69791members
366612posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Optimists??? 2013

Re: October Optimists??? 2013

Sorry to hear about all these hassles. I hope things get better for you.

hugs,

Anne x

Thanks Flower and Monica too. I just rang the hosp to chase up the time of my new apptmt. The onc said they wouldnt let it go more than a week for my next one and the reception said they would ring me back today, as the apptmts are all filled. But I am not to worry, they will fit me in somehow. The Sister will "adjust her staffing levels" . It is so busy in the unit, so many people, all afflicted with this flippin disease 😞

Exactly hun...sending you a hug bridget x

Oh fed up Sarah but what can you do? Take care all and keep warm xx

Or bridget, I'm so sorry to hear that.  How do you feel about being knocked off course? X

Omg bridget, I'm so sorry to hear that.  How do you feel about being knocked off course? X

Sorry to hear about the delay Biddlybee - rest up for now - hopefully you'll be back on track next week.

I was just above the threshold when I went for my assessment but the doc mentioned that it could go lower this time.

I've been having some quiet time since the last cycle. The se have been ok - much better than the first time around - but it just takes time for everything to settle down afterwards. Getting back to myself today.

hope everyone is doing ok.

xx

Sorry you've had a delay biddlybee but hope you're back on track next week xxx

No second chemo for me today. Neutrophils too low. I feel fine, but apparently they were 0.26 on friday, when i felt like I was getting a cold, and today 0.92, which isnt good enough. Needs to be min 1.0. So back again next week hey ho. Good luck everyone with their Neuts!! Xx

Hi Lulu, I was going to start up a November facebook page but cannot see how to access our profiles on this forum. I have added information about me on my profile but cannot see how to access yours as i know you had your facebook name on your profile. Can we put our full names on here ?
Sam x

It never works out, I had critical insurance for 10 years, it expired in February, ( when mortgage finished) and I was diagnosed in July . Think I was more angry about that than the BC , kept thinking, if only I had noticed something sooner ,however, no point dwelling on it, onwards and upwards, !

Greasy pineapples ha ha ha 🙂 Dawn, I'm on day 17 and my hair is coming out, although not in proper scary amounts yet, don't think it will be long before I'm reaching for the clippers though!

By the way it was fresh pineapple not grease! Lol xxx

Dawn glad your feeling better and Fowers75 glad they have got your mess right this time.

Lulu glad to here your rash is behaving long may it continue!

Monica hope your se are ok this time round mine have been same as first just felt queasy today and taste in mouth not nice. I've found the taste of water really not nice. So trying out other fluids also grease pineapple which was nice.

My pay will reduce to half pay 10th November then stop in March lets hope there are things to help us financially. I have spoken to McMilan financially advisor who said there are things you can claim for so I need to look further into this.

Thanks Janey and Lulu for travel insurance details they will come in handy for the future. Can't wait to have a lovely holiday when this is all done and dusted!!

Wishing you all a peaceful nights sleep with min se xxx Tracy

Glad your side effects were better this time Flower75 x

Thank you Teffy, Helenwig and Lulu. I am on day 10 after first treatment and I finally feel normal again. Went shopping to look for new sofas and had some lunch out.
I too am being paid in full for work until December, but unfortunately nothing from then on, I don't earn enough to get sick pay!
Hope everybody's had a good weekend and SE are behaving themselves. Suppose the next thing I've got to look forward to is loosing my hair, did most of you loose it within a couple of week? Dawn xx

Haha Helenwig I didn't dare face the wilds today as don't think my hair would have survived it either! I'm getting the rest of mine shaved off on Tuesday at the hairdressers. I've also got a place on the next look good feel better group at Maggie's in November which I'm looking forward to. Today is day 6 of 2nd cycle of Fec T and have started to feel more human again. Side affects a lot better this time as take home meds were adjusted. Hope everyone,s had a nice weekend and a good week to come xxx

Sarah I know what you mean about the critical illness cover, it's such an expensive insurance we only had it for part of our mortgage. When it paid up I should have been happy but I'd rather have my health back 😞 Try not to worry now, I dread what this is going to do to travel insurance (just when we all fancy a good holiday). Good work with the bottle of wine, I just don't fancy alcohol. I went to the pub on fri and struggled to finish a glass!! Good luck with your next dunking, my hair is hanging on by a thread don't think I'll go out in the wind tomorrow it might just blow off!!!
Pleased the rash is on the way out Lulu.
Sam sad for you about work, half pay indefinitely is good though.
Dawn ha ha about nearly falling asleep when having an ECG, I thought I might have a nap when having my MRI I had no idea it would be so noisy!

Take care everyone xx

Morning everyone.  Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  I went to a baby shower last night and had a bottle of wine!  Strange coz I feel completely 'normal' but hair is gonna fall out in next couple of days I think. 

Get second dunking this Friday. 

I'm devastated that I didn't have critical illness cover on both of my insurances! I'll never be able to get it now, would have been a lovely silver lining to this mess.

I've pretty much just being doing exactly the same things as before, the way I look at it I normally don't go out of my way to catch infections off people anyway.  And like you Helen my girl is in reception and my boy has had something hanging over him for a couple of weeks now so impossible to avoid! 

Pleased most of seem to be coping well at the moment.

Hugs to everyone Sarah xx 

Isn't it crazy though that we have to have the 'right' kind of cancer, I guess my silver lining is that one of my naughty nodes was infected !!!!
My actual dx was invasive ductal cancer so they should pay.
I just now want to get on with my chemo treatments and banish those naughty cells out of my body ! Oncologist apt is on Wednesday so at least then ill have my treatment plan in place xxxxxx

sam
if your on chemo then your insurance should pay out.... if you have DCIS and not invasive cancer then they sometimes wont pay out but generally if you have invasive cancer they should pay out on critical illness cover... fingers crossed anyway. x

Hi Lulu, glad you are back and doing better now xxx
Yes, half pay better than no pay and fingers crossed I have the 'right kind' of cancer for my insurance to pay out and if I do then I will be fine and take maybe a bit longer off work to fully recover and maybe spend the summer hols with my kids and husband xxxx
Had a lovely day today with some old work friends who I hadn't seen for years, hope everyone is ok, reassuring to hear that so many of you're second treatments are treating you kindly
Sam xxx

Hi Sam, sorry you are on half pay in December but as Lulu says indefinitely is good. Mine is only for 6 months.
Had my sickness interview at work Thursday and my full time wage finishes in February...it's half pay for me then but I hope to get back to work mid March.
I agree it's crap that we have to worry about these things but on the positive side I am glad I can stay under the duvet on cold mornings this winter.
Up and onwards is what I say.

Hugs Janey xxxxxx

Hi Lulu
Glad to hear your rash has almost gone and you are managing on your tough regime.
Nice to have you back.
Janey x

Hi Lulu
Glad your back and your rash has gone!
Have a lovely weekend
Xx

not been on here for a few days sorry. my rash has almost gone and thankfully seems to have been a one off as no sign of reaction this time.... but gonna stay on the piriton just in case for a little while longer.

had doses no 3 and 4 on tue and thur, and have 5 and 6 next week then get a whole week off! although think i might go into work.

dawn you dont have to become a recluse just be sensible.... your middle week is not the ideal time to go to a concert or get on a bus in the rush hour or go on a school trip with snotty kids or saturday shopping... but do things you enjoy.

i used to feel my best in the middle week and i would go out every 3 weeks for lunch with the girls to correspond as felt lousy after treatment and had a bit of dip just before my next chemo.

sam its a bit cr@p they arent paying full pay longer but half pay indefinitely is a bonus as most employers will only pay fullpay 6 mths and half pay 6 months.

monica because chemo affects fast growing cells it affects the ovaries and can stop your periods and cause menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes.... so its possible this is the phenomenon you are experiencing.

hello to any newbies iv missed... if you want to join our private face book group please drop me a message and ill tell you how to join up.

to all those dunked this week i hope your SEs are baby ones and you will all be feeling better soon.

and have a lovely weekend,

love Lulu xxxx

I'm glad it went well for you Beverley and Anne, that's the first ticked off. Dawn I found from about day 11 I felt back to normal, it's hard the first few days and you can't imagine it getting any better, but it does. Just take it easy xx

Hi Dawn, I'm on day 15 and perked up a bit more everyday! If you can avoid ill people probably best but at this time of year it's almost impossible. I have two kids at school and nursery, they are always ill at this time of year, my son has a streaming cold now and only wants mummy cuddles, I can hardly avoid him!! I'm just keeping an eye on my own temp and hoping for the best xx

Hi All
Hope you're all enjoying a free SE weekend. I'm on my 9th day after my first FEC, feel ok in myself and hoping finally the nausea has gone, but still feel very tired and lifeless, does this improve in next few days? I'm also paranoid to mix with anybody at this stage in case of getting any infection. Dawn xx

Glad to hear its gone well for both Beverley and Anne its good to get them out the way. I'm feeling ok too with number two on Thursday just had chemo glow last night! Lol hair started to come out a bit after washing today but it hasn't fell out much at all so far so not too worried yet! Fingers crossed its just the shedding they talk about when using cc!

Glad it's going ok for you, Beverley. I found it went quite well too. Anne x

Hi All,

Hope everyone is surviving their treatments this week. Had my first on Tuesday and I am now on day 5 and have escaped with minimal SEs so far, other than tiredness, constipation and problems sleeping. Onwards and upwards!

Beverley xx

Hi everyone, I hope you are feeling well after this weeks treatments and the SE are behaving themselves
Lulu, hope your rash has given up its fight and your treatments this week have been kinder .
I spoke to my boss today and they are paying me till mid December then i go onto half pay indefinitely....for a multi million pound company it is all a bit **bleep** but in the grand scheme of things i'm surprisingly not bothered. I'm taking my time with this and they can manage maybe till after the summer hols next year - sod them 🙂
Karen, I hope you get better quickly and back home where you should be and to everyone else I hope your weekends are SE free and restful
Hugs Sam xxxxx

Hi Ladies
Went for an ECG today, nearly fell asleep on the bed, ha ha! Still it was nice to get out and have some lunch with my hubby, first time since my chemo. Still felt a bit queasy so taken the anti-sickness drugs, they really do work, don't they? Bit tired now, so putting my feet up and having a curry. Hope everybody has a lovely weekend xx

Hair holding on guys...pleased your back teffy and feeling a little better.   Take care tonight xx

Hi all
Thanks for my good wishes,
I feel a bit more queasy today, don't really know why, so went to bed for a few hours when I got home and took extra anti sickness tablets, anyway feeling a bit better now.
At least that's another one ticked off
Take care all xx

Thanks for your update Monica, and Flower, glad to hear you are keeping on top of it. Hope springs eternal! Sarah, Anne, Dawn thanks, I am feeling ok now, headache has gone. Havent taken my wig off all day tho....! I have been out all afternoon, for coffee and retail therapy with a mate and then had an hour with a personal trainer who has been on a course specifically for advising mx patients. Lovely gentle stretches in all the right places to loosen up my shoulders! Teffy hope you are ok today after yours today? Hope those roots are hanging on ok Sarah for tomo xxx

Good to hear you feel better after your second dunking Monica, there's hope for us yet! lol xx

Thanks Lulu, got some difflam from the doctors yesterday and it does help. Best wishes xx

Good luck to everyone who had or about to have a dunking.
Praying that the SE's are kind.
Be joining you all in November.
Take care Janey x

Good to hear you are feeling better after your second treatment, how this continues xxxxxx

Pleased you're feeling okay Monica, hugs to you Bridget xx

Morning ladies

Just had my second dunking yesterday and the side effects have been much better for me this time - especially with nausea and sickness. So I had a good uninterrupted sleep last night. I think I'm managing the tablets better this time around but whatever the reason just glad for it.

Sam -sorry to hear about the migraine. The first one I had came out of the blue. I had just started a new job and thought I was managing everything fine but there must have been stress underneath and that's how it showed up. I haven't had one for a while now touch wood, but I noticed that I would feel excessively tired the night before which acted as a warning. It's different for everyone - hope you're doing ok now.

Dawn hope you're doing ok. I found the tablets were good but they work best when taken before anything gets too unsettled. This time I took mine before the queasiness took hold and it was much better. I like the fresh air too, so if you're up for a walk I'm sure it will help.
I noticed that I have a real aversion to heat for a few days after dunking - so I keep the heat down as much as possible in the house.

Good luck to everyone up today - all the first and second dunkees. It's progress! Thinking of you

Sorry to hear about your hair Biddlybee. At least you know the medicine is working. Look after yourself (and your IPad!)

Thinking of you Lulu - take care xx

Hello and welcome to all the new members. Thanks for sharing. It's so good to hear your experiences.

Love
Monica

Good luck Teffy, hope it goes ok xx

Hi Biddlybee
How are you feeling xx

Morning Ladies
Thank you flower75, hope you're not feeling too bad after your second treatment yesterday? I am feeling better, although still bit queasy but my scar isn't so painful this morning. Maybe I should take an anti-sickness pill as I can't get rid of this queasy feeling. Might try and have a walk this afternoon.

Hope everybody is doing ok. xx

Ok, will keep an eye on my Ipad over the next couple of weeks! Best of luck! Anne x

Good luck to everyone being dunked today xxxxxx

FEC1, Day 18 - hair shedding onto my ipad 😞 head very prickly and general headache too, here we go...!

Morning teffy, good luck today, also to Jill, Tracy, sarah. I'm almost a bit envious of you all, your sailing through! 

Beverly; Sam couldn't have put it better. I too have had long hair for years and was stuck in a rut, now I've had it cut and I'm gutted I'll only have it for a week or so as I love it! 

Welcome sara, Bridget (biddlybee) I'm sure has covered everything perfectly, water seems to be the key.  

Hope flower and lulu are feeling well today.  

Hugs to everyone Sarah xx