Numb tongue

Hi I am currently ploughing through my Taxol treatment (5 out of 9) and my tongue feels as though I have scalded it with a very hot drink.
After reading some threads I know that tastebuds dessert you bit my tongue actually feels numb. Despite cleaning my teeth and using the corsodyl( which makes me heave) my mouth still feels like the bottom of a bird cage.
It is not stopping me eating but just can’t taste anything properly even my beloved chocolate!!!
I am feeling low at the mo as treatment just seems to be so drawn out. I know I am at week 15 out of 18 but am just getting so fed up. I just feel tired all the time. I understand that this is something you go through but am still finding it hard to accept I think.
Along with this I have been thinking about my mum who died 48yrs ago this Dec with the same as I am going through. I know that it is a long time but this year it is more poignant as I am having treatment that she never got. (No Chemo then). Sorry.

I do try to look on the positive side most days but it is getting harder. The most positive thing I feel and see is that my hair is growing back and as it grows very quickly normally I believe I can see it getting longer every day lol.
Sorry about the rant as well as the question, just needed to get it off my chest. Xxx

Hello, just a horrid side effect is all. Some say to suck boiled sweets but other than that I don’t know what to suggest xxx

I lilibet
Are you 5 out of 6 not 9? I have had 5th out of 6th which is next week and my tongue and taste has been awful. Im finding chewing gum is good and ginger and lemon cordial in water. Ice lollies like Mango soleros help but only whilst eating. Fruit smoothies also good and mourheash I cant use Corsodyl…I use Diphlam a green mouthwash given by chemo nurses or Gp. I must say im frustrated too about rhe lack of taste of food but at least its last treatment next week.xx

Hi, i too had a 'burnt ’ numb mouth tongue on Doxetaxol with no taste. I would mention it to your team as I had extreme reaction to both Doxetaxol and paclitaxel and my chemo needed to be changed.
I did find sparkling water helped a bit, but its awful the treatment is brutal at times. X

Hi Lillibet, my friend had the weekly tax and 3 before the end i remember her saying she just felt so impatient to finish and just wanted it done!!

I cant help with the numb tongue but after 1 docetaxol.my tastcand tongue have been yuk!

I hope you can enjoy your week.off and feel.better soon xxc