O2 mobile phone contract

I’ve spent today sorting out my finances, arranging paperwork for claiming my pensions early in a lump sum, arranging appointments with advisors, cancelling subscriptions. More to do tomorrow, as my income will seriously drop soon. I really need my mobile, as I’m going to have to cancel my landline, which is very overpriced, but where I live there is no alternative supplier. I still have over 15 mths left on my mobile phone contract. I do have insurance, but can’t find the paperwork. Has anyone used phone insurance to cancel contract fee with a secondary diagnosis? In other words, turn it into pay as go with no mthly fee? Any other money saving tips out there?!

Hi imac55. Sorry to hear about your situation and I’m assuming that your dx is not great news. I would start by speaking to your mobile company’s customer service and explain the situation, if you are comfortable talking about it. You might be surprised at how sympathetic they can be. It’s so stressful worrying about your finances when you’re struggling with BC and I really feel for you. If you don’t get any joy from them, try going to the CAB and see if they will talk to them on your behalf. Sending you virtual hugs and thinking of you xx

You’re welcome. It’s always worth contacting those organisations that you make payments to, credit catds, rates, gas/electricity to ask if you can spread your payments over a longer term. In my experience they are usually very sympathetic. I don’t know if you have a mortgage but if you do you could ask your lender to give you a payment ‘holiday’ unril you get sorted. The mpst important thing is to stay in contact with them. Debt counselling services can also be very helpful for people who just need some financial advice to reorganise things, not just for people in debt. You can tell I’ve had some experience of all this! Which part of the country are you in? X Francine