1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Newbies 2013

Willow1

Re: November Newbies 2013

That's such good news! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were getting on.  I hope you can now relax a little and have a good time with your family and of course the lovely Bella.  Love Jxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi. Just to let you know biopsies were clear. Thanks for the words of support. Xx

Willow1

I agree totally with Tara, it is a normal response so don't feel embarrassed.  I panic whenever I have to see a consultant or have an MRI or Mammogram (booked in for October - already stressing!). Sending lots of love  Jx

Tazzles

Oh Sal. Don't feel embarrassed about it. It is completely normal. I feel a real wimp for having to ask a friend to come with me for my mammogram on the 9th September but know that I will be a nervous wreck if I go on my own. Will you go back for the scan soon or wait until you are back from Devon? Sending big big hugs xxx

Nanny_Sal

Didn't have the scan 😢 I was too upset and couldn't calm down. The more they tried to calm me down the worse, and more embarrassed I felt 😢 so we gave up! I left in tears, feeling really pathetic and stupid 😢 

Hope you all have a lovely wknd xx

Tazzles

Let us know how you get on. Do you know when you will get results? xx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies

I've dropped them at station😢 we all cried on the tube journey, and then all cried when we said goodbye! heartbreaking! Now to go for this stupid scan 😢 last thing I want to be doing 😢

Tazzles

I've just got back from the woods after a lovely walk with the dogs and I was thinking of you, Sal. I was imagining you like a 'Mary Poppins' character - doing good wherever you go and then going elsewhere to help someone else. Sending love and hugs to you (and to everyone else wherever you may be in the world!) xxxx

Willow1

Aww, poor little thing, I expect he will be very upset, but as you have said he will bounce back and it's not like you are walking out of his life completely and won't be in touch. It must be pulling on your heart strings though and it sounds really hard on you. You must be emotionally exhausted with all the topsy turvy in your life at the moment. I hope today isn't too upsetting and you have lots of happy moments. Jxx
Nanny_Sal

Well it's my last morning with my current charges 😢 I am already crying, and spent most of the night crying. I was doing okay until my bosses told me that my youngest charge had a complete meltdown 😢 he went to bed sobbing. He says he doesn't want me to leave and he thinks I should stay forever! Heartbreaking!

i know he will be fine, and he'll soon bounce back, but it's so hard to see and hear how upset he is. He won't remember life without me 😢 longest we've been apart is 2 weeks, when I had surgery, and he was soooooo pleased when I got back! I think I've really hurt him 😢 and today I have to take him to the station and say goodbye 😢 

I'm hoping he did all his crying yesterday and today he'll be his usual cheery self 😐 but think that might be wishful thinking xx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all, Well I just had my last full day with my lovely little monsters 😄 We went to Hamleys, which they loved. Then on to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Cha Cha the tree frog made an appearance which they loved 😃 we had the table next to the Elephants which they thought was amazing, and watching their faces light up, when the storm started was indescribable 😀 So many memories that I will have for a long, long time.

We then went on to the M&M's store to look around. They thought that was amazing too. Then caught the bus home and played with all the things we had bought 😃 

Then once my bosses were back we all sat round the table and exchanged gifts 😃 We all blubbed but they were happy tears 😃 I have realised this week that I am ready to move on! I also see that although they will miss me, they will be fine, and I will be able to come back and borrow them as often as I like 😃 

Now I just need to finish packing and get ready to leave tomorrow! I know I will cry when I leave them at the station, but I know it's the right thing to do and that helps. 😉 

Then I'm off for scan before catching the train home!! Busy day!!

thanks for all the support ladies, I am very very grateful xxxx 😘😘

Tazzles

Oh Sal, after all you've been through. This isn't fair! Sending you lots of love and hugs. Don't know what else to say but will be thinking of you lots xxxxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi Anna, Sam hasn't received your email! 

Willow1

Oh Sal, I'm sorry to hear that you have this worry hanging over you, it's not surprising that you are fed up. Sending you lots of love. xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi. CT scan showed a few areas of concern! So they have biopsied a couple of nodes, and booked me in for a bone scan. They did say it could all be down to Radiotherapy damage. But they would like to check it out. 😒 Feeling extremely fed up! Xx

Anna_BCC

Thank you Nanny Sal for letting me know, i will investigate this immediately

I have now emailed Sam

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Nanny_Sal

Anna, I had a text from Sam to say she is now completely locked out! She's not Happy!! 

alabamasam

Anna, i can only log in on my PC to comment, i have tried to request a password but it doesn't let me on my phone - its so frustrating as i am rarely abale to use a PC so my phone was my main contact but i just have to read messages now and not comment which is not good.

Anna_BCC

Hi alabamasam

Sorry about that, I have looked at the problem and believe I have managed to fix it.  Could you please check to see if you are now able to private message?

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

alabamasam

Everything is being squeezed for you here too !!!
I still can't log on from my phone and ive emailed BCC and their moderator - no response so i guess i will just have to read posts and comment when i can find a PC. Sal, good luck for later, let us know as soon as you know. Lots of hugs coming your way xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tara, that's much appreciated 😘

Tazzles

My hands (and feet and everything else on me) will be giving you a huge supportive sueeze. Will be thinking of you and sending love your way. xxxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all, hope those of you on holiday are having a great time. Those of us left here, hope you're keeping dry ️ 

I had a call yesterday from the hospital, I have been called in to 'discuss' the CT Scan! I'd like to think they just want to give me the 'all clear' but I sense if that was the case, they would of waited until my booked appointment next week! Anyway appointment is at 4.30 so any available hands to squeeze, will be gratefully received 😉 xx

Nanny_Sal

Oh and a HUG from Cologne!! 😀 I feel very loved 😘 xx

Nanny_Sal

Well those HUGS came from far and wide 😃 Vietnam, Florida and Hamburg 😘 

Hope you all have a fantastic time 😘 

Tara thanks for your England based HUG too 😘 Hope you are having a nice weekend. VERY warm and sunny here!! Xx

Tracy1967

Sending you a BIG Hug all the way from sunny Florida especially for you Sal XXX wishing you a lovely week with your charges, make the most of the time you have with them and good luck with your new job XXX

Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies and Thanks for the support. Thanks Sam for the text.

Well my bags are now at what will be my new home. They have bought all new stuff for my room and have already sent me an email telling me how much they are looking forward to me starting 😉 They are lovely! It's just I feel so very sad about leaving my current charges. But then the reality is they are at school most of the time and I will be able to look after a young baby, and then come back to spend 'fun' times with my current two! 😃 Fingers crossed we can enjoy our last proper week together, without too many tears xx

Tazzles

Sending lots of love and hugs, Sal. I totally understand how you are feeling, I hate goodbyes xxx

Willow1

Big hug from Vietnam! Hope all goes well today. Xxx
Nanny_Sal

Well can't believe it but it's MOVING DAY 😔 Then I will have just one more week with my current charges 😢 I know it's the right move for me, and I know I will love my new job/family. But the thought of leaving these and the safety of the job, is horrible 😢 

Calling you all in for a (((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))) I need one today xx

Nanny_Sal

Hi Tara, I'll be at my parents for 3wks, will be moving my stuff to my new job on Friday, keeping just the clothes  I will need for the next month! My room looks like a bomb site, with things everywhere! Plus suitcases and bags! It's times like this I hate being on the top floor of the house! Luckily at new house I am just up one flight of stairs 😉

i think giving yourself a few months off, and hopefully stress free will be a great idea! 😃 Good for you 😉 xx

Tazzles

Glad that's all over, Sal. Hopefully it won't be too long until you get the results. Where are you going to be living when you are 'between jobs'?

I am so looking forward to leaving mine in October. Can't wait. I'm going to just relax and de-stress for a couple of months before even thinking about the future.

Love to everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi All, that sounds amazing Jane, hope you have an amazing time xx

CT scan done! Went without too much drama. Just an issue with getting a vein for the cannula. Took 2 nurses and 3 attempts! I swear as soon as I see a needle now, my veins hide!! 

So now now fingers crossed I don't hear anything for a few days, then I'll know it's nothing serious. But won't get full results until BCN is back from her hols! Which is fine! Maybe I'll get some good news to start my 3wk break before starting my new job!

Hope everyone else is doing okay, sending lots of love to you all xxxx

Tazzles

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go to Vietnam. I bought a Lonely Planet guide for it about 20 years ago but have never actually made it! Have a fab time xx

alabamasam

Wow Jane, how fantastic to be in Vietnam, cannot wait to hear about your trip. When i worked i did the payroll for our Vietnam office so i have a few friends out there and one of them always posts the most beautiful photographs of her weekends when she is out and about. She is from Vietnam but her husband works for a Westernised company and they all speak perfect english - pit us to shame. Enjoy the rest of your holiday xxxxxx

Willow1

Hello folks, sorry I haven't been in touch, I am on holiday in Vietnam at the moment - so exciting! Just to say good luck with your scan Sal and love to all. Will catch up with you when I'm back. Xx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tara, I really hope so xx

Tazzles

Good luck for tomorrow, Sal. Hopefully you'll finally get some positive answers. xx

Nanny_Sal

That sounds like fun Sam! I am packing 😕 I hate packing! 😩

alabamasam

That is good Sal, hopefully you can get some closure on this before you start your new job xxxxxx
Painting pots and watching Glee today 🙂 xxxxx
Nanny_Sal

Hi All, just wanted to let you know that I had a call from the hospital and my CT scan is tomorrow evening! So hopefully all this drama will be over soon, and hopefully I will find out what's causing the swelling and pain, and more importantly how to deal with it! 

Hope everyone is well? Xx

Nanny_Sal

Hi Sam, welcome back 😀 Sounds like you both had a lovely time, well done Alex on the swimming...I love the way children can suddenly master things 😃

I'm a bit down Sam but okay. Just feel it's never ending and I am being constantly messed around. I genuinely thought that I would finally get some answers this Thursday. But to come away with absolutely nothing, after going all the way back to London for the appointment, has just left me feeling totally PI$$ED off. To top it off I emailed my BCN to tell her I wasn't happy, and she basically avoided everything I had said, and just said I must feel fed up, and if I needed a chat she's always there to listen. Then in the next sentence she says she's away for the next two weeks!! 

I was starting to feel that things might finally be sorted before I started my new job! But then I suppose it's expecting too much for things to run smoothly for me 😒 

Anyway hope you enjoy your last few days of GOOD FOOD before getting back to your diet! Xx

alabamasam

Hi I'm here, i just can't log onto this forum - its driving me mad. I can read posts but i can't post on here - says i'm denied access !!!!! Tara i love Beetroot and choc muffins !!!

I've just emailed the moderator to see if they can help me access on here as it looks like ive disappeared and i haven't 🙂

Sal, i can't believe this about your apt on Thursday - this is ridiculus. I'm so sorry. It is just too much with your new job coming up.

We got back from our hols last night about 1.30a.m - i'm shattered now. I'm very achy too - did so much walking over the last week, alex was brilliant. Sal, do you have Whatsapp ? I can send you some pictures. We had a lovely week, hotel was ok, it was  very busy but really clean, food was good - not too much for al to eat but plenty for me. We did go out alot even though we were all inclusive coz my friend was there with her family and they were self catering. It was good to catch up with her, we've been friends for almost 30 years, don't see each other that often so it was lovely. She was on my flight home too. I met a nutty woman by the pool who told me she had terminal cancer but she didn't. She was such a weirdo, i spent alot of my time trying tp get away from her ! Anyway, pools were good, it was lovely and windy so for us hot flush sufferers its the perfect holiday destination.

Alex did amazingly well with his swimming and one day just completely out of the blue swam across the pool ! I couldn;t belive it and i was actually filming him. Anyway, ive put on loads of weight, Ali is coming over to night for beer and chinese !

I'm doing a big roast dinner tomorrow then Mon - Fri i'll pop back on my diet then on Friday morning we are off to Germany for a long weekend.

After that it will almost be school again. We may have the girls back for another week but not sure as yet.

Sal, i hoow you are ok, just more **** you don't need.

I think Tracy is on holiday so that is why she is quiet, Jane hope all is ok.

Love Sam xxxx

Nanny_Sal

That sounds like a lovely afternoon Tara 😃 enjoy xx

I'm okay, just feeling a bit fed up! I was so sure that the appointment on Thursday was finally going to put my mind at rest. I've now got more waiting and more worrying. Added to that I only have 2 wks left with my current  family, so have lots of packing/moving to do 😔 just not in the mood! Because I still have this hanging over me 😒 

Hope everyone else is enjoying a nice wknd xxxx

Tazzles

Hi Sal, looks like we are the only ones around at the moment! We've had friends here for a barbeque this afternoon. A big meat fest for everyone else and Linda McCartney veggie sausages for me. Plus homemade choc and beetroot muffins. 

I am feeling much more relaxed now I've handed my notice in at work. I won't be leaving until the end of October but am going to take it easy until then and just get my current cases finished. 

Hope you are feeling better. 

Lots of love (and to everyone else, wherever you may be)

xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi Tara, hope you managed to get your early night and you are feeling okay now! Hope you have a lovely wknd xx

Tazzles

Oh, what a carry on, Sal! I really hope you get the scan quickly and they finally get some answers. 

We had a HUGE storm today which caused a power cut for 7 hours.

It's been a really strange day and I am absolutely exhausted. Think I'm going to just go to bed now. 

Lots of love to everyone xx

Nanny_Sal

Hi All, hope everyone is doing okay, and those of you on your hols are having a great time.

i have just wasted my time and money, travelling from Devon back to London. I was supposed to be having an ultrasound of the area above my collarbone as it is still bothering me! But I go in to see surgeon only to be told that an ultrasound is pointless as it wouldn't show anything!! So does that mean the one they did in Oct and which they gave me the all clear was a waste of time too?! 

Hes now requested a CT scan, so yet more waiting. But at least this might finally give me some answers and stop me worrying! I hope!! 

Fed end up with the whole system and am losing faith in all of them! 

Moan over! Sending love to you all xxxx

Nanny_Sal

Hope you have a lovely time Sam and Tracy! I'm very Jealous! The best I get is a trip to Devon and even that is interrupted with having to come back to London for a hospital appointment! I'm 2 years on from diagnosis and still don't feel like I'm truly over all this. 

Hopefully if if they can solve the mystery of the swelling and pain above collarbone, then maybe I can finally start moving on.....although I sense I've said that before.....I live in hope 😉

Sending Lots of Love to all xxxx

alabamasam

Same here Jane, i cannot use my phone anymore to even see the forum. I've just gone in via my computer - done the whole change password thing so I'm hoping it will work on my phone but not holding out much hope. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. At least you can be there to support her plus you can direct her to this forum too, maybe there is an August thread - i'm sure there is.
Well over the past two days ive bleached my hair - stupidly i left it on too long last night and OMG - my hair is coming out more now than when i had chemo. It looks very white though which is what i wanted but i think i had better give it a rest now. It is only about an inch long so won't take long to grow back - worse things have happened ladies !
Sal, how are you doing, i hope you are feeling better.
Tracy, looking forward to seeing some pics of your hols - is it your villa you are going to ? I really want to go back but we had said we would wait until alex was big enough to do the bigger rides. Also means we have about 4 years to save up loads of money to spend while we are there 🙂 Do you ever rent out your house at all ? I was looking for a villa yesterday but couldn't find any i really liked. We are going to Fuerteventura tomorrow for a week - i'm just going with Alex. Jamie doesn't want to come and gaz is too busy. I did howevere find out that one of my oldest friends is there with her family staying at the hotel next door so i'm really looking forward to seeing her. We used to go on holidays together to Tenerife so i know we will have a laugh.
Anyway, last minute washing to do and a few pots on order that need painting so I'm off. I may be absent for a week as internet is limited on holiday.
Love to you all,
Sam xxxx