Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Optimists??? 2013

Ann123

Re: October Optimists??? 2013

That should have said Teffy bloody predictive txt. LoLx
Ann123

Hi Teddy I am struggling to find lulu on Facebook. What name am I looking for? Thanks Ann

Biddlybee

See you there Sarah x
sarkev123

Thanks Anne x

apandy

Yes, message Lulu. See you there! Anne x
sarkev123

Right I'm on Facebook!  Got nothing on it yet though.   Who do I send a msg to? Is it lulu? X

sarkev123

Note to self, (and others) don't think tucking ears in wig will keep them warm...ouch!!!

Galleygirl

Hi Sarah,

I did mine in Newcastle too, at the Maggie's Centre, just last week. Very good session, lots of support and a wonderful centre for all cancer patients and their families to drop in on. Enjoy it! X
The

I've got mine booked for 26th November really looking forward to it as sounds really good!

The fb thread I'd highly recommend as most people are on there now and it's really good fun and full of tips. There are loads of posts all the time just about life in general as well as about se ect.

It is totally private only us can see so you do not need to worry about everyone knowing your business xxx Tracy
apandy

I think the problem is that if you are posting in the Facebook group then you are duplicating if you are posting the same things here too!

Anne x

Teffy

Hi all,
I would definately recommend anyone to go to the LGFB workshops, it's a lovely way of meeting people in the same boat, you get to pamper yourself and have a good laugh.
Sarah the Facebook group is private, the only people who can see anything, are the members of the group from the OOs. It's really good, because people post pics of themselves with wigs, bandanas, shaved heads, anything, and I think this inspires others. You can also ask private or personal questions. It's very up beat, but we can have a good moan if we like, and everyone is there to support each other.
Hope you join soon, and any other ladies that haven't yet, can highly recommend .
Best wishes and take care all
Linda xxx
alabamasam

Wow Bridget it sounds like you had a good day with lots of freebies ! I think they do this at the Christie in Manchester so will look into it
Sam xxxx
sarkev123

So pleased you're back on track Bridget! What a relief, you must be doing really well to be out and about today.
Yes next thing for me is fb, need my sister to sort it for me so I'm private and all that carry on.
Can't wait for lgfb now, will b nice to be pampered!
Hugs to all sarah x
Biddlybee

Sarah you will love the LGFB, lovely trained ladies, all very well made up! I hardly wear any make up usually, but today I have eyebrows, eyeliner, colour correcter. (Anti steroids!!) the works. And I dont look totally mad....! Met other ladies on this awful journey too... Which was very sad too, but everyone had a laugh. Yes, you will have to give fb a try xx
Biddlybee

Afternoon everyone, 2nd dunking went ahead ok yesterday yay! Glad to be back on track. I was given a pack of injections to self administer before next time, to boost my immunity. Nurse Bridget.... I have always been a first aider so it should be ok -right?! Had a bit of a dodgy night last night, but fine today. Been to LGFB session this morning. I thoroughly recommend it. Lots of help with makeup, and and a lovely goodie bag with Clinique/Estee/Lancome etc products. Spoilt now.... Sorry Rimmel......!! I wish everyone a good week and happy neutrophils xx
sarkev123

Oh that sounds great.  I'm booked on Lgfb On the 18th,  now I can't wait.   Know what you mean beejayP,  it will be nice (if you know what I mean ) meeting people face to face that is walking this journey. 

I have to go to Newcastle for mine which I think is about 18 mile from where I live but sounds worth it.

I don't know who's up this week but hope you're all well.

Hope bridget and lulu are holding up.

Seems to be quiet on our little group, are people using Facebook more?

Hugs to everyone Sarah xx 

MonicaB

Thanks BeejayP - hope you are well rested today.

I went to the workshop this morning and it was really good. It was a bigger group, maybe 16 of us and there was a chance to chat as well. Would highly recommend it to anyone and many thanks to the LGFB team who looked after us so well.

Hope everyone is doing ok and good luck to all who are in for dunking this week xxx

BeejayP

MonicaB - Sorry meant to post last night about my LGFB workshop but was so tired. It was fab, really enjoyed it, the lady running it decided to take pictures of us before and after which was really good to see difference. There were 6 of us and all the girls helped with putting our make up on etc it was lovely. It was also nice to meet local people going through it, I have now got details of local group which meet up weekly for a natter and coffee, then i think sometimes they arrange events as well so will try and get down there for some of those, its a 18 mile round trip so its not always going to be possible. Hope you enjoy your workshop xxx

Good luck to all those having treatments today. Hope all goes well.

The

Evening ladies hope everyone is well and coping with se

Is anyone up tomorrow ? If so good luck

Hugs Tracy cxx
MonicaB

Good luck Biddlybee - it seems awful to wish a dunking for you, but I do hope it can go ahead this time.

Aw Sarah, your little girls comment made me smile - its all ok as long as everyone can say whats on their mind - even the little ones!

BeejayP - thats a good idea about the puzzles and lego kits and about keeping the tv for the bad days. I will have to be more organised about how to deal with the time. Thankfully I'm now into a good week - have been out today already. Let us know how you get on on the LGFB workshop - I'm booked on one tomorrow.

Galleygirl

Hi emma,
I had bad dizziness with my first fec. Mentioned it to onc and they changed on of the anti sickness drugs that go into the IV line. I also had a niggling headache for the first two weeks, the new drug has workedthankfully and I have very little dizziness, only if I've been in a hot bath and got out quick, which I suppose is to be expected., I feel a little more queasy, but not as bad as the dizziness and I've never actually been sick . So mention it and they can most probably change things for the better.
As for struggling, oh yes! We ALL have bad days and will until the end of this crap , so this is the place to let it out.
I have horrible stubby hair which Velcros my head to everything and I'd much rather have my lovely long brown hair back, and I will, or then again, I may decide to keep it short, or blond, or red, what in trying to say is, this is not how it will be forever, just a few months and together we can all do it xxxx
sarkev123

Hi emma, pleased to have you back...wish it was in better circumstances though.   So sorry you're struggling with se's hun.  I had my second fec on Fri, I was quite poorly last time, sickly feeling went on day 5 and I did feel light headed for a week or so.  I was lucky enough not to be knocked off my feet though.  

This time round I took extra tablets and didn't vomit but felt very unwell, as the weekend has gone on I just feel more tired this time round.   Just forced a little bit porridge down but just for energy as been awake since 2.30 and had to be up with kids!

I had my hair cut from long to a bob a couple of weeks ago then shaved it on a 3 on Fri, which I didn't mind.  Wasn't walking around with bonce out though, wigs and scarves at hand.   However this was really uncomfortable and it was just falling out, getting in all my scarves and pillows and basically just being a pain, this was also itchy.  So last night my hubby shaved it down to the bone. When I looked in the mirror I did have a few tears which I wasn't expecting (only 3rd time I've cried in 4 month).  Also my little girl said I wasn't pretty anymore and even had a pretend mammy yesterday with long hair! But she'll get used to it. 

Sorry for long winded post but can only share my experience emma and send you my best positive strong  wishes and remember to keep posting and take care.

Sarah xxx 

Biddlybee

Thanks guys. All the best to everyone getting dunked this week xxx
BeejayP

Morning everyone

good luck Biddybee for your treatment today, my 2nd treatment is 15th Nov which seems like ages away but is only next week.

Sorry you have had a rough time of it Emma, hope you start having good days soon, sending big hugs xxx

With regard the hair thing, I have to agree about having long hair and chopping it with clippers is helping me take control of things, my husband who loves my long hair cut it with scissors first then went all over with clippers, he said it hurt him to do it but it gave him a sense of being part of this. I haven't started losing my hair yet but it has had the odd tingle, not sure how i will feel once it starts going, there may be tears at that point!

I have stocked up on jigsaw puzzles, books (mainly chick lit easy reading) and lego kits for my good days. I dont want to spend too long in front of tv as saving that for my bad days, I also have a cross stitch on the go for good days, what are other people doing to keep busy?

I have my Feel Good Look Better workshop today, which i am really looking forward to. Has anyone else been on theirs yet?

sarkev123

Hope all goes well today Bridget,  fingers crossed for you xxx

alabamasam

Good luck for tomorrow Bridget

Big hugs to you Enmma xxxxx

Sam xxx
Biddlybee

Hi Emma, sorry to hear you are struggling, I have my second FEC tomorrow, so cant advise you yet! I couldnt get dunked last week due to low neutrophils. Hope all ok tomorrow. But then I will a third of the way through thank god. I asked for stronger anti sickness pills too. If you are still feeling dizzy, maybe give the onc nurse a ring and talk about it, just to put your mind at rest? Regarding hair, I had long hair and couldnt bear the thought of losing it in bits, so had a crop cut. As did OH. We bought clippers from Boots and cut each other's hair. Now there is very little left but at least I felt that I had taken control. Big hugs to you and to your daughter, we will all get through this pain of a journey, we will! XOXO
The

Good luck to everyone up tomorrow hope se are weennnyyy ones xxx Tracy
MonicaB

Sorry things are so hard for you now Emma - this is the best place for a little moan. I had my second round of FEC just before you and I've had low energy more or less since then, but I think I turned a corner today and felt much better. That's the thing - for me anyway - it changes day to day.

I did feel a bit dizzy after the first go and I didn't like the feeling at all. I think it can mean different things. Did you mention it to the onc unit at all? They do seem to have advice and/or medications for most things. It does seem like bad luck to be admitted to hospital on the first round, but better than struggling with sickness at home. I also feel sick/nauseous for about 3-4 days after chemo. Then the fatigue sets in. What fun!

In the last couple of years, a couple of people close to me have also had a BC diagnosis. I've seen them go through chemo, hairloss the whole thing and I've also seen them come out the other side and doing and looking very well now. They both have their hair back to its original length, colour etc. You would never know all that they have been through. I think that has helped me accept the treatment for what it is - the best chance to remove all traces of BC.

I don't think its ridiculous at all for you to keep your hair if that's what you want to do. It's a very personal thing and everyone has their own response to it. Have you been using a cold cap - has it not worked as well as you wanted? I had a very ichy scalp in the first few weeks, but I have all but lost my hair now and the ichy-ness has gone. I had my hair cut right down before losing the bulk of it, so I didn't have to see lots of it in my hand. That's bound to be hard to take, but once its done its done. There's no going back - it's onwards towards the end of treatment - that's the goal.

You sound like you have been so positive and you have already had 2 cycles with side-effects - so you do already have a lot of strength to see this through.

We'll be here all the way xx

The

Hi Em sorry to here you are having such a bad time with se. Did you drunk loads before during and after to flush it out to minimise se its worth a go as it has helped me. We have a Facebook group if you fancy joining which is discussing hair loss and itchy scalps ect and much much more just send lulu a pm with your real name and user name on here and she will add you. Glad you have come back on and I'm sure others will be along soon to give you support . I have heard of people suffering from dizziness it could be the loss of hairs in your ears but someone else may know more about this take Care of yourself xxx tracy
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone

I haven't been on here for awhile, but seriously struggling with chemo so thought I would have a little look.

I had my second round of FEC last Monday and after a week of being on the sofa, still feeling so dizzy. Is this normal? First found of FEC landed me in hospital with violent sickness, so they changed my last dose and gave me super sickness, which stopped me being sick but didn't stop me feeling sick. Have I just had bad luck?

On top of this I'm struggling with my hair loss, I still cry brushing my hair and have kept it all in a bag (ridiculous I know).

Worst of all I feel like I'm missing out on so much of my daughter. I have been so positive until now, but seriously struggling now.

Sorry to have a bit of a moan, I know you guys are going through the same thing.

Thanks Emx

Ps. I have got a mega itchy dry scalp, anyone else got this. Recommendations if what to do?
The

Good philosophy Karen! Xx
The

Yes biddleybee I agree we are very fortunate to have this forum and fb to share our concerns and knowledge xxx
The

Yes Monica I have got cream and its ok today thank god! Lol sorry to hear you are struggling with tiredness I'm on 2nd FEC day 10 and I'm buzzing! Was out till 2am up at 7-30am been shopping for couple of hours and cooked a lovely roast. Maybe I will get a big crash!!! Lol I feel like I have more energy now than before chemo!! What's going on!! Lol prob steroids still floating around but I'm sleeping fine xxx
apandy

My breast care nurse said it is the lack of exercise and tendency to eat more as you want to be nice to yourself, that makes you gain weight, rather than anything to do with the treatment as such. I think sitting on the settee a lot, which it is easy to do, and nibbling things doesn't help.

I am aiming to go for half hour walks, or get some sort of exercise most days and am not doing too badly so far. Regarding food, I am eating pretty normally but have just cut out the alcohol as I want to know what I am feeling from the chemo drugs (so I know what to expect round 2) rather than mask the side effects with alcohol induced symptoms. So far I haven't gained any weight and I hope it stays that way. I do recommend a walk each day if you are up to it.

Anne
sarkev123

Yes I got that cookery book bridget,  some nice recipes and I'm sure I can tweak some of them to be low fat.

Yes listening to my body is good advice Monica,  hence the pie for breakfast yesterday-ha!

Sounds like a plan karen, doing what we like when we can.  Just giz a shout when you want to meet, no hurry, we've got so much going on at the moment.

Don't know about you lot but I'm meeting up with people who I've never seen for a while,  which is nice.  Going to friends on weds to get pedicure,  meeting with uni buds on Thursday and going for meal with the girl's on Fri. Hope it all goes to plan. 

Got my wig on for first time today, going food shopping (exciting), just hope it doesn't blow off in the wind!

Galleygirl

Hi Sarah , great idea for cuppa, all I need to do is wake up! Spent first 4 days after 2 had dunking wide awake, now I'm sleeping in all day . Not put on any weight which is very surprising as I can usually do that just by looking at food, but at moment everything tastes slimy for a week or so , then I go to town on week three . Decided to eat when and what I want, sleep when I can, and worry , or not, much later on!
Karen xx
MonicaB

Sorry to hear about the thrush Tracy - do you have something that can help with it? I have a few sore spots on my tongue today and am just hoping that it doesn't develop into something more.

I've also gained weight - don't know how much but its there. I've been eating more sweet stuff and more chips (I almost never ate them before) and exercising a lot less (too tired). Not ideal, but there'll be plenty of time later to go back to a more healthy plan. In the meantime, its just about getting through the chemo and if I feel like chips I'll have them Smiley Happy

I was super tired the last 2 days (day 10 and 11) and didn't feel up to doing much. The fatigue is really getting to me, I'm used to being out and about and now I'm turning into a tv addict. The nurse in the GP clinic said to me to listen to my body and not to push it if I'm feeling tired - but oh to be out and about all day without thinking about it!

take care everyone xx

Biddlybee

Hi Sarah, yes it was an interesting read, but it kinda seemed like common sense really. Talk through with family and friends; think positively; work out ways to cope; see a professional for help and dont be ashamed of it. I think we have a good source of contacts here on this forum and on fb to "talk" about stuff, and when you think of people in our position maybe 10 or 20 yrs ago, it must have been v difficult to even get the info on bc that we have available now. Thinking about waistlines.... Latest book is Chemo Cookery club - a cookery book full of lovely recipes...but all are high calories based on building us up! Like you say, our health and happiness are most important now. Xx
sarkev123

Ah tracy, sounds...sore? I've never had it before but they said I could get it. Hope ur ok.
Know what you mean sam, I think watching your weight is a more in the mind and if you're not in the flow it's no good...just don't want to gain any more as it'll be harder to lose. Also I'm squeezing in to my clothes and am just not into shopping at mo.
Sound like a right moaner at the mo and I know our health and future happiness is more important xxx
P.s. that was meant for you Bridget, that surviving cancer book, x
alabamasam

Sarah, i have gained just over a stone. I think it is so hard to even think about what i'm eating at the moment especially as Ive not started chemo yet. We always have a takeaway once a week and i used to have salads but now we are just having roasts and pastas, i have the kids all here this week but maybe once they have gone i could try and diet a bit but i think i have enough going on right now but it does bother me
Sam xx
The

Got thrush! 😞 x
sarkev123

Thanks Tracy and bridget, forgot to ask if you finished that book? If so how was it? X

Biddlybee

Hi Sarah - thanks for the update. I am hoping they will give me emend this time round. Glad you are feeling better today. Give karen a hug from this OO when you see her. Hugs to all xx
The

Hi Sarah glad its better this time Hun. Yes I've gain 10lb and it gets you down! Oh well we can get cracking in April so hopefully be good for summer! Xxx
sarkev123

Hi everyone.  Hope we're well today! Had second dunking yesterday...when I went for review the other day she gave me some of them emend tablets as I was vomiting quite a bit the last time.   Your meant to take one an hour before, but in typical sarah style; and getting kids out to be watched I forgot.   I was poorly, however no where near as bad as last time.  Was in bed at 6 and managed to sleep 9-4 so wasn't too bad. Didn't actually vomit but felt very unwell.  But on the bright side feel loads better today. Had home made pie that my sister mad for breakfast though...just coz that's what I fancied! Took my tablets today and just chilling out.  

Hope you have a good well deserved night out Tracy!

BeejayP I haven't drank tea or coffee for about 5 year but now sometimes fancy a cup of black tea! Strange!

However got weighed yesterday and I've gained a stone over the last couple month! Anyone else gained? 

Don't believe it karen I live in seaham!  We'll have to meet for cuppa!

Galleygirl

Hi Sarah, I live just outside durham at HOUGHTON le spring , where are you?
Karen
Biddlybee

Many thanks Tracy x Hope everyone has a lovely weekend lined up to take our minds off things for a bit xx
BeejayP

Morning everyone, hope you are feeling ok this morning.

Thank you for all your great messages, it really cheered me up.

I'm having my cup of green tea, gone off tea and coffee completely, luckily i have other teas on standby.

What is everyone up to this weekend?

The

Healing Honey
Arthritis Cancer Food & Drink Honey Immune system Propolis This Month Health & Fitness Articles
NEWS DESK
Monday, March 14th, 2011

Few people are aware of the vast importance of the honeybee to our everyday lives. While most think of honey, it is estimated that thirty-three percent of everything that reaches the table owes a debt to the honeybee. Over 90 fruits and vegetables including apples, melons, nut crops, cherries, berries, avocados plus alfalfa and clover seed for cattle feed are dependent upon honeybee pollination. As well as the importance of pollination, honey and other bees products have been linked to an amazing array of health benefits.

CHEMOTHERAPY PATIENTS

Patients experiencing the side effects of chemotherapy have been given hope in the form of a unique food supplement called LifeMel.
Developed with over 30 years of research, LifeMel, made by honeybees, is proven in a number of cases to boost immunity before, during and after chemotherapy.

A low white blood cell count or Neutropenia, a common side effect of chemotherapy, is a blood disorder that diminishes the number of infection-fighting cells which destroy bacteria in the body, leaving sufferers open to developing illnesses and facing the potentially life-threatening situation where they are no longer well enough to carry on with the treatment needed to fight their cancer.
LifeMel is 100% natural and has been shown in a significant percentage of people to improve low white blood cell count. It is produced by honeybees in Israel, which are fed on a specific diet including selected herbs such as Siberian ginseng, echinacea and calendula.

LifeMel costs £37.50 and is available through pharmacies and health shops nationwide. For more research and information visit www.lifemel.com

As so many of you are experiencing low white blood counts the above maybe of interest to you. Anything which may help is worth a go xxxx Tracy xxxx