OVER!!!!!!!

Well, thank you so much for the help you have each offered. I’ve been reading through this thread and will continue to do so but…I have good news!

When the rad onc saw the soreness of my chest area – it is peeling now – he cancelled the two more rads boosters I had coming. Tuesday was supposed to be my last day … but as it turns out Friday was! I had 33 treatments and he felt there was no need to make things worse and taking off for a whole week would hamper the timing.

Thank you … thank you…thank you. I will continue to use the Xeroform pads and the SilverDene. But with no more radiation, the chest area should heal more quickly. They told me that the severity of my reaction wasn’t due to the cream, or lack of any particular cream, it was because they were radiating the chest wall and there is no longer a breast there to buffer or block rads, it gets full exposure. So to speak… so fell somewhat better. They told me come in on Thursday for a skin check…prob infection check might be a better explanation. And then I am free till January!

What can I say…besides thank you to all you wonderful women…but WOO HOO!!!

Emily
xxx

YES YES YES !!!

brilliant news , happy in your happiness!!!

may your healing go on strength to strength

Chris x

Well done Emily!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am so pleased for you, it must be a wonderful feeling to get it over with!!

I am still right behind you, I start rads next Monday, I have had a seven week break between mastectomy and rads and am having 20 sessions, so hopefully wont be too bad.
Unfortunately I was dx with lymphodemia yesterday , it came as a bit of a shock, but like everything else in our lives have just got to get on with it!! I have also started Herceptin

We have a holiday booked just ten days after rads finishes so have to get well for that!!

What are you having in January?

Enjoy your well earned rest!

Take care,
Love,
Jan x

well done Emily Jane - that’s wooonderful news … enjoy!!!
love FBxx

Congratulations Emily Jane…time now to recover. Hope its a fast one!

Anita

thank you… I am pulling for you all too
it will be done soon

Jan - I truly hope you don’t follow in my footsteps and just sail right through rads…it has been done!
sending good thoughts your way for sure…getting exciting isn’t it?

Fizbiz-- been following your threads too on Rads, you are right about there so much luck to you!

Thanks dipstick – tossing the good feelings right back at you.

Emily
xxx

ok, I must say it
is they can do laser surgery, why can’t they figure out a better and more targeted approach to radiation?
it is so harsh…you’d think they would come up with a less intensive treatement

if i were any good at math whatsoever, I’d attack this problem!

I’M DONE TOO!!!

Really sorry to learn you have lymphoedema Jan - hope it doesn’t affect you too badly

Come on girls - you can do it!!!

congratulations WestsideSue

you must be a happy bunny
Chris x

WELL DONE SUE!!!

Im so pleased for you, its like graduation day!! Now you can get back into the real world!

My lymphoedema isn`t too bad, funny it started right after a hand massage at a bcc pamper day!! I have to wear a sleeve but the good news is that golf is a recommended exercise for it,
along with swimming and keeping my weight down…looks like I have a very healthy lifestyle ahead!

Have a wonderful weekend…you deserve it!

Love Jan x

Well done Sue … have fun!
love FB xx

Congrats all you triumphant rads warriors!

Following very soon…

L x

congratulations, it must be a wonderful feeling!!

Hi girls,

I`M ALL FINISHED TOO!!!

I am having twelve of my closest friends round for dinner tonight to celebrate…wish you could see the size of my dining room it will certainly be cosy!!!

Take care,
Love,
Janx

Have a great night Toronto and well done.

I finished yesterday too, and am feeling a teensy bit tired… from the Cava we drunk :slight_smile:

Tonight we go see the new Bond movie.

Isn’t it great just to do normal things.

Angie

Congrats Jan - hope you had a really good time

Congrats to you too Angie - hope you enjoyed the movie!

I bought the drinks at my local pub to celebrate - and if people wanted to buy me a drink back, I said I’d rather they put money in my tin (Maggie’s Centre) - no idea what was raised yet. Also paid for the fireworks at our local bonfire this year - and they had a donations tin for Maggies too - so I think Maggie’s might have done quite well out of this!

It’s so LOVELY not to have medical appts all the time, isn’t it?

Here’s to us wresting our lives back from the medical profession!

Sue xxx

I second that Sue!!
Hope its all going well, are you sore after rads? I am in agony!! But its great to be free!!

Congrats Angie,
Isn`t it the best feeling!
Know how you felt after the Cava , it took me two days to get over Saturday but it was worth it!!
We are going to see the movie tomorrow.

Take care,
Love,
Jan x

Hi Jan - sorry you are in agony, but it’s GREAT to be free!

I’ve been pretty much ok, apart from finding little blackened things in my bra and then realising it’s my skin! I have a pad underneath my breast to keep the boob from the body, and I think that helps reduce discomfort whilst out and about.

Och well - out on the ran-dan tonight, should be good!

You take care
love
Sue xx