london/

When I was going through treatment I was also told about The Haven which has a centre in Fulham.

http://thehaven.org.uk/

I haven't used either, as things have (so far) been pretty straightforward for me, but have heard good things about both.

Good luck, anyway, hope things improve for you soon.

Alice