November Newbies 2013

Nanny_Sal

Re: November Newbies 2013

Willow1

That's great news Tara! Jx
Tazzles

Mammogram results came back fine. I'm so relieved. I still hadn't heard by today so chased it up with the McMillan nurse. 

Hope the scan goes ok Sam.

Sal, how are you?

xx

Willow1

Sam, for some reason i completely missed your message about your recent visit to the Oncologist.  I hope you get answers quickly and you can have your mind put at rest.  Likewise for you Tara. I am supposed to be having a mammogram and MRI this month but haven't had a date through yet.

Lovely sunny day today and I have been out prunning the hedge - quite satisfying - can do it with weight on one foot!

Love to all

Jxx

Tazzles

Sorry to hear about the foot. I can totally empathise about not being able to walk. That is also one of my big pleasures. I've just got back from a lovely walk in the woods with the dogs. 

I hope all the tests prove to be nothing, Sam, and hope your mind can be put to rest. 

I suppose I should chase up my mammogram results but am a bit scared. I agree that generally 'no news is good news' but knowing my hospital they could have easily lost my results whether they were good or bad!

Take care everyone xxx

alabamasam

Yes jane, there are pots and pebbles on every surface in my house ! I have lots of orders too which is great and this is before i have stocked my shop on etsy - there is an ebay link on my post under this one. Sorry to hear about your foot, that must be very frustrating for you.

Rgiht, must get alex to bed, he is playing me tonight xxx

Willow1

Hello Tara. You sound like you are having a very sociable time! Sorry you haven't heard about your mammogram but I do think no news is good news.

I have had problems with my foot recently (nerve has been damaged) and have had cortisone injections in it but it has caused an infection (been on antibiotics with leg up!) and the injection has made it worse!! It's particularly disappointing as I can't walk properly without lots of pain and one of my pleasures is walking the dogs. Ive had it since May and it is starting to get me down. They are threatening surgery but it will mean a recuperation period of up to 6 months! I am definitely not keen on that at all.

Sal, hope you are settling in ok and your arm isn't giving you problems. Sam, are you still doing your pots? Tracy, hope you are not working too hard!

Love Jx
alabamasam

Hi everyone, sorry I'm not on here much anymore but i have no access at all using my phone and i'm rarely sat at a computer. Tara, i can't belive you are still waiting for results. I have mine on October 23rd but i get my results before i leave -  i don't understand why if i can have this that everyone else has to wait. Sounds like you have been kept busy though to take your mind off it temporarily.

I went to see my oncologist on Tuesday morning. Ive had a lot of pain and weakness in my left side for several months now. I went to see my nurse last week but she just said to me if we scanned everyone who had an ache then we would be scanning forever. I had to explain to her that this has been going on for a while and she should know me better than that. Anyway, i then had this apt, he was extremely thorough, more than i expected. He examined me all over, he recognised a weakness in my left side. He said it could be tamoxifen so we could stop this for a month to see if it improves - if it did and that was the only issue then i'm happy to keep taking it, i just want it confirmed it is nothing more sinister. Then he suggested a bone scan so that is happening first. He also wanted to know if id had any slurred speech and trouble with balance, i was a bit oblivious to this line of questioning so Gaz just siad do you think it could be a brain tumour and he said he wanted to rule that out. I hadn't even considered that and needless to say ive had a hreadache ever sinec!!!

Anyway, i'm now waiting for my scan to come through and then i have a follow up apt with him on Oct 23rd which i guess will be results.

Today we have had a new bed delivered. Turns out that the superking i thought we had is actually a king so now we have a giant bed to sleep on ! It looks so funny in our room - in fact our room is now a giant bed ! Can't wait to go to sleep tonight !

Ive also been very busy with my stones and pots, lots of orders coming in which is keeping me very busy - not much is getting done in the house 🙂

Here is a link to one of my pots on ebay - there are more bits on there too 🙂 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231687317790?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Anyway, i'm off to varnish some more stuff, some of the October ladies and the November ladies are meeting up again at the Moor Hall Hotel in October and I've had loads of orders from them - my car will be full 🙂

Hope you are all ok,

Love Sam xxxxx

Tazzles

How's it going, Sal? Feeling any more settled in the new job? How's everyone else?

Got the 'in-laws' here at the moment for a week and my brother and neice were over from the US the previous 2 weeks so I've been doing lots of entertaining which has been lovely. 

Still no word about my mammogram which I had over 3 weeks ago.

Love to everyone xxx

Tazzles

So sorry to hear that Sal. I really hope you start to feel more settled and enthusiastic very soon. It's always hard getting used to a new job, I find. Sending love and hugs to you and everyone else xxx

Willow1

Sorry to hear you are unsettled by things at the moment Sal. I know that whenever I have had to deal with any major changes I have felt unnerved and a bit low to begin with, so hopefully once you settle in and get more familiar with the surroundings etc that you will find it easier and less disconcerting. Sending you a hug. Love to everyone - whoopee, have my first cold of the winter yey! Xx
Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tracy, hug gratefully received xx

Tracy1967

Oh Sal I'm really sorry to hear the new job's not giving you the buzz you need and deserve, you must really miss the children. Big group hug winging your way (((HUG))).

Nanny_Sal

Tazzles

Good luck this week, Sal. 

I'm a bit busy at the moment, back at work this week and my brother and niece are visiting from the US so may not get much of a chance to be online. Thinking of you all. Have a good week xx

Willow1

Hello everyone. Sal looks like you have a busy but exciting few weeks ahead and especially exciting having a little baby to look after! Hahaha Sam, smoke them out and enjoy. Very quiet here, but quite pleasant for it. Love to one and all and I hope the week ahead is kind to everyone. Jxx
alabamasam

Morning Sal, wow, that 3 weeks has flown by. How lovely that you are having you kids back in October - that will be wonderful.

Tell your employers when you are ready, let yourself get into this job first and settle in. Let them see how wonderful you are 🙂 xxx

Having a BBQ today, neighbours are already complaining about the smoke !!! Well, we have a smoker ha ha. Id invite them round but they are miserable, i never complain about how loud they are so i'm going to continue to smoke them out 🙂

Have a good day everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all, hope you've all had a nice weekend. 

I have one one hour left with Bella, before I travel back up to London and the start of my new adventure! Feeling a bit nervous! Looking forward to looking after a baby again, but will be arriving with bags to unpack, and to try and settle in 😏 I hate packing and unpacking!! 

I don't think it helps that I have other stuff going on and I sort of feel that I should tell my new employers! BUT it's in my private life and so doesn't directly affect them! I have made life so complicated 😒 all my own fault! But very frustrating and just bad timing! Have already had to ask to start a bit later on Tuesday because I have an appointment. Luckily she doesn't go back to work for a couple of weeks! 

On on a much happier note I am having my old charges for the day on a Saturday in October 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 I can't wait!!

Right I need to get ready. Catch you all later.

hope you all have a good week xxxxxx

alabamasam

Hi Tara, thanks for having a look at my pots. I use all sorts. I use mostly valspar water based paints but also just started using paint pens and garden colours too as threy are waterproof. I've been painting all evening - about 3 hours today. I'm just about to varnish it all then i can sit for a bit or go to bed. I could not sleep last night at all so have avided strong coffee today.

Its Alex's birthday party in the morning. We are taking him and 12 friends bowling then off to TGI Fridays for some lunch then we have some friends coming over on sunday as tnhey are picking up pots they have ordered from me and we are going to have some food.

Hope everyone is doing ok and has a good weekend.

Love Sam xxxx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Ladies, really looking forward to starting my new job! Need to get back to being busy 😉 It's not been the relaxing 3 weeks I was hoping for, but fingers firmly crossed that things will go from strength to strength now!! 😉 xxxx

Tracy1967

Good luck with the new job Sal, keep us updated. Tara, no news is good news 😉

Have a lovely weekend all XXX

Tazzles

I forgot to say, Sam, I checked out your pots facebook page and I am so impressed. They look so lovely. What type of paints do you use on them? xx

Tazzles

Hope you have a lovely weekend too, Sal (and everyone else). I've been thinking about you all but been busy doing decorating and not looked at my computer for a while.

Still no news about my mammogram results. Feel anxious every time the phone rings or when I check the post but otherwise quite calm. 

Love to everyone

xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all, hope you all had a good week.

just wanted to wish you all a lovely weekend xxxx

alabamasam

Yes Jane, i'm thinking about Christmas pots, i did do a poinsetta one, just a little one but it will look lovely in my hall with a plant in it. If you send me your mobile number on private message i can send you some pictures. I have a page on facebook, not sure if you can view them there but if so here is a link xxxxx https://www.facebook.com/Going-Potty-with-Sam-394220164116854/timeline/

Lots to do today, free ebay listing day, ironing and pots to paint. Jane, as you know i love my garden too and it will get some attention today. Maybe later if the sun dries out my lawn a bit i'll mow it. My hedges need cutting too but they can wait and i still have lots of tubs and baskets to water.

Tara, ive bought my xmas cards, i always get them just after xmas so they are super cheap. In fact i guess i could write them ??? I have also started shopping - only because if ive seen something then ive bought it so i don't miss out. Its harder this year as apart from alex the kids are to old for cute presents and they have every electronic gadget going - no idea what to get them. I was thinking of opening the girls bank accounts and putting some money in there for them  - hard to know what to do.

Anyway, coffee first then i'll start my jobs.

Have a good day everyone xxxxx

Willow1

I'm with you there Tara, come on summer, just one another big long flourish to take us into October! Been gardening like mad this week too, I used to hate it but now I love it and try to get out there most days (think I might be a fair weather gardener though and my enthusiasm will diminish once the weather turns).
Sam, how are your pots? Are you going to make any Christmas themed ones?
Hope things settle down for you soon Sal. Jx
Nanny_Sal

Hi Tara, hope you have a lovely week off. I hope the weather is okay for your gardening 😉 

i have one more week off before I start my new job! I'd like to say it's been a relaxing few weeks off, but it hasn't been. Life is just very complicated and overwhelming, sometimes! Xx

Tazzles

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm off for a week and trying to get on top of the garden projects. Saw Christmas cards in Sainsbury's yesterday - how depressing - I'm not ready to let go of summer yet! xx

Willow1

And you too Sal! Hope the sunshine and the weather stays warm for everyone! Xx
Nanny_Sal

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Xx

Nanny_Sal

Sam I forgot to say, well done on the weight loss this week x

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Tara, glad your mammogram went okay. I hope you can get through the next few weeks without thinking too much about it. 😘 

I had a really rough night, and I think my 'problem' might of sorted itself out 😔 

Hope everyone is having a good week xx

alabamasam

Tara, what a relief to get it done but i hate that you have to wait so long. Its 2 years tomorrow that i have been off work - i had my first op on September 11th 2013.

I have been so super tired today, after school run i came home and lay on the sofa till fat class time. I went and weighed in and then did my mums shopping but now i thnk its time to lie down again or go to bed. Gaz is away in London at a conference so no snoring man to keep me awake - bit of food and then bed i think for me. I did lose 9.5 lbs in my first weigh in so thats almost all i put on which is great xxxxx

Willow1

So pleased you had a relatively stress free time today Tara - the wait is the nuisance but I'm sure it'll be fine. Spent day cleaning and now feel exhausted (moved furniture etc). Won't be long before its back to its messy self with the dogs and teenagers in the house.
Love to all xx
Tazzles

All done! Thanks for the well wishes. I now have to wait up to 4 weeks for the results. I made a mistake though and didn't read the instruction letter properly so I had used deodorant this morning. Hopefully it won't affect the results!

It was good having my friend with me as I didn't really have time to stress about it. 

I hope you get your 'problem' sorted, Sal.

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Jane, it's all very complicated 😕 but let's face it, my journey on here has been nothing but complicated. Although this time I created the issue. It may take a while for things to sort themselves out, but whatever happens, I'm sure I'll cope. 😘 xx

Willow1

Oh no, how annoying for you.  I hope whatever it is that you manage to resolve things as soon as it is possible for you so you can have peace of mind.  Jx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks Jane, it was one of those days that created more issues than it solved! Life is very complicated sometimes! 

Hope you're doing okay xx

Willow1

Yes, hope all goes well tomorrow Tara and you are seen quickly.

Sal, hope today went well for you too.

Sam, your pots sound lovely, you must be very creative!  Tracy, hope all is ok with you and being back at work and school runs etc is too much of a shock after the summer holidays?!

Love to all

Jx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good week.

just wanted to pop on and say Tara Good Luck for tomorrow. I hope you are seen quickly and all goes well. Xx 💐💐

alabamasam

Hi ladies, still having to change my login EVERYTIME i want to comment and still being denied on my phone !!!!
Jane, i have stiffness and pain in my left arm too, really in my left side. I struggle to get up stairs sometimes. I know i should go to the doc but just don't want to know if it is bad news 😞
Tara, its the waiting that is the worse although when i have my mammograms i get the results within 30 minutes before i leave. If my hospital can do it why can't everyone's to save that awful stress.
Anyway, braved the shops today and got alex's school shoes. It was lovely and quiet so didn't take long at all. I'm now back home, just had a big order for more pots so i can get started on those and just sold 4 big ones which have just been collected 🙂
Willow1

Where has the rest of my message gone?!? Must be user error but can't understand why? Was saying about 3 days of stiffness in arm and chest on bad side after flight and my new addiction to surfing web for holidays (in my dreams). Anyway just wanted to wish you all a lovely dry and sunny (ummm) weekend! Jx
Willow1

Hello all, I hope everything goes well with all your appointments, I will be thinking of you all. I am now home after an amazing time in Vietnam - fabulous sights, friendly people and wonderful food! The heat was a challenge though - 39c feeling like 47c! Flight back was 13 hours and I found I really stiffened up f
Tazzles

Thanks everyone for your supportive comments. I'm feeling a bit more calm about it now. I think its the wait for the results that's actually worse than the mammogram itself.

Another rainy day! I was hoping to get some gardening done but I can't get motivated with it being so gloomy.

Jane, I'm not sure if you are back from your holiday yet.

Have a good weekend everyone xxx

Nanny_Sal

Hi all,

Tracy it sounds like you had a fab time 😄 

Looks like September is going to be a stressful month all round. Fingers firmly crossed that you all get clear results. 

Not sure I'll have peace of mind before starting the new job, but have an appointment on Tuesday that might make things a bit clearer! So will be squeezing all your hands then! Then will be around on Wednesday to hold Tara's hand 😉

Hope you all have a great weekend xxxx 😘

Tracy1967

So glad everything came back clear Sal, I hope you're able to sortout your other problem quickly so you have piece of mind before starting your new job.

Tara I'm sure your mammogram will be fine but I know it's easier said then done. On the reverse I don't have any mammograms and worry. I sometimes get aches, shooting pains or the boob which had rads feels harder, what if I miss something? I have an appointment on the 19th Sept with my surgeon and feel apprehensive but hopefully everything will be OK. I need to decide if I want another round of lipo modelling. After I had the first op my boobs did feel softer however I think most of the fat has now absorbed back into my body. I read and my surgeon did say it could take up to 3 ops before you get the right results.

Sam and Jane, hope you're both keeping well and enjoyed your holidays, I'm back at work and mine seems like a distant memory now. We did have a fab time though! 

Love to you all

Tracy XXX

Nanny_Sal

Tara we will all be here to see you through your appointment next week xx😘

Tazzles

So glad to hear that, Sal. What a relief! I hope you get your other issue sorted.

I am stressing about my mammogram next Wednesday as I hate anything to do with hospitals. 

Less than two months to go till I leave work. I can't wait!

Love to all xx

Nanny_Sal

Thanks ladies, it's definitely a huge weight off my mind. I've got one more thing to deal with, not BC related! Then I can really start afresh! I think I did something really stupid and now I have to deal with the consequences 😕 

thanks for all the support. Wish you all lived nearer 😘 xx

alabamasam

Oh Sal that is fantastic news, now you can relax, recharge and get yourself ready for your new role.

So happy xxxxx

Sending love and also to everyone else, i have to update my password everytime i want to add a comment on here now and cannot access the forum at all from my phone. It tells me I'm not authorised to use the site, driving me mad :(. Anyway, i'm here now and happy for Sal's news

Love Sam xxxx