1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

Willow1

Re: November Newbies 2013

Hello everybody, what an absolute faff I have had trying to get onto the forum! Anyway after several tries I have managed to get in! Tara, I share your frustration which must have been made worse by your day at work. I hope you manage to have a better evening and get to relax a little. Sam, what a fantastic sum to raise! I hope you enjoy your break with Alex and get plenty of sunshine and good food. Sal, hope you are ok now and things are running a little more smoothly for you, and Tracy - Florida, lucky thing! My friend has had her chemo delayed for another week so she just wants to get on with it. Had appointment with surgeon last Saturday and all seems ok, have MRI and mammogram in November to look forward to. Love to all. Xx
Tazzles

I haven't been able to get into this forum for a while as for some reason it kept asking for my password and then said it was unrecognised. Anyway I've re-set it so hopefully it won't happen again but if it does you may not hear from me for a while as I don't have the energy to keep having to do this. Awful day at work today so feeling really p..d off. 

Well done, Sam, with the fundraising. 

Jane, how is your friend doing? Hopefully you are able to give her some words of wisdom and support. 

Sal, how was it being back at work today? Hope you are now feeling better after your ordeal. 

Love and hugs to everyone. 

xxx

Tracy1967

Wow £1040 is a brilliant amount to raise for charity Sam, well done to you and your family for reaching this total. How's everyone doing? Sal I hope the rash is now under control and you're doing OK. Jane I'm so sorry to read about your friend, thank goodness she'll have you to offer guidance.

I've not been on as much as I'd like, works been manic and dads been unwell so I've not had much free time. We're off to Florida on Saturday for 3 weeks, I'm soooooo looking forward to spending some quality time with my family and chilling out.

love to you all

Tracy XXX

alabamasam

Hi everyone, sorry not been on. My phone will not let me log into the forum at all. Sometimes it lets me read posts but i can't comment and this is the first time today that the computer is free as Gaz is at work. Well we are now one week on from my BBQ, it was really good regardless of the fact it poured down all day. End figure raised for Breast Cancer Care seems to be £1040.00. Just amazing and we are now already planning next years do. It'll be July 16th, a saturday this time. I had a couple of my November Newbies come along - Karen  and Sarah , I've met Sarah before but it was the first time i'd met Karen and it was lovely to see them both.I sold a lot of my flower pots and i have a load more orders so have been out and bought more and will be painting in a bit. I'm off to Fuerteventura next Friday for a week just with Alex as Jamie doesn't want to come and gaz is too busy at work.
Sal, i'm hoping you are now out of hospital, i'll txt you just in case and i hope everyone else is doing ok ?
Love to you all,
Sam xxxxx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies, rash now seems to be blistering 😔 so looks like I might need to go get checked out again! 😥 So fed up! Surely my bad luck has to stop eventually!!

Sorry to hear about your friend Jane. I'm sure she will have lots of questions for you! Think the most positive thing you can do for her is to listen to her, we all know first hand how isolating BC can be 😘 xx
Willow1

Oh Sal I'm really sorry to hear that, you have had such a rough time of it.  I really do hope that the antibiotics kick in asap and you feel much better soon.  It's pouring with rain here too but that's fine as I think we probably need the rain (or at least the garden does). Sam, I hope the rain stays away for you and you have a fun time on Sunday and raise lots of money.  

Just found out that a friend of mine has been diagnosed, she starts chemo next week. I feel sad as I know what a horrible slog it all is and how her life will be changed but I am trying my best to put on as much of a positive spin on things as I can as otherwise its all too daunting, especially when you have first been diagnosed.  

Hope everyone is ok.. Love Jx

Tazzles

Oh Sal, that sounds pretty scarey. I hope you make a quick recovery on the antibiotics. Sending you lots of love and gentle hugs.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. 

xxxxxx

Nanny_Sal

Morning all. How's everyone doing?

I've not had the best week at home. Ended up in A&E yesterday, after passing out in the Doctors surgery! I had just been in to see the GP for a 2nd time, to be told I had a cold and a Lymphoedema flare up?! He basically didn't listen to a thing I said. I couldn't move my arm without excruciating pain, had a weird rash on arm, which had moved to also cover breast! But he wasn't concerned! Hospital immediately diagnosed Cellulitus and put me straight onto antibiotics!

Still feeling like Cr@p but hopefully things will improve today, if they get any worse I have to go back to hospital for IV antibiotics 😔 definitely not what I had planned for my week off!

Sam I hope the weather improves for you! As I said I would be happy to keep the rain in Devon for you, and currently it's peeing down here!

Sending love to all. Xxxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

I will happily take the rain to Devon with me, and leave you the ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️ I prefer the cooler weather. Lymphoedema and heat really don't mix 😠
alabamasam

ha ha there isn't enough room now but we will squeeze in, just hope it doesn't rain !!!!!
Nanny_Sal

Sounds like you have a fun week planned for next week Sam! I hope you enjoy the flower show....hope you find lots of lovely plants, but remember to leave enough room in your garden for your guests 😉 xx
alabamasam

Hi, argghh i still can't use my phone to comment 😞 Just been to a kids party with alex - glad to be out of there. No plans now really which is great. Busy week coming up preparing for the BBQ which is a week tomorrow. I have loads of painting to do so that is what i'm about to do. Lots of pots to finish and varnish. I've got a big list of jobs for next week plus 2 days out at RHS Tatton Flower show which will be lovely, i'm sure i'll buy lots of plants 🙂
Nanny_Sal

Hi all, how's everyone doing? Any nice plans for the weekend?

I am at my parents having lots of Bella hugs 😃 I have next week off so will be staying here for the week.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Sending you all lots of love xxxxx
Claudie

There is currently a study investigation how women with breast cancer view tamoxifen. Ideally, they would like people who are just about to start the survey as they would like to monitor if their answers will change over time. But they are also interested by your views after taking tamoxifen for a few years. If you are interested, here is the link

https://kings.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/tamoxifen

And if you know anybody who might be interested, please send them the link!
alabamasam

Yes Sal, totally get you with all of this. Interesting that the first two years are the most important. I think we can all manage that.
Tara, do your work know you are going to leave ? I have been contacted by a company called Working towards Welbeing who offer counseling and an introduction back to work but the reason i'm not back at work is coz i don't want to be not coz i don't feel stable enough. I'll call her back tomorrow - i don't have to take them up on it but i feel that after nearly 2 years off work i maybe should show willing ?
Nanny_Sal

Hi Sam, good to see you made it on! Sam I don't even want to try the injections! I don't want to have a monthly reminder of all this, plus that WILL shut down my ovaries and cause menopausal symptoms! I think I have coped as well as I can with all that has been thrown at me! My oncologist has said that the first 2 years on Tamoxifen are the most important, so I think IF I can 'cope' till then, then I will of given myself a good chance! I was looking at all the data, for me! And when I take into account the increased risk of DVT, stroke and Endometrial Cancer, plus all the side effects. I have to question if that VERY small percent of difference that the Tamoxifen is making, can be worth all this?! I think the answer for me is no!

Obviously things may Improve over the next few months, in which case I would continue longer! But as it stands right now, I've had enough and look forward to hopefully reaching may 2016, and then stopping! I want some sort of life back, because in all honesty the thought of this for the next 9 years.........I don't think my body or mind can take it!

Tara hope you get to hand your notice in soon. Xx
alabamasam

Sorted it Sal but i'm now on main computer and not my phone....Sorry ladies, my phone hasn't been letting me comment, i can read posts but when i try to reply it asks for my password then doesn't like it ?
Sal, can you try Zoladex like Claudie suggested ? It would great to find an alternative. i know from the facebook groups that some ladies have taken tamoxifen breaks and felt better after a couple of weeks. It doesn't cause me too many issues. I do ache quite a lot but i take painkillers and hot flushes Tara aren't too bad but i do get very hot at night. If i get one then it tends to be a big one. I'm not sleeping too well at the moment. I'm struggling with pain in my thigh and forearms too but this can be sorted with painkillers. Odd that it is happening though.
I've not been up to much, just painting these pots still and getting stuff ready for the bbq, less than a couple of weeks away now. You are all invited by the way, i sent out the invites on facebook but of course you aren't all on there - its sunday July 26th, if anyone wants to come you are more than welcome 🙂 Just hope the rain stays away or Ive had it for space. I got a load of drinks from Costco today. I'm doing the BBQ for Breast Cancer Care and got a Charity number from them, just figured we have had so much support from them i want to give a bit back. Costco gace me to cases of water, a case of orange juice, 24 juice cartons, 48 fruit shoots so that is kids drinks covered. So good of them, they were so lovely. Hoping to hear back from Asda, Sainsburys and Tesco too.
Claudie, thanks for coming onto us, hopefully Sal can get some advice from your experiences xxxxx
Anyway, i'm burning a lasagne so must go.
Love to you all.
Sam xxxxxxx

Tazzles

I was wondering how everyone was getting on with their hot flushes. As nobody has mentioned them for a while I thought it was just me getting them. Some days worse than others. Such a blinking nuisance. Sorry to hear they are still interrupting your sleep, Sal. I wake up a few times in the night either boiling hot or freezing cold but luckily still manage to get some sleep. 

In-law's coming later in the week so trying to get some cleaning done. Still haven't given my notice in at work as partner's back is still bad and we are trying to be sensible and wait until that is sorted. Not sure I can hold on much longer though. 

Lots of love to you all xxx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Claudie, my GP surgery would never be that capable!! They struggle to take blood!

Hi all, very quiet on here again, so I will continue moaning 😉 I was awake every 90mins last night sweating buckets 😒 I was hoping the hot flushes were down to the hot weather, but it looks like it's not! They are just BACK 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

I'm so fed up! Spoke to BCN this morning and told her what Gynaecologist had said, and she said that Tamoxifen doesn't shut down the ovaries and put you in to menopause?? So seriously don't have a clue what's happening with my body, and it appears they don't know either!

Hope everyone is doing okay. Sending lots of love to you all. Xxxxxx 😘
Claudie

Re-injection, I don't need to go to hospital for it as it does not have to be done by an oncology nurse (the nurse just has to have been trained to inject Zoladex as it should be done at a specific angle). I just go to my local GP surgery and it takes 15 minutes maximum. And as it is local, they are usually on time.

Anyway, good luck with your choices! x
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Claudie, sounds like you have had a rough journey with the hormone treatments. Glad you have found one that suits you 😀

I have no intention of going down the ovary removal route, it's way too drastic and isn't going to solve the problems! I'm going to just try and get on with life for the next 6 months and hope that things settle down again. If not I will talk to Oncologist about stopping hormone treatment. Which I know to some will sound stupid and ridiculous, but after seeing my pathology results being put into the online recurrance predict thing I can see that the hormone therapy is only giving me an extra 3%. I'm not sure dealing with all the side effects is worth it for that small percent.

Of course I know IF I stop I will have to live with my decision, but there are no guarantees in this life, but I would like to enjoy life again. At the moment I am existing not 'living'. I like you are at the younger end of the scale, and feeling like I am 90 when I am in fact 40 just isn't how I want to be for the next 4 years! My poor body just seems to be fighting the Tamoxifen, and I hate it.

The injections had been suggested to me, but the Oncologist did say that the side effects could be as bad or worse! Plus it's a monthly visit to hospital which I can do without! I want BC to be at the back of my mind instead of being the only thing I think about! It's bad enough living with Lymphoedema, but that I have to live with, Tamoxifen is my choice!

Hope you continue to do well, and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sure I am going to be doing a lot more investigating and asking questions, before I make the final decision. 😉 xx

Tara hope you enjoyed your time in the garden 😃 it's much cooler here today 😃😃😃😃😃 I'm probably the only one happy with that! Xx
Claudie

Hello,

I started chemo at the same time than you and followed your posts silently. Thank you all for taking the time to write your thoughts and feelings; I am sure you help a lot of people like me getting on with their own treatments.

I also had some problems with tamoxifen and summarised what we did in the following post (hope the link works!)

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Recovering-from-treatment/Tamoxifen/m-p/947212#M39658

Before removing the ovaries, I would suggest trying Zoladex first; it would shut down the ovaries and put you in chemically induced menaupose. The main advantage is that it is reversible: if you stop Zoladex, your ovaries should start working again - it's an option usefull to consider before doing any drastic surgery.

And yes, you would also need to take some other pills to stop your fat creating oestrogen.
All drugs will have some side effects; I think it is just a question of finding which SEs you can deal or cope with and still have a good quality of life.

Tamoxifen is a real no for me but Zoladex & letrazol gave me some of my life back.

All the best with looking for the most appropriate hormonal treatment for you xx
Tazzles

That sounds so confusing, Sal. I think lopping out your ovaries is rather drastic if you still have to take drugs that will continue to cause side effects. Good news that you don't have to see anyone again for 6 months. I got an appointment this morning for a mammogram in September. I'm not due for one until November so I think it is a 'routine' one as I turned 50 this year. I will be cancelling it as I don't want my poor boobs mauled about any more than they have to be!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been lazing it up in the garden reading my book and am now off to meet my mum and her friend for a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake at the nearby garden centre. 

Love to all xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi All,

Gynaecologist appointment was weird!😕 He basically contradicted everything that the Oncologist had said on Wednesday!?

So according to the first Gynaecologist I saw 3 months ago, the bleeding was just my periods returning! Oncologist agreed, and said that Tamoxifen can make periods irregular etc! Yesterday the Gynaecologist said that the Tamoxifen is shutting down my ovaries and putting me into early menopause?! Work that out!

Then he went on to say that if the Tamoxifen was causing too many issues then he could suggest having my ovaries removed 😮 I get where he's coming from, BUT I would still need to take some form of hormone drug, because estrogen is made naturally in your body from fat cells, and I have plenty of those!

So basically he's saying if I can't cope with the side effects of Tamoxifen then have surgery, and then live with the side effects of an enforced early menopause and the new drugs!!!! I don't think so!

He's booked me in for a bone density scan, as obviously if you do go through the menopause it can affect your bones.

So basically I don't know whether I am going to have another period or not! I am none the wiser on what's happening with my body. But I am at least appointment free for 6 months 😃 (except for Lymphoedema appt)

My plan is to keep going with the Tamoxifen until April 2016 and if I'm still struggling I will talk to Oncologist about stopping! I want to get some sort of quality of life back!

Sending lots of love to all, hope you have a great weekend! Xx
Tazzles

Glad you had a more positive appointment, Sal. I had no idea that tamoxifen had so little benefit. I am going to do some research myself. I should be going on the other post-menopausal one in May next year (after two years on tamoxifen). Its all so daunting. 

Lots of lovely holiday plans, it seems. No more holidays for me until November unfortunately but I am hoping that I will have left my job by then so every day will be a holiday!!

Love to all xxxx

alabamasam

Hmmm he says he does but not sure about that - i do wonder what he would do if i disappeared !!! Well cheered myself up by booking a week away to Fuerteventura with Alex on August 7th. We then go to Germany on the 21st, that is me, Alex, Gaz, my friend Ali, Gaz's best mate Gaz, my friend Karen and our teenage boys who are going to a counterstrike convention - its a game they all play online. Boys are going to the convention centre and we are going sightseeing, eating and drinking in cologne 🙂 I have now varnished all my pots and i used yacht varnish - way better than the PVA i was using but the house smells and it takes 24 hours to dry and they need two coats - they look good though. Tracy, do you not ache from taking tamoxifen ? I have been taking Turmeric but it tastes awful so not sure i can keep taking it x
Tracy1967

Just catching up on posts, busy, busy, busy as usual. Sal I'm glad you managed to get answers from your oncologist, bummer about the swelling but least you now know. I've read on a few websites that there's not much benefit from Tamoxifen, apparently the one they give you when you go through the menopause is supposedly more beneficial but again has its own side effects. I'm the opposite from the majority and are happy to take tamoxifen as there's no side effects, problem is that I then worry that it's not working 😕 The new job sounds very positive and just what you need, hope the children take the news OK. Good luck with your appt on Friday, let us know how it goes. Re holiday, I love Devon, chilled out and ideal for a family break.

Sam I can understand you being messed off, it's hard going running a home and taking care of kids. I hope Gaz realises how lucky he is 😜

Hope Tara and Jane are OK
Live to you all
Tracy XXX
Nanny_Sal

Sounds like you are a bit fed up Sam! Have a (((((((((HUG)))))))) Why don't you plan a few day trips away with Alex, just to get you both out of the house for a bit!

I'm off to Devon at the end of next week, quite looking forward to getting out of London for a bit. Then in September we have rented a lovely little cottage in North Devon, which allows dogs. So we are going there for a week. A proper little break, before my new adventure in my new job begins!

My bosses are finally telling the children I am leaving! They are doing it this weekend. I wish I was doing it really, because goodness knows what they will say. But I am prepared for Monday to be full of questions, about why I am leaving and will I still see them etc etc 😢

I have sorted the final few details with my new job, and I have to say I really think this family is going to appreciate having me! Which my current family did at the beginning, but like us all we start being taken for granted! So however tough this is, I do think it's the right move for me! 😉

Right I must think about collecting my charges, one is off to a pizza party and so I'm taking the other for ice cream 😋 School holidays start tomorrow!! The joys of a private education! Xx
alabamasam

I agree with you Sal about taking the tamoxifen. Keep in for another year & see how you feel. This sounded much more positive today apart from your collarbone which is annoying but at least now you know. I lost 3 lbs last week but I'm not going today. The lady who runs the group is on holiday and I don't need to buy packs as I've not really been doing the diet. I'll go back next week but I'm a bit sick of it. I'm a bit sick of everything at the moment. Gaz is driving me mad as he is obsessed with his new job & only talks about pizza express. He goes out to work at 8am & comes back at 9pm. He is too tired to be involved with anything or anyone in the house & im totally doing everything. I wouldn't mind if he gave me any money from his salary but he doesn't as it isn't that great & most of it goes on CSA payments to his ex & his student loan. I also can't find a decent holiday for me & Alex- bit much choice for one adult & one kid. Gaz is too busy to come !!! I'm going to spend the afternoon varnishing all the pots I've painted for my BBQ. It's mums birthday on Friday so I've decoupaged get two planters and they need varnishing too so off I go xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all, just a 45minute wait today. Which as I was preparing for a long wait, was pretty good.

So I went armed with my list. BCN was called to come in with me, and I have to say the difference of the Oncologist today with nurse, compared to when I was alone was noticeable! He actually looked at me and listened!

So he went on line and showed me the benefits of Tamoxifen compared to stopping, and I have to be honest I was shocked how little difference it really makes! Has anyone else seen theirs? In fact the Chemo reduces the recurrence risk more than the Tamoxifen (in my case) anyway, I am not silly and I can see that there is some benefit to taking the Tamoxifen so I have agreed to try and keep going for another year! My Oncologist says that the main benefits from Tamoxifen come from the first two years!? Which would make me question why they are starting to give it to people for 10years!

But I feel that if things continue like this then I will stop at the two year mark. None of us know what's round the corner, and with all the issues I am having with Tamoxifen I'm not enjoying life anymore. So for me it's worth the very small increased risk! Let's face it there are people on Tamoxifen who get a recurrence so there are no guarantees. But for me, the thought that I might feel human again by April 2016 is enough to get me through the next few months!

As for the swelling above the collarbone, he finally admitted that it's permanent damage caused by the Radiotherapy and that he's seen it in a few ladies! Lucky me!! But it is nice to finally get a proper answer and not just have it blamed on Lymphoedema! Maybe if doctors were slightly more blunt/honest we wouldn't stress quite so much!

Now I just need to get through the Gynaecologist appointment on Friday! Then hopefully I will be hospital free for a while! 😀

Hope everyone else is doing okay! Sam how was weigh in this week? Jane I trust you are busy packing! Tara hope work is going okay!

Tracy and Jen hope you are both doing well. Lots of Love to all. 😘😘😘😘😘
alabamasam

Good luck today Sal, let us know if you get an answers xxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tara. Hopefully going to really discuss the whole tamoxifen thing and what might happen if I stop taking it! Also would really love them to tell me why I have this swelling above collarbone! But I am prepared for the usual, "it's the Lymphoedema" which would be fine, if the lymph nurse agreed! But she doesn't!

I just want to get to a point where I feel relaxed and happy! Or am I expecting too much!

Sending love to you all xxxxxx
Tazzles

Good luck for tomorrow, Sal. Will be thinking of you.

Istanbul trip sounds fab Jane. 

Got to get to work now. Boo!

Love to everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Jane, sounds like an exciting trip away! Hope you have a great time! Xx
Willow1

Hope all goes well with your appointments on Wednesday Sal and you don't have any major delays. Going to Istanbul next week for a few days with a friend and my youngest so that will be interesting- and very hot apparently! I'm excited but apprehensive too. Been gardening like mad which I love but everything is so dry, I hate to say it but we need rain. Hope you are all ok. Jx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all,

How's everyone doing? Hope you all had a nice weekend 😀 I spent mine hiding in Vue 😉 Nice and cool, with yummy snacks 😋

So this week I have my Oncology appt and my Gynae appt, lucky me! I received a letter this morning telling me my appointment with the Oncologist had been changed to the 22nd, the week I'm home in Devon! So I called and explained and told her I didn't really want to wait much longer for the appointment, as I have things I need to discuss. Then she explained my appt was cancelled because there will only be one doctor on that day and it's a busy clinic! But as long as I was Happy to wait then she could leave the appt for wed?! But offered me 11am? My appt was 9.30! I said I would rather have an early appt especially if it was going to be a long wait, so she said she could give me 9.15?? Work that out!

So looks like Wednesday is going to be a long day! Although there is a possible tube strike, which might make it harder for people to get to the hospital! So fingers crossed, as long as the doc makes it, I've got a fighting chance!

Sending lots of love to all xxxxxxx
alabamasam

Yes I agree too, they need to be told a d they are old enough to understand but I guess you have to do what their parents say 😞 you must be so frustrated ! xxxxxx
Tazzles

I totally agree with you, Sam. I think the children would find it easier if they know in advance and you can do lots of lovely things with them before you go. 

I haven't actually decided when to hand my notice in yet. I am going to see if I can tolerate it a bit longer and hoping I can deal with it better knowing I won't be there for much longer.

Love to all xxx

Nanny_Sal

Wow Jane....did you pick up on the fact I HATE this weather, and I thought I was being so subtle 😉

Tara my job doesn't start till September. Currently very pi$$ed off with my bosses. Who don't want to tell the children for a few more weeks!! They think it's better if they find a replacement first, so that the children don't worry?! I think it's better to tell them now, so they can get used to the idea! They are 5 and 8 so fully capable of understanding, and although they will be upset, I would rather give them plenty of time to get used to the idea!

Sam hope the diet continues to go well! I am very impressed with your will power!

Love to All xxxxx
Willow1

Wow it's warm! Trying to get to sleep but it's too hot! Good to read everyone's updates, I've not been up to much so not a lot to report here! Tara, how long before you finish your job? Sal, you must really hate the heat, and Sam I hope you managed to cool down. Well must try to get some sleep - fat chance I think! Love to all. Jx
Tazzles

How's everyone? I had a lovely time in the Isle of Wight and not looking forward to work tomorrow. Still, now I know that I will be leaving I hope it will be more bearable. 

When do you start your new job, Sal?

Take care everyone xxx

alabamasam

It's tooooooo hot !!!!!!! Just sat in pizza express waiting for my dinner, brought Alex up to see his dad at work 😄 been slimming and swimming today. Still losing weight still one more stone to go ! Had a bit of a cheat week which was good. Swimming again tomorrow and Friday I think. Been painting more pots & trying to keep up with watering all the pots and baskets I planted. Sal apparently tesco is the place for us to be, all stood in front of the freezers !!!!!! Getting the hose out when I get home !
Sam xxxxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi all

How's everyone doing?

Hope you had a lovely time away Tara.. You certainly picked the right days, if you enjoy the sun ☀️

I HATE this hot weather! Can't wait for winter, or at least for it to get back to 'normal' temperatures!

Sending Lots of Love to all xx
Tazzles

Endings are always so difficult specially when you have been such a major part of the family for so long. Will you be able to keep in touch with them on a regular basis? Sending big hugs xxx

Nanny_Sal

I'm feeling very sad 😥 Not being helped, by everyone telling me it's the best thing for me! I know it is, but I also know how hard it is going to be to tell my current charges, that I am leaving 😢 and then coping with the actual leaving! I've been a part of their lives everyday for the last 5.5years! The youngest won't remember life without me around. It just seems so cruel to walk out of their lives. Although I do know that they will be fine, and I will visit lots 😉

But I need a bit of time to get used to the idea, that I am actually going. I'm not going to see them everyday anymore. It's hard and I just need a bit of time.

Hope you have fun with the gardening and enjoy the Isle of White 😃

Lots of Love to all 😘😘😘
Tazzles

How are you feeling Sal? It must have taken some courage to do the actual handing in of your notice but I am sure they are being understanding. Now its time to look forward. Sorry to hear about the frustrating swelling. The chest area above my bad boob is also quite tender and swollen a lot of the time. I'm trying to just ignore it in the hope that it will go away. 

Hope everyone else is doing ok. 

I had a lovely time away on the Norfolk Broads, so relaxing. We are off to the Isle of Wight on Sunday for a few days. Off work until next Wednesday so I'm going to tackle the garden in the next few days. 

Love to everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Just had a meeting with my boss, to hand in my notice 😢
Nanny_Sal

Hi Sam, I do wear my sleeve everyday 😒 and although it's hot and uncomfortable, I put up with it as I know its doing a good job. So I've come to terms with the fact that the sleeve is probably 'forever'! But the thought that the swelling/aching and pain above the collarbone, could also be forever.....I struggle with 😠 xxx
alabamasam

Yes I would assume that. I met a lady last week when Alex was having his swimming lesson. She wears a sleeve all the time, she even has one for swimming. She says it really helps her xxxx
Nanny_Sal

Yes it's my arm and breast are worse in the heat! But it's been swollen for months! They don't seem to care! So I assume that's a good thing?!