Now what???

Hi all. I’ve just been told this week I have breast cancer. Other than that I know no more. My next appointment is tomorrow to discuss it further and talk about my treatment. I know I’m going to start with chemo in the new year and i have a CT scan next Monday plus a bone scan on the 5th January. All I know is I’m scared and cant stop crying.

Dear Tan,

You will find many wonderful people on these forums, who can all understand that feeling of panic, and in different ways are going on parallel journeys, but helping each other through.

with very best wishes for your appointment tomorrow

J

Thank you

Hi Tan, I found the worst part mentally was waiting to find out results and treatment plans. It is a scary journey and it is allowed to be scared and to cry. My advice is not to measure yourself against how others deal with it. Some take it on the chin and some crack. My friend never once cried on her 2 year journey. Me? In the last 2 months I have caused severe flooding in Kent with my tears. Take care x

Kentstar. I have cried more since Monday than in the last year I think! I’m trying so hard to stay positive. Everyone tells me I’m a fighter so they must be right eh? I’m ok in company then go to pieces on my own or with hubby. I live in Germany at the monent so telephoning my parents was so hard. Would of much preferred the face to face option if I’m honest. I know nothing is going to change much until I start chemo in January but I just feel like its all going too slowly.

Hello tan x just wanted to offer my support - I’ve been a real cryer late at night and early morning x I’ve learnt slowly to just ride out the emotions - it’s a lot to take in - I was diagnosed start of December and have had several weeks of tests and waiting for results but we do masectomy in January andvthen go from there - day at a time x we all dig deep with this one x hugs sarah

Hi tan,  I think we need a tissue subsidy.  Xxx

Sneaks up on you the emotional overload. 

Ive just had my surgery,  but supposed to have chemo in the new year so maybe we’ll be there together.  

Waiting for information and results and plans you dont get to make is horrible, hopefully they’ll get moving fast which really helps. 

Its a hideous shock.  These boards and having all these amazing women to talk to is such an important thing.it helps so much to share the load. 

Xxx

Hugs

Sandie

Thanks ladies. I saw the consultant on Friday - always weird having a translator there too - but things are moving and I’m feeling a bit better about things now I know what’s happening. CT scan tomorrow then in for my Porto Cath the week of Jan 5th and chemo starts the week after. The Germans are nothing if not efficient! Thank you for your replies. Its nice to know I have others to talk too x