cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November starters

Daisy1975

Re: November starters

Hi all

Sue - just having a catch up - haven't deleted myself. Just lost touch whilst away with my wedding and honeymoon. I'm always so busy - haven't found time to even sit down and officially change my name yet!
Hope you're meet up went well. What did you do/where did you go (I know it was Manchester, but where in Manchester).
Sorry to see some of you are having worries. My mums worries never stop. Her bladder/bowels have never recovered. She keeps getting Urine infections every other week. They found inflammation in bladder - she has had biopsy to rule out cancer (or to confirm). Get results next week. Since the biopsy she has had other symptoms which the urology consultant said could be either a perforation of the bladder that they've made, or the bowel going into the bladder (?fistula) which could explain the infections. She is always in discomfort with it and now has a chest infection - of course I worry it's something worse.
Father in law on third round of chemo - bone marrow transplant in January if all goes to plan.
Xx
Babypink

Had a on and off night but think I was just worrying still about what to expect so a bit of broken sleep. Had a small bought of nausea so had some crumpets and tea. Back to sleep for a bit

Been busy all day with errands and things then had another bit of nausea so took a tanker and had something to eat which did he trick

Underlying this my Crohns is kicking in i think it's stress related and hope it settles down

Took dog for a walk and got some fresh air. Now relaxing on sofa

Hope you are all ok
waveylocks

Congrats Dawn on the job 😊😊 And am sure you'll have lots of fun looking for and bringing up that puppy. 

Amanda yes I'm planning on working beginning of Jan -by then surely they will have got the meds sorted!! You've done well doing three whole days -hope you're not too exhausted. Congradtz on the hair covering -mines slowly coming but still a bit baldy on top. It's very fine hair and still very pink! People stop me in the street to comment on my pink hair -rather amuses me & definately beats the White!!

Sue your hair sounds amazing -am jealous- wow fourth haircut -am with Amanda send a bit across here will you!! Well done on completing week 2 😊😊

Juks you amaze me your energy is fantastic -any surplus pass my way will you!! Am doing an hours walking daily -sounds so little in comparison to what you're up to!!! Lol...

Well done Babypink -you doing well 😊😊 Take it one day at a time (I used to just count down each round and not look at anymore than that -helped to keep me going. Xx 

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Hugs xxx 

riversidedawn

I had the same problem with massages December last year on a spa day, but have regular sports massage just avoid the arm!

Glad everyone's getting back to "normal" I got the job as exam invigilator - its a bit ad hoc with a couple of weeks January, then may-july and November/December mocks but will get me back into it and still get ESA if I stick to 12 hours a week.

Also looking for a puppy as I'm at home now!! That'll keep me on my toes.
rookie

Hi amanda, i know its safe for massages, i have them every week but i couldnt get thru to them at centre parks. She just kept going on about company policy. I tried explaining to her what they can & cant do to us but she was having none of it. So frustrating being treated like a leper !!!

Any way no worries ,now im home im back to having my regular massages & theyve started yoga classes so im a happy bunny 🙂  ive joined a gym & going swimming in the morning before work.  6 months ago would never have thought it possible. Such a long way we have come !!

Onwards & upwards, its over - we can only go forwards.  Love to all. Julsx

Babypink

Thank you Amanda10

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well

Team November!
Amanda10

Hi everyone
Looks like we all gradually starting back to work . I decided to do full days rather than half and did 3 this week. I work 8.20 til 5, it was tiring. As soon as I got in it was tea , bath, pjs and bed. I'm getting paid for all my hols for the year so that will help towards Christmas, then I will start a fresh from Jan. You start back Jan don't you Ange ?
Hope your return to work goes fine Caroline and the assessment so you can start your new job soon,
Dawn how did the interview go ? Hope your mammogram / results are ok.
Daffodilli hope work is going ok for you. You mentioned about rib pain. I get that too , I feel like an old lady some days full of aches and pains.
Glad you had a good time at centre parks juls. Shame about the massage. I went to a well being meeting last week and the lady who does the massage said it's perfectly safe to have them and she specializes in massages for cancer patients.
Sue your 4th haircut .... That's brill can you send a bit my way lol. I've got a complete covering now but it's still very short. I do feel blessed to have a bit though.
Baby pink hope you still feeling ok after your first chemo. Sending you lots of love.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend xxx Amanda 😘
Babypink

Hi all

Had my first chemo today and tried the cold cap. I won't deny I got a little anxious but it was based on the Unknown

Used the cold cap yes it's like brain freeze and not pleasant but not as bad as I thought. Lasted about half hour after that not a problem

Anti sickness was given one was odd felt like I had sat on a bunch of nettles the other gave me painful sinus. Both of which wore off after 15 mins. Apart from that it was oddly enough ok

However I'm not fooled by this as tomorrow is another day!
Codiesue

Hi all hope everyone ok, sorry to hear you too are having heart probs hope you get sorted soon. Hope work is going okay, just completed my second week well 7.5 hours is hardly a week but it quite suits me haha. Off for my 4th hair cut later it's very thick but growing slower in length so look like I have a rug on the top. Can't believe how fast this year has gone and all that we have been through, still suffering with aches and pains but otherwise okay.

Have a good weekend love Sue xx

waveylocks

Hi Caroline,

ooh wow -good luck with your return to work. You must be feeling somewhat nervous but good to get the all clear 😊 Good news reports seeing the Oc Doc -sounds like theyre wanting to cover their backs so they can say they've implemented everything recommended before you start 😊😊 Looking good! 

Glad you've got off the tamaxofen for a while -good for you!! 

So sorry to hear about the palpitations. That's what my heart was running at 130. Glad you've got the tests soon. I've rang the British Heart Foundation a couple of times -their helpline is staffed with cardiac nurses. Have found them really helpful and knowledgeable. Seems to be the practise that  Onc's liaise with cardiology & then GP implement the medication recommended.

If you do end up on an Ace inhibitor &/or a beta blocker, the BHF gave me a good tip -to ask GP what the next increase would be -to have up my sleeve if I develop symptoms during the weekend -great idea -am going to ask my GP if theyre agreeable to this so can hopefully avoid more trips to A&E!! (I still seem to need an increase weekly). They also suggested propping myself up if I get  palpitations during the night to sleep -easier for heart to pump if sat up apparently. Hmmm not keen on this -am a side sleeper. Might try raising my bed head end instead first! 

Big hugs, xxx 

hopalong

Afternoon all,

My 1st day at work will be Tuesday eek. Re new job had a call today to say I've got to have an assessment with an ocupational health Dr, and they have arranged it for Monday.

I also seem to have joined the palpitation club. I went for my 2nd zoladex injection last Friday, before giving it the nurse asked how I'd been and checked my obs. I mentioned I had noticed my ankles swelling and had felt a few palpitations during sweats but not consistently. My heart rate was 130 on obs. Next came 3 ecg's, bloods a registrar review a consultant review and a telephone discussion with a cardiologist. Cardiology have requested a 48hr ECG and an ECHO these are getting done in the next 2 weeks. I did though get the ok to have my zoladex eventualy so from last Saturday I haven't had any tamoxifen an feel less fatigued.

I've also done a Penny Brohn course over last 2 wednesdays didn't learn much on 1 st day but yesterday was informative we discussed emotions, relationships and practicle issues. I now qualify for a place on retreat in the Bristol head office, so may look into doing this next spring/early summer.

Hope everyone else is doing ok XX

waveylocks

OMG Sue -I had no idea!! Well am not a big drinker nor a regular one but I do like the odd tipple here and there. That's quite an increase of odds! 😓 This comes after my weekend with old friends when we did indulge in a spot of booze -must say far more than my norm. Oh well just cannot worry -there seems to be so many variables that I wonder how they can accurately predict this? Lol.....xxx

Codiesue

OMG I love my wine..........but if we listened to everything we wouldn't have anything, last week they decided we shouln't eat red meat! My BCN said if I stick to guidelines that is ok which in all honesty I do exceed............but don't know how a man weighing less than me can have more units???? I have done some research and it says it can increase the risk by 6% on some sites but others say each drink per day increases it by 12-18%..........not giving up got to have some pleasures. Red wine is supposed to protect against heart disease..............wish they would make their minds up. Sue xx

waveylocks

Evening everyone, 😊

Daffodil does it say no alcohol in the diet book because it's high in calories rather then anything else? Am on a beta blocker & Ramipril too -there are different strengths. How are you feeling? Have the effects of low blood pressure eased? My palpitations have returned at night so have booked another GP appointment -am guessing meds need a further tweak upwards. 

Hope your second week at work goes well Sue.

Goodluck too to Amanda -think you are returning to work this week?

Am pleased to say had a lovely weekend with my friends and haven't felt totally wiped out today -just a little tired. Yeah!! 

Hugs to all 😊😊 xxx 

Daffodilli

Has anyone got rib pain / tenderness mine seems to be getting worse?

Daffodilli

Crikey I didn't know about the danger of massages!! My mum has just sent me a recipe book the breast cancer diet book it says no alcohol! It's tricky this living after breast cancer thing!!

thank you waveylocks for your comments I didn't go into that trial . I'm on an ACE - ramipril

I've got an echocardiogram next Monday 

Codiesue

Hi girls hope you are all okay and have a good weekend. Been exceptionally wet here hardly stopped all weekend. Thanks Ange yes I have beeen tired but don't really know why hardly did anything. Slept late yesterday and today so should of caught up now. Back tomorrow but only same hours as last week. Glad your palpitations are settling that must of been scary for you.

Amanda hope you are feeling better and good luck with scan let us know how it goes. Caroline hope work goes okay then you can move forward with new job. Dawn how long wil you have to wait for mammo results? Hope not too long. Juls glad you enjoyed Centre Parcs I am looking forward to our visit over xmas, not going mention chemo/rads as not planning any treatments just doing the spa rooms and swimming.

Have a good week all Love Sue xx

waveylocks

Morning Everyone -& what a wet one it is too!! So cruising slowly!!

Thanks Caroline 😊 Seem to be settling down now.....helps now the meds have stopped the palpitations and I no longer feel like I've just done a 5mile run 24hrs/7

Have got some dear friends from college days staying with me this weekend -having a little reunion and visiting old haunts....wondering if having alcohol might be pushing things so soon -but fancy just living a little!!! Nothing in the meds leaflets (more like booklets these days...lol) that says not 😊😊

Glad you had  a fab break at centre parks Juls. Shame about the massage. I went for a treatment the other week and was dreading being asked that question but because I'd been before (though it was a few years ago) wasn't asked to fill any forms in  -so not forced into that dilemma of whether to lie or not. Mine was full body hot oils and salt scrub....mmmmm...lovely. All is fine so long as you don't have deep massage is my understanding so didn't feel guilty about not updating them.....

Sue I hope you're ok & not too wiped by the first week back.

Amanda hope youre felling better and the bug has gone or is on its way out. 

Have a a lovely weekend everyone!!

xxx 

rookie

Hi all, i see a few of you going through the mill !! Hope it all gets sorted. At least we are in the few that can get seen quickly due to our history over the last year !!!

Ive just had a lovely week in centre parks but couldnt have a massage. They wont allow. I wrestled long & hard with my conscience to tick the " no" box on the questionaire about having had chemo. I couldnt lie & argued big time with the manager about their pathetic reasoning why they wont do it. They believe the massage will trigger the cells to start developing again !!!! I really lost my rag with her, I knew it wasnt her fault but it is so annoying - making us feel like lepers. 

Apart from that it was a lovely week. Firework night was great & they were putting up the xmas deccys the same day - ready for you sue. 

Hope work is going ok. It'll get better the more you go & get into the swing of it.

Take care all.   Julsx

hopalong

Morning all,

Ange, don't be too hard on yourself in the words of the famous song Let it go!! You've had a lot to deal with over the last couple of weeks. Sue, well done 1 week down. Amanda sorry to hear of your hip pain. I too have this and just got a date for an MRI scan to check my muscles, tendons cartlidge as bones look ok, arthritic changes but not "bad enough" for hip replacement. Hope things are falling into place for everyone else. We just have to keep on plodding on.

I go for my 2nd Zoladex today and I can stop taking my tamoxifen for 2 months Yippee!!!

I've been to see GP today and after review by occy health and HR earlier in the week, I can return to work next week. Will be doing 2 x 4hr shifts week 1 and building up.

No further news on other job as I can't be assessed for new position by occy health until I am back in current job.

We are slowly but surely getting there. xx C

waveylocks

Lovely to hear from you Daffodil. Glad you're surviving work. Yes the fatigue and brain fog seem to be a common thread for for lots of us...lol. My memory is atrocious -need brain gym!! 

Sorry to hear that you are on the heart meds too. Are you on a ace inhibitor? Can they drop the dose a little if its dropping your blood pressure too low? You've done really well on the Herceptin rounds but don't fret if you have to stop. There is a third trial running in the uk comparing 9 to 18 lots of Herceptin -4000women in the uk are taking part. Half of them are only getting the nine. My Oncologist assured me that they wouldn't have been allowed to get to this stage unless there was very good evidence to show that a shorter cause would do no harm. I've done nine and not doing anymore.

Well done Sue 😊 You're nearly there with your first week back 😊 Yeah!! Hope you're not too exhausted.

I took myself to the Cavenidsh centre near me and blubbered with the lady doing the assessment....she was far far too understanding. Don't know what's got into me but blubbing is all I seem to do these last few days!! Comes on very unexpectedly! Anyway booked into relaxation classes and some Reiki. Need some gentleness in my life! xxx 

Codiesue

Hi daffodili, great to hear from you and yes shame you couldn't make the meet maybe next time as we are hoping to do it again. Today is the anniversary of my first chemo so this time last year I was vomitting for England....... sooooooo glad that is over!!! Thanks Ange, work okay only did 2.5 hours Monday and Wednesday  and tomorrow so just catching up reading policies etc. Got a new script for Letrozole so hoping the increased bone pain was due to different brand and will ease now. Hope everyone is okay Sue xx

Daffodilli

Hello everyone

i can see lots of residual issues that people are coping with. I saw Dawns post on Facebook of your meet up. I'm sorry I missed it. Life is tricky and busy. I'm back to work now and not doing to badly. I understand the brain fog!very well and get tired easily.  Waveylocks im sorry to see you have heart issues. I have also been started on a heart pill which is causing me to have low blood pressure my echo is showing a low ejection fraction. Next one on 16th November only 4more Herceptins to go. I'm hoping I will get to the end but it may be that I have to stop.

i can see that several of you have aches and pains. We have all come so far I can't believe when you look back a year and we were all starting chemotherapy it seems a dim memory now. I do remember it but the intensity of the memory is fading. Now we all are dealing with the what ifs still a long way to go I think. 

Hugs to you all xx

waveylocks

Sorry -forgot to say -well done Sue -first week back done? 😊😊

The trigger finger must be really annoying to say the least -can they do anything to make it go? I know what you mean abut bodies falling apart -that's exactly what I think!!

Xx

waveylocks

Hi Everyone,

Good luck with the interview Dawn. Fingers crossed.

sorry to hear about the hip groin pain Amanda -really good they're checking it out but you're bound to worry. I get chest pain & pain in the sternum -not sure whether it's the drugs, the coughing -se of drugs, treatment or something more sinister. 

Gosh you you all seem to be having Mammograms. I've been told April for me as it has to be a year from your op. That didn't stop them sending for me for one today & then telling me it was an error when I got there.....argggh. Also found out now been put under a different surgeon -mines left. Would have thought my case would be closed now on that front....haha excuse pun!! Xxx

Codiesue

Hi all, work okay Amanda but was really tired tonight. Not sure if you are on Tamoxifen or letrozole but that could be causing the pains. I am on Letrozole and have coped quite well with se's manageable but got different brand last time and for past week have felt really achy mainly in legs but aslo one hip and clavicle where i had rads. Rang GP and got another script so will take one from new pack tonight and hopefully it will ease. Good to get checked though just to be on safe side, I feel like I am falling apart somedays...GP now says I have trigger finger on my right hand too...bloody pain as I can't grip anything for more than a few seconds or my middle finger locks and I have to move it with other hand......horrible feeling. She never said it ws linked to anything.....just something else!

Good luck with mammo Dawn I have rung about ESA as only on phased return and we can work up to 16hours per week or earn up to £107 per week and still claim ESA anything over and it stops. They sent a form out asking what hours I would be working and how much I would earn...line maanager had to sign to say he was supporting back to work. Will ket you know whaat happens.

Hope everyone esle is okay....still worried about Daisy she seems to of deleted herself so doesn't look good XX

riversidedawn

Hi all, yes lots of aches and pains Amanda, especially in toe and finger joints, sometimes can hardly walk. But apparently down to wear and tear from my old karate days!!

I've got an interview tomorrow for a ad hoc exam invigilator post at my son's school, not sure how that will affect the ESA?

Mammogram next week, results the week after. Fingers crossed xx
Amanda10

Hi ladies
How is everyone doing? I went for my 3 month check last week and have been booked in for a bone scan as still having groin and hip pain 😞 also been in bed for five days with a bug :((((.
Is anyone else having joint/ bone pain?
How's work going sue hope you are settling back ok.
Ange hope you are feeling better now. I bet you are really looking forward to your sons wedding it's nice to have something to look forward to .
Dawn, juls, Caroline hope you all doing great.
Amanda 😘Xx
Codiesue

Hi girls....I did it not long home from my first day (well 2.5 hrs) back at work, to be honest it felt like I have only been off a few weeks but once I get to grips with all of the changes I am sure I will be ready to leave again haha. Not in until Wednesday pm now.

Enjoy centre parcs Juls can't wait until we go at xmas, xx 

waveylocks

Good for you Juls. It's our time to have fun and enjoy life 😊😊 Hope you have a fab break at centre parks. Normality for me is not far off -can feel it in my bones and 2016 is going to be a fab year (especially as my younger son is getting married!!) Am daily walking and hoping I'll be allowed to add a bit of swimming too soon.....

Hope the Haven Halloween do was fun Caroline -& u had a good knees up with all your friends, enjoying that celebratory bottle of champagne. Good for you being ready to move on & your new life beckons... 😊😊😊 Enjoy and good luck in your new job.

Good luck tomorrow Sue -first day back at work. Bet you'll love seeing all the little ones again &catching up with the rest of the staff. 

Sounds like you were able to offer much needed support and advice Dawn.

We have all made it through 😊😊 and are spreading our wings and if we aren't all off flying yet we soon will be!! Enjoy the flight!!

Hugs to everyone xx

rookie

Hi all. Isnt it good to know we are getting past it all.:)  good luck starting back to work sue. It will do you good, & it gets your mind off this wretched constant reminder. 

Hopalong, hope your haven "do" was a good one.

Im off to centre parks for a week with the kids & grandkids. Looking forward to it. Joined a gym as well to go swimming.  A year on & im getting back to normal !!

Take care everyone. Julsx

Codiesue

Hi girls.......hope everyone is okay, back to work tomorrow.............not sure I am doing the right thing but will give it a go...........no good having money and not being able to enjoy it!

I am worried about Daisy I think she has come off the forum, tried to pm her but saying name not recognised.....she was havinga difficult time with her FIL's diagnosis just as her Mum was getting better.

Good luck Amanda thin k you are going back tomorow too...............hope everyone else is okay......love Sue xx

riversidedawn

That sounds fun, have a great evening Caroline! Moving forward is great. Not sure I'm ready yet though I want to.

Today is my first chemo anniversary, spent 2 hours discussing chemo with Mollie's riding instructor whose mum starts next week.

Weird.
hopalong

Happy Halloween,

Read my diary last night, todays entry 2014. Completley exhausted, not in the halloween spirit and I love halloween, am hiding out in the house. This entry was 5 days after 1st chemo.

Fast forward a year and I am preparing for The Haven Charity Ball. I will be opening the champagne that my friends bought me with the strict instructions to "Open when everything is over" as 10 of us gather tonight.

I don't really know how I would have faired without their love, support and kick up the bum words when needed. Think I may have a speech and a few tears in me tonight.

Today I have gone through all those firsts, so as of November 1st I will endeavour to start my new life and leave cancer world in the box in my mind. Will pop on this thread, read and comment but that will be it, won't be reading any other threads. Thanks moderators and BCC for your help too.

Take care all xxxx

waveylocks

Evening Everyone,

Sorry to hear about the hip pain Caroline. Hope the MRI scan shows up the issue & the team can then plan a way forward. Fingers crossed re your job -think you're right bound to be waiting for Occy report before they commit.

Amanda am so glad you've have a fab hol 🙂 Much deserved after all that treatment. Can understand wanting a long weekend but if you do get fatigued am sure they'll adjust as you go along. It is difficult to judge these things ahead and they should be flexible.

Am signed of work until mid Jan because of the frustrating heart thingy.....hoping they'll get it resolved soon as I need the money!! Xx

hopalong

Hi all, I've been reading but can't seem to log in if not on computer.

I've had a busy couple of weeks and struggling again with fatigue. I've also had a few sleepless nights due to hip pain. I had an urgent orthopeadic review last week and have been booked in for MRI, possible ligament/cartlidge issue.

In regards to job have put in occupational health form and just waiting to hear. I have a pre booked occy health review on Monday for present job which I put on form so maybe they are waiting for that, then union and management meeting on Thursday so still keeping fingers crossed.

Ang glad you have managed to sort out a review, Amanda good luck with your return to work. I can atest to brain fog there is an article about it published recently.

Take care all xC 

Amanda10

Hi Ange
Holiday was brill thank you got some lovely weather. I went for the work meeting today I asked to do mon tue wed to start they wanted me do mon tue Friday but I want a long weekend lol so they have agreed. So do you start after Christmas ? It's all at bit mind boggling at first isn't it. I've still got groin and hip pain as well so seeing onc next week.
Will we ever feel normal ... Not that I was normal before lol :))) but you know what I mean xxx
waveylocks

Thanks Amanda. They've told me today they think I do need Cardiology involvement -bit relieved as its been a bit scary/lary! Appointment with Onc on Tuesday so not escaped yet!! 

How was your hol?

How was the meeting? Were they supportive? Just wondering as you mention you need a change. xx 

Amanda10

Morning all
Sorry to hear you have had another trip to hospital Ange , I'm hoping that the heart problem rights itself as soon as possible.
The smear sue yuck had mine a few weeks back not pleasant are they. Hopefully the gel will work for you.
Juls sounds like you had a fab time at centre parks ... No computers mobiles etc sounds great. How's work going are you on full time hours yet? I have to go in for a meeting today .
Caroline have you heard when you start your new job yet?
Dawn have you found anything you fancy doing? I think I need a change.
Hope all you other ladies are doing ok. Tracey hope your chemo is going ok. Daisy if you still pop on send love to your mum .
Amanda xx
Codiesue

Thanks Ange, will ask about that if next attempt with pain killers fails:-(. My ONC also said there is now evidence to prove that chemo does not have any long term effects on the brain.........GP said having chemo is simialar to a brain injusy and you have to retrain it to do things!!! xx

waveylocks

Thanks Sue -am assured it will so finger crossed. Think your GPs being rather ignorant re the brain fog. It's a recognised condition. Does having little frequent breaks help? I don't know much about it except through my friend. 

Ouch poor you re the smear. 😓 There is a gel they can put on locally that increases moisture down there -not sure if you are allowed it as it does contain some low amount of Estrogen. But there was certainly talk about it being considered for use for such occasions. Might be worth investigating? It was on the radio with one of those GP presenters. Xx 

Codiesue

Hi Ange, sorry to hear you have had another ambulance visit hope it rights itself soon. No not on hol, IV antibiotics was few weeks ago when they though I had cellulitis in boob. GP reckons my brain will sort itself once I am back at work and using it I am not that confident haha. Had to stop nurse with smear it was really hurting me and I am not a wuss just felt like it was tearing me apart, brought tears to my eyes ....and hers! Bet it's this bloody letrozole and lack of oestrogen! Promised I would have another go in a couple of weeks .....will take some strong pain killers first. Out to lunch again later ........everyday this week lots of firends working in schools so half term is always busy xx 

waveylocks

Morning Everyone,

Glad you had a good extended hol Sue -though wetter then you'd have picked. What's with the four lots of IV antibiotics? Was that whilst you were on hol? Hope not!! The brain fog thing must be really frustrating -a friend of mine suffers with this since her treatment -she says it is slowly improving with time...lol. Wishing you good luck with your return to work

Not sure about being 'lucky' being off work -have felt really ill. Ambulance took me into hospital night before last as my heart was going like the clappers and blood pressure through the roof despite heart meds. Bit scary at the time!! Now doubled the heart meds plus beta blocker and feeling bit better this morning -so fingers crossed there is no repeat. Hanging onto the Onc words saying should repair in time -hope so. All part of life's rich tapestry and all that. Lol... 

Glad everyone else is doing really well and back on track. Yeah!! This year we should all be able to celebrate Christmas properly!! Sorry for the mention of it but I just love that time of the year. Hugs xx 

Codiesue

Morning all hope everyone is okay? Had a good but eventful holiday, weather very mixed with a few storms and torrential rain but lots of laughs (think my bladder needs sorting) haha. Then flight cancelled on Thursday night so put us up in a hotel for another date........very good as now have 400 euros compenastion each! Holiday did me good though and feel a bit more like facing work next week......well only 7.5 hrs a week for first month so think I can manage that although still not sure my brain is up to it still feel really puddled some days and after telling ONC I had had 4 lots of IVF the other week( mean't IV antibiotics) haha I asked some one if they took strain pong killers while I was away (strong pain killers) it's just the bit between my brain and my mouth.

Ange ...off till after xmas lucky you give you time to get your heart sorted hopefully. Juls that sounded lovely a week on your own in a cabin really chilled. Amanda glad you had a good holiday too and hopefully feel able to face work now. Caroline any furyher with new job? Dawn have you had any luck on job front yet seen anything you fancy?

Have to go now got an appt with GP in 40 mins for fit note etc and the smear......lovely can't wait haha.

Love to all Sue xx 

rookie

Hi all, glad the hols have gone ok. I went away to a log cabin for a week on my own - no mobile signal so just did as i pleased all week. Pampered & swam every morning, was great. I thought i was resonably fit till i did a few lengths of the pool!!!! I ached after the first day. I must take up swimming again. I felt good after a week of that. Now back to work for a week then off again to centre parks.

Amazing how we've got thru the year & come out pretty unscathed at the other end !

Onwards & upwards.  Take care, hugs to u all.      Julsx

waveylocks

Morning Everyone,

So glad you had a lovely hol Amanda and got the fitness note sorted. Yeah!! Hope the return to work is a smooth one.

Hope you you had a good hol Sue too.

Well the jury's in and Onc said no more Herceptin. I could have been on the trial comparing 12/ 6 months only that is ongoing currently in the uk so he called a halt. Am relieved in all honesty. 😊😊 So a question of titrating the heart meds as high as poss and waiting for the recovery to occur. GP signed me off until Jan. Xx 

Amanda10

Morning ladies
Thank you for your help re fit note. I've got an appointment on 30th and should be starting back beginning Nov. Just back from hols had some really hot days, a nice place for some end of year sunshine.
Tracey I didn't have the cold cap they don't recommend it at my hospital . I just had the cold mits on hands and feet. This helped me keep my nails and have not experienced pins and needles.
Re teeth I had one filling after treatment . The dentist said I was lucky to get away with just one as the chemo can be very damaging to them .
Hoping you all get the herceptin issues sorted and that eventually we are all free of these aches and pains xx
waveylocks

Hi Tracey,

Definately recommend the cold cap.... Though it did not work for me am afraid. My hair fell more or less completely out in the first run and was finished off on the second cold cap. Was told fine hair doesn't work as well so the nurses weren't surprised....though the unit was a great advocate for cold cap. So yes I did 'give up' to quote you Dawn but for good reason-because I had no hair left!! Sorry but took unbridgeable to the unfortunate phrase 'giving up' as that's not in my nature! 😊 Types of chemo also affect outcome. 

By the way if you can Tracey take frozen pineapple to suck on during and after chemo -helps to prevent mouth sores. There are some thoughts that keeping your mouth cold during chemo being given is a bit like cold cap....if you can stand it!! A chemo nurse told me about it. 😊😊 Xx 

marli

Hi Tracy - I used the cold cap and was delighted that it worked so well, only thinned a little and I filled in those parts with a special powder. You really need to want to do it to put up with the discomfort, although it was nowhere nearly as bad as I had expected.I had lost my hair 6 years ago so was keen to keep it.  You also need the staff to be on your side ! Mine were fab and really worked hard to help me but I have read of a couple of ladies where their nurses were uncooperative.

As long as the cold cap is suitable for your sort of chemo I would advise giving it a go. Try reading some of the threads on cold capping as there is loads of useful info on them.

Goood luck. Marli x

riversidedawn

Hi Tracy - you want the November 2015 Chemo9 Starters thread. This one is 2014 starters!! A few of us cold capped, 2 very successful (incl me), 1 thinned on top and another gave up -- I think that's accurate. Personally I think it's definitely worth it.