1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2016 starters

Sus12

Re: October 2016 starters

Hi Gracie. You'll probably just eat what you feel like eating as you can go off some foods or normal portions. Smaller snacks/ meals seem to work better. You'll find what works for you. As you have lymph nodes removed in both your arms then make sure they only take any blood pressure readings from your leg due to the issue of lymphodema.
Hoping all goes well for Weds. And hopefully the port will work well for you. It's better when you start despite the fact that none of us want to actually be doing it!
Lots of hugs,
Sue xx
Gracie

Hi Ladies. So sorry for those of you who are having a hard time. I wish I could say I felt left out....but no, I would really give it a miss if I could. However, I'll be starting on Wednesday with the first of 4 fortnightly EC, and then 4 fortnightly Taxol.

I had my port fitted last Thursday, so am hoping that's Good to Go on Wednesday. The surgeon who fitted it warned me that they can move or tip sideways, particularly in the (ahem) "larger" ladies, so as I'm fairly well endowed in the booby department, I'm now fretting that it's tipped sideways and they can't use it. Ive had a full clearance of lymph nodes on one side and sentinel nodes removed on the other side, so I'm not keen on my arms being used, and the thought of my legs/feet being in used scares me witless. 

I toyed with the idea of fasting, but couldn't square that with needing to eat for the steroids, so I'm low carbing with the hope that I'll be in ketosis for a few days around each treatment. I have a headache already!

Actually, I just want to get on with it now.

Gracie x

swampy1901

Hi assariti45

I'm on Day 14 but I am cold capping. I'm also being really careful with my head and hair. I have had some tingling sensations but am avoiding washing my hair frequently - I used to be an every other day hairwasher but dropped that to every three days and longer if I'm hanging about the house.

I have already had my hair cut shorter which means no tangles to worry about and in general just trying not to fiddle with it. In general much as I would faff with my hair for ages in the morning when getting ready for work after that I would leave it alone all day - so no real change there then lol!!

You seem to have been through the mill for your first chemo regime - if it's not one thing it's another. Your local pharmacy would be able to suggest something for the piles. I was constipated for a while but senna sorted that after a few days but I too had small amounts of bleeding because it was so sore but this is easing off just by applying E45 on a tissue after doing the business!! It's a shame your GP won't prescribe without seeing you - a quick chat with my doctors receptionist has so far resulted in prescriptions when I have needed them without taking up her time with unnecessary appointments when it has been on the recommendation of the chemo nurses.

Hopefully you will start to pick up and feel better soon - when you feel a little more like yourself - it's much easier to cope with stuff and stick a smile on your face!Smiley Happy

assaritti45

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing? 

I am now day 13 since chemo, has anyone lost there hair yet or started to?

Been a&e twice so far, passed out on day 5 and then throat infection a week later. almost finished antiotics but of course they caused thrush and now have piles due to direrreah  it wont stop beeding I had the hopsital check them and confirm its that but they gave me nothing so suffering. where i have the boys home from school i dont really want to drag them doctors and i know my gp wont give me nothing without seeing me. Anyone else had piles yet?

take care all xxx

Sus12

Hi Angie. Glad you're feeling better :). I'm only on day 3 and not feeling too great. Still nauseous but managing to eat a bit and have fluids so not too bad. I felt so sick this am I phoned the out of hours contact number at the hospital and they said if I'm struggling with the nausea they can get me an anti sickness injection to try and get on top of it as she said we dont have to suffer! Def agree re the shin. Not good to leave anything like that. Hope you get it sorted asap mum of many. We need to take care of ourselves and def not feel guilty for doing so for once!
I'm glad we decided to get married before the chemo started or I would def not be while on chemo I've now experienced! :D.
We're having a quiet night in on the sofa tv watching tonight as we're usually down at the village pub but I'm not up to it. Hoping that by next weekend I'll be up to going out a bit more. Very tired and generally weird wobbly feeling today. Legs and arms not working very well lol. I'm banned from working too as I teach in a special school with children who have a number of life challenging illnesses and littlies who catch everything going. Missing it terribly as I absolutely love my job so finding it very very hard :).
Hope everyone has a better week.
Hugs, Sue xx
Angywd

Hi everyone

mumofmany please contact the hosp re your shin, red and hot suggests infection which needs to be dealt with asap.  Don't feel bad about calling the chemo line, I was the same...waited hours on Sunday with a high temp and dizziness before calling them and ended up back in hosp.

well I'm day 8 and had my best nights sleep so far... 7 hours is a record for me!  

One thing I have noticed is that my temp is up nearly all the time.... But I'm feeling better by the day.  Not sure if it is likely to continue like this through to chemo round 2 but lets hope so!!

hope every is having a good weekend and not feeling to poorly to enjoy a little of the sunshine ☀️

Im glad I'm not the only one feeling 'banished' from work as well!

Hugs

Angie

xxx

swampy1901

Hi maryminder

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough but you need to be gentle with yourself. To begin with your body is throwing up all sorts of reactions and it's hard to know what to do with yourself - whether to treat yourself with generic treatments or call your chemo department.

I'm now on Day 12 and although some side effects are still there - they have either reduced or I've just toughened up lol!! So whereas last week long planned events have had to be cancelled because I couldn't cope or felt too ill - this week although near the end of my riskier week for infection - a meal out with mums and daughters for a Dirty Dancing themed evening is happening and a weekend away to my sisters is planned for half term. So far I have missed out on a Wedding reception and long planned Theatre night out - but they really don't matter if you can't handle them at the time. My first evening after chemo - you could have told me I'd won 162M on the lottery and I wouldn't have cared because all you care about is how you feel at the time which is beyond iller than ill!!

So look after yourself and don't feel guilty if you are laid low or unable to cope - it will improve and try and plan for something nice -even if you do have to move the goalposts!! 

Sharz

Hi everyone. I had my first chemo on 14th had a bit of sickness on Tuesday but a call to hospital and more tablets given all ok .t Today I had my last injection which was not as bad as I thought having to do that myself .My tastes have changed and I have gone off tea but everything else is going well. I even went out last night. 

I hope this continues but I am very positive about it all anyway . It's nice to come on here and see how everyone is getting on I have seen on here that people start to loose their hair round about day 15 so let's wait and see.... Wigs and scarves all ready and waiting .  Stay strong and positive everyone we will get through this . Sharz

maryminder

Hi all

Five days after first EC session I had my best nights sleep 12 hours straight through, woke at 8.30 and feel the worst i've felt all week, took temp which was 37.3, took it again 20 minutes later and was on the way down so ok there. Feeling quesy but not sick just very out of sorts really, am spending the rest of the day on the sofa and see how it goes, drinking plenty and trying to eat snacks rather than a meal but everything today tastes different as well.

Hopefully will feel better tomorrow and get out for a walk.

Hugs and best Wishes Mary xx

Sel84

Hi sue,
Thank you for the advice. I have been feeling nauseous, the tablets help a little, I have also had some chills and flushed cheeks but my temperature seems to be OK. Holing I can get out and about this weekend x
suebond88

Morning Sue,

thank you for your advise - I will check with my nurse about the Gcfs injections.  In the meantime the antibiotics have kicked in an di'm drinking plenty.  My nurse is great and rang me twice yesterday 👍

1 down 5 to go.....

hope everyone has a good weekend

SueBxxx 

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Sel84,

everyone reacts differently to their chemo. You are likely to be on steroids at the moment, which is great. When you stop taking them, you may feel more tired - however if you are not feeling nauseaus now, you may be able to avoid it for the rest of this cycle. 

Please be aware of consitpation - if you have not 'been' for 2 days then it might be an idea to take Senna to help things along.

Hugs

Sue xx

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Suebond88,

Sorry to read that you have systitis. And you are right - it is the E in the FEC, which is very hard on the kidneys and urinaty tract.

I am also prone to cystitis hance my oncologist put me onto the Gcsf injections. Those together with drinking plenty every day got me through my 6 FEC treatments without cystitis.

Hope the antibiotics sor it soon.

I would suggest to discuss with your bc nurse and oncologist that you are prone - to see whether they might findways for you to avoid those infections.

Hugs

Sue xxx

Mumofmany

I have got a spot/sore on my shin that has become red and hot should I ring chemo line or just treat it as a spot I'm paranoid about what I need to report and what is just normal x
Auntyjulie

Thank you Angie and Sue for your advice, love the diary idea and have looked at the chemo buddy too, will deffo do both (I'm normally quite organised so that suits me well) I'm also off work, I work in an open call centre. Life changing, like upside down! Not sure I've accepted it fully yet, I built up a lot of courage to get on here (was diagnosed 22nd Sept) I am quite interested in an holistic approach to complement my conventional treat and had some lovely reiki today. Thanks for your help xx
Sus12

Thanks Dawn for your advice. I have been trying to eat small snacks of what I can cope with every now and then. I've been given some cyclizine tablets as extra to take with my other sickness meds to try and get on top of the nausea but nothing is helping. Just got to sit it out and hope that it goes soon :(. I've got outdoors briefly today with our lovely black lab in the fields in the evening sunshine which did me a lot of good :). Hope your sickness goes soon Sue B and that the antibiotics work too.
Sel I totally understand your feelings about the thought of all the drugs. It really made me anxious before and on my first day of chemo. Before this I didn't even want to take paracetamol! However, my thinking is that these drugs are helping us to beat cancer and we won't be on them for ever.
Hugs Sue xx

suebond88

Hi Sel84,

had my first FEC on Tuesday, started to feel fuzzy headed, tired and nauseous as the day went on...it was around 11.30 when my infusion started.

we're all different and reactions vary.  Today I'm still nauseous but the fuzzy headiness  has gone, still tired though. Bout of cystitis this morning so a quick trip down to surgery.  Fingers crossed you stay se free.

xx

Sel84

*trying not to
Sel84

Hi,
I had my first FEC session today and so far don't feel too bad, I feel a bit nauseous and have taken one of the meds. Is it normal to feel OK on the first day? I almost feel like I am waiting for the other side effects to kick in but I know everyone is different. The thing that is effecting me more is on the psychological side, I hate the thought of having all these awful drugs inside me and it does make me feel anxious so I am trying to to think like that. x
OldDawn63

Sue/ everyone else suffering severe nausea - please do take care if you are drinking a lot but are unable to eat much, particularly if you are also being sick or have diarrhoea, because your sodium levels could get dangerously low. This has happened to me on two occasions following my first and third FEC treatments, and both times l had to be admitted to hospital as an emergency (the first time it also caused cerebral oedema). The warning signs if your sodium levels are abnormally low are that you will start to shake uncontrollably and feel confused, and you may also get blurred or double vision. I hope this doesn't happen to you or to anyone else, but if anyone does start to feel like this, you - or someone with you - must phone an ambulance immediately, and must make it clear to the ambulance service that you are a chemotherapy patient, so they will treat it as an emergency. It is vital that you get to hospital promptly and that those who are with you are able to explain your situation and tell the doctors and nurses about the medication you are on. Better still, if time allows, gather up your chemo records and medication and chuck it all into your hospital bag - See Chemotherapy Tips and Tricks Thread for details of how to prepare an emergency hospital bag - before the ambulance arrives, so you can take it with you.
OldDawn63

Sue/ everyone else suffering severe nausea - please do take care if you are drinking a lot but are unable to eat much, particularly if you are also being sick or have diarrhoea, because your sodium levels could get dangerously low. This has happened to me on two occasions following my first and third FEC treatments, and both times l had to be admitted to hospital as an emergency (the first time it also caused cerebral oedema). The warning signs if your sodium levels are abnormally low are that you will start to shake uncontrollably and feel confused, and you may also get blurred or double vision. I hope this doesn't happen to you or to anyone else, but if anyone does start to feel like this, you - or someone with you - must phone an ambulance immediately, and must make it clear to the ambulance service that you are a chemotherapy patient, so they will treat it as an emergency. It is vital that you get to hospital promptly and that those who are with you are able to explain your situation and tell the doctors and nurses about the medication you are on (better still, gather up your chemo records and medication and chuck it all into your hospital bag - See Chemotherapy Tips and Tricks Thread for details - to take with you before the ambulance arrives).

OldDawn63

Angie - Sorry to hear you have to have another operation. I am having neo-adjuvant chemotherapy so I haven't had any operations yet and have no idea what they will find beyond the obvious lump when we finally get to that stage. I was also advised not to work while having chemotherapy because I work in an open plan office with air conditioning which is a great place for germs to spread. I wouldn't have been able to work for much of the time anyway, because I have ended up in hospital after my first and third FEC treatments with sodium deficiency (on the first occasion also with cerebral oedema) as a result of diarrhoea and sickness, which the anti-sickness medication I was given did not relieve. I didn't get any nausea on my second cycle and started to feel guilty for not working, and was wondering about doing some work at home. However, when I was admitted to hospital yet again the day after my third FEC treatment, I realised that it just isn't realistic to think of doing any work when I really don't know how well I am going to be from one cycle to the next, and therefore cannot easily plan any kind of work programme, where I could guarantee I could deliver X piece of work by Y date. The fatigue is also cumulative and creeps up on you. This has been much more of an issue for me during the third cycle than the previous two, and took me by surprise. So don't feel guilty for being tired and sleeping a lot on some days if you need to. The main thing is to pace yourself, do practical things (such as cooking, housework) or go somewhere nice on the days you feel well, because you have no choice but to rest or do more relaxing things on the days you feel tired or unwell.
Mumofmany

A question about the cold cap I tried it and found it wasn't very cold or uncomfortable so thinking it maybe didn't work has anyone else experienced this I'm now day eleven after first chemo so I suppose only time will tell x
Mumofmany

Hi everyone I'm ten days after my first chemo I'm having six doses of ec every three weeks followed by six weeks of radiotherapy I was diagnosed in June with invasive high grade breast cancer and was found to have three tumours close together, I have had my op to remove them and now starting on the chemo journey, I had a rough week last week suffering from nausea and fatigue and ended up in hospital with severe upper body pain apparantly a very rare sude effect of the type of chemo I'm on, anyway looking forward to chatting and swapping experiences on here xx
Sus12

Hi Sue. Glad your sickness and flushing have reduced. My flushed face has just started! :D. Hope the antibiotics work quickly and that you have a lovely weekend with your son 🙂
Hope everyone has a good day today and a good weekend. As my chemo nurse said yesterday it's tough but we'll get through it.
Hugs to all,
Sue xx
suebond88

Good morning everyone,

had my best nights sleep post Chemo, (3rd night), but woke to cystitis!  Am prone anyway, but I was told that one of the drugs can bring it on.  So a quick call to my Chemo nurse, and a call to my surgery, I'm heading down to pick up some antibiotics which hopefully will do the trick.  Flushing has disappeared and nausea subsiding.....

hoping to have a reasonable weekend as my son is coming from London for the weekend 😍

Hope everyone else's side effects are subsiding - have a good weekend everyone.

sueBxx

Azara25

Sorry also meant to say I had a really fuzzy head all week too so much so I couldn't wear my contact lenses.
Sus12

Hi Angie. Thanks. Still annoyingly feeling fairly nauseous despite the meds :(. Hoping it will ease off but if it doesn't today I'll phone the chemo unit for advice. Problem is I just don't feel like eating anything but trying small bits of different things at the moment and trying to keep the fluids up to flush the toxins out!
Hi Julie. Sorry you are having to join us but it's a good way of finding out information and you'll get lots of support and advice on this forum. As Angie says, everyone has different experiences but it's good to share them good and bad as it can help someone else experiencing them. Everyone is different, have gone through sometimes different surgery and different meds and our bodies will react differently. I'm keeping a diary too of my meds and my reactions to the chemo etc so I can be better informed for the next one. It's good you have lots of support from family and friends. I have but found the 'Someone Like Me' on Breast Cancer Care a lovely support and friendship as she has gone through similar and now we just have a lovely chat too not just about BC! If you think you would like this phone the helpline and BCC will put you in touch with someone. I found it a great help.
Lots of hugs, Sue xx
Azara25

Hi Khajista

I am also on AC x 4 every 3 weeks then 12x weekly Taxol & had my first one on 10th Oct so I'm a bit ahead of you.

I was really sick on day 1 & had to call hospital then woke up flushed the next day & felt really nauseous & tired all the first week. I managed to get out for a walk with my dog every day but didn't do much else & had no appetite whatsoever I even found it a struggle to drink. 

I was on steroids & anti sickness & daily injections.

This week I have felt absolutely fine thank goodness so I can cope with 1 week out of 3 for only 3 more sessions although I will be asking for stronger anti sickness next time ! 

Hope you are ok hang on in there it gets better

Azara

xxx

ps are you triple negative ? I think that is why I am on AC. 

Mumofmany

Thankyou x
Angywd

Hi Sus12
Glad all went Ok with you 👍🏼 Keep taking the anti sickness, don't wait until you actually feel sick, ifs better as a preventative in the first few days.
You will probably find me the tiredness will hit you in the next few days and also something akin to 'baby brain'!!
Take care of yourself
Angie
Xx
Angywd

Hi Julie, welcome 💐

You have a similar plan to mine.  I had lumpectomy a month ago but they found it was in all of the breast tissues and lymph nodes.  So much awaiting full ct scan results at the moment and started chemo last week.  Will have 6 rounds FEC-T, then mastectomy and radiotherapy like you. Mine is also Her2 positive.

It is such a huge life changing diagnosis and I definately struggled with accepting that I couldn't work whilst having treatment ( I work on front line NHS and imuno suppressed is a no no )   Everything that as my normal routine has gone and I found that adjustment very hard.

I think the best advice is that everyone reacts differently to the medications and chemo and just take it one day at a time.  Don't plan too much as it then puts pressure on you, if you feel up to doing something then just go with it.  It's a massive learning curve, I've kept a diary of my side effects from this first chemo so that I know what to expect and when, when I have the next session.  

You sound very positive and that's a great starting point for the chemo, there is a list further down this thread called a 'chemo caddy' which is really useful to have ready.

Good luck

Angie

xx

Auntyjulie

Hi there, i'm new here. Diagosed with invasive ductal oestrogen+ and her2. Was told today its in my sentinal lymp which biopsy'd last week. Plan is chemo to start 28th oct, x6 cycles, fec-t. Then mastectomy them radio. Already feel like its a rollercoaster of never ending appointments! I'm feeling positive and will get through it all, work are really good and supportive too. I also get lots of support from family and friends.  Ive been told all the side effects like hair lots, sickness there are so mary of them! Would love to hear whats the most common side effects, when to expect bad days etc. Thanks for everything xxxx 

Sus12

Hi all.
First chemo this morning. Cold cap was ok. As has been posted by someone before the first 15 minutes was very very cold but bearable. Weirdly the low back if my head felt the worst at first and then went off after a while. Then felt like a kind of cold headache feeling around my head but that went. As someone posted earlier probably my head was numb by that point or I had got used to it! The oncology nurse gave me a shoebox that she had decorated and a tag from the unit with special shampoo, conditioner, a wide tooth comb and a small water spray bottle. It was a lovely touch. Very kind. Hours on I feel quite nauseous still and had a dull headache for a while after getting home. Have had some anti sickness meds at the unit and due to take some more soon. Hope they work! The nausea is not nice. As advised I've been taking in plenty of fluids to flush the nasties out, especially the E stuff!
Will see how the next few days go.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Hugs to all, Sue xx
suebond88

Hi Mumofmany

you've doneit 🙂  This is the October thread 

welocome😊

Mumofmany

Ok I'm not thinking straight I need to join the October thread have I done it now if not please help many thanks x
OldDawn63

I second the advice about Omeprazole - this was prescribed by my GP and whenever I have bad heartburn and indigestion I have taken one - you take one first thing in the morning - and it has helped a lot. They are available on prescription only but you should be able to get them from the hospital or from your GP. In the meantime try Rennie's, which you can get over the counter, they should help a bit and are better than nothing.
Angywd

Thanks Sue HS , I kinda guessed that would be the answer but the thought of bobbing around in warm water is very appealing right now.  Will have to make do with the bath! 😂

SueBond, yes definately had the flushed face and it comes and goes with less frequency now.  I'm day 6 post FEC and just feel like I'm getting myself together.  I do however seem to have complete vacant episodes where my family will ask me something, and although I know I have the answer somewhere in there I just cannot get to it!   They just laugh and give me a hug 👍🏼😂!!

Hugs

Angie

xx

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Angywed
As to swimming - unfortunately this appears to be a no- no, due to the high infection risk. My understanding is not to do it until your immune system has recovered adequately post active treatment. You may, however, wish to check with your chemo unit.
Sorry.....
Hugs Sue xx
suebond88

Sorry, one more thing....

brain definitely not functioning properly - couldn't put the coffee machine together this morning - been doing it for years!! 😳

suebond88

Hi everyone,

day 2 after Chemo started - anyone else flushed in the face - am looking really embarrassed all the time!🙄

Not too bad an se I know....

still a bit nauseous and am not sleeping too well, but otherwise my body seems to be coping ok.  No sign of any of the dreaded hair loss or constipation yet - but don't want to speak too soon!

will attempt a mini walk out this afternoon round the village - no shop to wander to yet, nearest ones are driving distance so I think I'll wait another day or so before I attempt that.

hugs to everyone - stay strong and positive.

Sue Bxxx

Angywd

Hi Mary

Just had a call from my GP to see how I was doing and was feeling a little sorry for myself...then logged in here and read your post...I had exactly the same craving yesterday! Beef stew with dumplings! Made me laugh so thank you! 

Well done you for driving, I'm still not feeling confident enough but it's bugging me every time I look out of the window and see my car (only got it 2 weeks before diagnosis) and I so want to get out there.

Hugs

Angie

maryminder

Hi All,

Three days since first treatment and still have headaches and feel slightly woozy, woke at 4am this morning feeling sick but turned out to be the other end (took your advise Sue H-S and started on the Senna on day one had to also resort to snacking on prunes and the odd dose of Lactolose) but hopefully it will get better now. Last day of tablets and still have seven injections to go, quite proud to be doing it myself as I don't like needles.

I had to make appointments for having my Picc line flushed at the Chemo unit as the only Community ones were a 36 mile round trip away, have been driving but not confident with that distance at the moment, they have put me on a waiting list for something closer so fingers crossed.

Hairloss has begun but just my eyebrows and arms at the moment, trying to stay on top of it all but realise there will be down days. A walk this morning for the papers and some fresh air and then chair and tv.

Re cravings really fancied beef stew so hubby made one last night for dinner today, might just have to have some for lunch!!

Best Wishes and Hugs to all Mary xx

Angywd

Hi Sue,
Do you know if it is safe to,go swimming? I'm a little,woolly headed still and thought at least in water I can't fall over and I could just do a bit of very gentle bobbins around?
Angie
Xxx
Angywd

Hi everyone, big hugs all round 😍

Thank you Dawn for all of your advise, very helpful and without going into too much detail doc gave me movicol and co-danthrusate with quite drastic results after 2 days...... Eek!

To Liz, I was sure I still had an infection when they started my chemo last week but they said not and went ahead with it...I ended up back in hospital with the infection in Sunday and have spent the last 3 days feeling drunk and unsteady on my feet due to this on top of the chemo effects so it's def better to wait although I totally get your anxiety over this.

Today is the first day I have felt steady enough on my feet to go downstairs and make myself a cuppa so I'm hoping I've turned a corner...

One thing I have found is that I need some time on my own, it's lovely to have supportive family and friends around but I just haven't had the energy to put on a smiley face, so today I have made sure I'm on my own at least until my children come home from school.  I feel like I'm letting them all down when I cry and get low but it's important to get these emotions out.  I'm still waiting for body scan results to see if it has spread, appt is with oncologist on Monday.  Keeping everything crossed that I get good news as every time I've gone for results so far it's just got worse..

My daughter is 15, struggling with her own diabetes and trying to 'mummy' me at the same time.   Thank goodness it's half term so she can have some lie ins.

Still stuck in the 9pm - 1am sleep pattern.... 4 hours is as much as I can seem to get 😨

I'm finding this site and al of your messages a massive comfort so thank you so much

Much Love

Angie

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Khajista,

Well done - number one over!

You may be on steroids, so you may expect to be more tired, once you are off them. As you progress through your cycles that tiredness may become worse. It does with some, others fare better. AC chemo does not seem to be very common, so I hope there may be some one else. 

At a guess, you know the reason for the advice re 'outside' food. As I do not know in which country you are being treated, it is challenging to comment. But I and many others, certaily understand 'cravings' - it seems to be a very common thing, when going through chemo.

Here in the UK I did sneek the odd cheese burger from McDonald's, as I am comfortable with their hygiene and cooking methods being up to required standards.

Hugs

Sue xx

suebond88

Hi Khajista

i'm 24hours post my first Chemo too...FEC.  Am also loaded with meds still.

re the Burger, my nurse told me, if we were going to have a takeaway have something we were used to (not too spicy), and from a place that you've ordered from/eaten at before.  A Kitchen you trust

If you fancy a Cheeseburger I'd have it. 😊

Suexx

blueash
Community Champion

Ask for omeprazole for the heartburn - do not suffer! I replied about your back pain but in case you missed it, you have to take claritin hayfever tablets:

http://myangrycancer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/claritin-is-worth-its-weight-in-gold.html

Khajista

24 hours passed since i took the fist dose of chemo AC and feeling quite ok so far may be because i am loaded with anti-nausetic medicines yeah....??

Couldn't arrange any cold caps in my country so all ready to wear those pretty scarves my daughter got me before chemo. I am advised not to eat any outside food but i am badly craving for a cheese burger, not sure if i can have it 😞

What shall i expet in next 4-5 days ladies?? Any one else taking AC regiemn with Taxol later on?

Hugs and prayers for everyone fighting cancer.

swampy1901

Aw! Elisan!

I can empathise with you entirely because this happened to me but perversely in the end I was quite grateful that my tummy wound had an additional week to heal. It is frustrating because you will want to move on but hopefully the antibiotics will boost whatever needs a little help.

The oncologist did say to me that any wounds that are there at the start of chemo may well still be there at the end of the treatment regime simply because the chemo will attack the good guys as well as the bad ones. My dressings are being changed twice weekly with a visit to the surgeon fortnightly at the hospital so that she can monitor the wound to her satisfaction. 

I'm now on Day 9 of my first round of chemo and am keeping a diary of temps and side effects. Heartburn has been a totally new experience for me and I now have to try and eliminate the foods that may act as triggers for that.Cat Sad