October rads anyone? Calling all Doreen's!

Hi. After what feels like months of waiting, I’m due to start treatment on 3 October for 3 weeks plus a booster. Anyone care to join me? Xx

Whats a Doreen ??!!

Hi Jill. I probably should have explained in the post. Some of us struggling both with the long wait to start Rads combined with big boobs are hoping to finally start in October. A Doreen is a Triumph bra for those of us struggling to find non wired bras xx

Good luck all you Doreen’s !!I had to wear customised(by the rads dept ) bra during rads due to large floppy nature of boobs so understand the issue !!!

I thought they may suggest the same to me at planning last week Jill! Xx

I had to drive home braless from planning appointment cos they cut holes in mine and drew all over it ,then kept it ,was praying not to have accident on way home /breakdown cos boobs were found my waiste !!

They’ve never had that storyline on Casualty!! X

Wonder why?I will send it in as an idea for a storyline ,floppy boobed woman drives home braless from rads planning and gets caught up on major incident …

I think that’s great and you can add a helicopter crash too … xx

I hope you are here in October. It has been such a long wait. How are you doing? Xx

Hi Janey2 I had my first session today and so am checking into this thread as most of my appointments are in October so I think that qualifies for the ‘October rads’ team.

The E45 is in the fridge and the soft bras at the ready. I didn’t know about ‘Doreens’ but I found the nursing bras from M&S to be really soft and nice to wear after surgery.

I hope everyone’s feeling well and positive, here’s to a smooth sailing for all :smileyhappy:

PS Thanks for giving me a laugh there ladies - boobs round waist storyline for Casualty - I was comparing notes with another large-boobed friend who’s been through rads and we agreed all the advice about ‘Just go bra-less!’ must have been thought up by a man. :smileyfrustrated:

Torched the bra in the BBQ on day I finished rads,drunk bottle of bubbly and watched it shrivel !!Was a bit concerned may explode due to having been radiated for 3 weeks but all was well,wonder if they could use that story line for Casualty ??

Woohoo Sue that feels like some progress at last. Robin you’re definitely in with the Doreens- Jill I can see the script unfolding!! Xx

I shall be thinking of you especially tomorrow Sue and Kary. Sue I was told originally it would be 3 or 4 weeks till start from the planning meeting, so was shocked they gave me a start date within a week. This was supposed to be tomorrow but I asked to wait till Minday, as it’s a big family day on Friday. My daughter was singularly unimpressed with the very small tattoos but I’ve told her they are the same as Phoebe’s in friends! Xx

Hello everyone - room for another on the October rads? Tho definitely not a Doreen!!

I’m from the June chemo thread and got planning appt for rads on 7th oct so assuming I will start them round about 17th so onc said.

Will be good to have your support through this as the June thread was my rock.

Love to all :heart:

Terri xx

Very definitely plenty of room here for all! Never thought I’d be looking forward to being zapped, just to get closer to the finish! Xx

Hi Janey2, I’ve been for my planning meeting today and should start my radiotherapy in about 2 weeks, like you for 3 weeks.Hope it goes better than the tablets have, I’ve had loads of side effects, been taken off them for the time being. Xx

Thank you all. Appreciate the thoughts. Will let you know date I’m starting too once I know tomor. Getting early train to Cambridge as had the chance to travel there with a friend so a bit of catch up time en route. I enjoyed a lovely make up pampering this afternoon so ready to face whatever!!! Have a good day tomorrow. Sue x

Sue fingers crossed for you today and hope all goes well. Chris I started tablets last week and they seem to have given me all the worst bits of being a woman - hot flushes, PMT and morning sickness (all day!). I’m menopausal already, so hoping will settle down and I think anxiety is making it worse. Friends on other threads have also either stopped or taken a break. It does seem to be luck of the draw how we get on with them. Hugs and happy Thursday xx

Room for a Cornish maid?? finally start on the 20th, bit nervous, but glad to have a start date. Just got to confirm rads will include armpit and collarbone due to positive lymph node. 

Do i need to get creams in or are they supplied?

They did tell me to get some strappy tops, not to wear a bra and they can just pull the straps down so save a full top strip…any excuse for a shopping trip!!!

bella