OFF Topic....Black Ticks and Lyme Disease

This is long but please read through and store it in the back if your head. You might help someone. I want to talk to you about Lymes Disease. It is on the rise every year in the USA. It was first discovered in a town called Lyme in the state of Connecticut. It is  usually transmitted by this extremely small black tick called a deer tick. These deer ticks are carried by deer and other animals.  This tick is so small that you can barely see legs on it! It is in the UK but you have very few cases of it compared to us and  a lot of people haven’t heard about it. It is treatable with 30 days of antibiotics. Some people CNN harbor it for life! The most notorious symptom is a bulls eye rash at the site of the bite. Although some don’t get the rash. It causes extreme joint pain, tiredness, fevers, etc. Sometimes you get false negatives with the test. It can take repeat testing for it to finally show up. You need to push yiur doctors if you get a  negative testing. I’m bringing this up bc my 5 year old great nephew had been sick and his mom found a deer tick under his male bits. 

My daughter has had Lymes 3x and our dog had it once. The first 2x my daughter had the normal bulls eyes rash at the bite. The 3rd time she reacted differently. She had small bulls eyes rash all over her whole body and it was very itchy. Her bulls eyes rash before never itched. This time the Dr though t she was having an allergic reaction to the sun bc of a medicine she was on or a fungal infection. He put her on an anti fungal by mouth. The rash disappeared and we all thoughtt she was  better.

Two months later I was talking to one of my UK cancer buddies that I met on here, but we had a little private site too. She posted that her daughter was a gardner and had got bit by a tick and was ill. Her Dr diagnosed her as having Well’s disease. I looked up Well’s disease because I hadn’t heard of it. I didn’t think it matched her symptoms. I looked up Lymes to refresh my memory. Well, when I did I found the rash could be all over your body and itchy. We had only heard of the bulls eye. I took my daughter the next day for testing. The test came back positive for lymes. I also found out that the rash can go away without treatment but the disease will still be there. I also looked up if Lymes was in the UK. My source said yes, but not a lot. I told my friend about it, her daughter went back to the Dr. He didn’t kniw about Lymes, but tested her for it. Yes,  she had Lymes. This was probably about 10 years ago, so maybe you all know about Lymes now. 

My great nephew had the round rash all over his body like my daughter. Unfortunately, I hadn’t talked to my niece in a couple weeks or I could have told her this. 

Sorry this is so long! F2F

Thanks for the warning post, ff. Yes, we definitely have it in the UK. I don’t think it is currently as prevalent as in America, which means doctors seem to not really know about it. I don’t think they would do automatic testing for it, although I believe you can get some really nasty side effects from it. I think there have been some fairly high-profile persons who have had it for a long time and have only quite recently been diagnosed.

It is always worth spreading the news.

Hugs. Barton.x

My sister in law in France got a tick ( in her boob) developed flu like symptoms and then dx with Lyme disease …had months of anti biotics and is ok now though.
Nasty horrid things.