cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbness

8 REPLIES 8
caz35

Re: Numbness

I had some lymph nodes removed with my breast and it all seems quite numb. Thanks for saying about the sweat glands and radiotherapy. I have not been sweating on either side. I just thought it was because I have not actually done much exersise. It is a good side affect at least. Will have to test it out fully during the summer to see if it lasts!

Weetricia1

I had two ops in April last year and still feel numb.I just tell folk that if they want to punch me they should aim for the upper right arm as I won't feel it.:-)

cherub

I had a lot of the feeling back after 6 months, but I find it comes and goes. I don't sweat on that side either, but the other armpit makes up for it! I did read somewhere that rads can kill off or suppress the sweat glands.

techy

Hi!!
I had my op, with several lymph nodes out nearly 2 years ago, numb and impossible to shave because I couldn't feel how hard / soft the pressure of the razor was! It is coming back, had a very itchy session 2 or 3 months ago which must have been things waking up again! Only advantage is that it never smells! No deodorant needed!
cx

cottoneyedjo

Thanks very much for your replies.

Luckily this is my only worry following surgery (touch wood). So I guess I can live with it if I have to.

Jo xxx

justme

It does improve a little, I think (unless we just get used to it), but I'm afraid some numbness is permanent :(((

xxx

josyemarie

Hi,I had aux clearence in '04.I've never had any problems with my arm but underarm is still very numb.

everydaymatter

hi there,

i had all nodes removed last year, i too have numbness, but thankfully very little pain. (lots of lymphodema though) i dont think the numbness goes, but im just grateful, having them removed hopefully has stopped the cancer cells being able to spread. i hope you find a way of coping with this.

take care x

cottoneyedjo

Numbness

Hi

I had nodes removed from under my arm in June '08. It is still numb under my arm. Does feeling ever come back? If so how long does it usually take?

Thanks
Jo