cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old forum needed

17 REPLIES 17
songbird68

Re: Old forum needed

Like everyone else, the layout of the forum threads actually puts me off using them!

Thanks Jo1, I did what you said and I get the oldest thread first:)

I still think it all reads backwards though, ie reading up not down. If that makes sense?

x x

rozita

Thanks Jo. No I didn't know I've done it now thank you so much
Rozita x

Jo1

I've only been diagnosed for 2 weeks, so I don't know how the old forum was, but it sounds as though very many of you liked it a lot. I'm finding the new forum very supportive, but as I say, I'm new here.

One thing some of you have mentioned is about the posts being in the wrong order for you. I hope those of you who already know this won't mind me mentioning for anyone who doesn't know, that you can change the order of posts by clicking on 'My profile', then 'preferences' followed by 'Thread layout', where you can choose from:

• Oldest first  
  • Newest first  
  • Use default (Newest first)

Then click on 'save'.

Hope this might help some of you. Love, Jo

maggiemay22

I'm another one who's not keen on the set up of the new forum.

The old forum was a big help to me when I was diagnosed last June and I agre that there seemed to be more of a sense of community. I stopped logging on because it used to annoy me so much.

Border_Collies

I too agree that this version of the forum is not as nice as the old one.  The forum was invaluable to me back in 2012 when I joined and everyone was so supportive, however I don't come on here much these days because everything is so disjointed and I hate the way the posts are all upside down.  I used to find a post and sit and read it right back to the beginning if it was interesting but now I can't do that and I never know where to start.

B

libsue

I agree too, I first started using the forums in 2011 and the support from other ladies was amazing, certainly helped me through difficult times.

And I don't like the way posts on a thread read 'last post first' is there a way to change this display to 'first post first'?

3n3 I remember you, I think you were a Nov, Dec lady, yes?  How are you now?  Do you know how Lulu is?  She was an inspirational to us all, and very supportive, revcat too.  I hope you are well Christine.

rozita

Glad it wasn't just me that can't understand why the latest posts aren't at the top and nice to hear people from a few years ago xx rozita

Jenifer

Ruby, many of us have been pleading for a long, long time with BCC to look into the problem that you have described with Latest Posts, but they just keep telling us to 'be patient' (See the Forum Site Feedback section of 'Welcome to the forum').

I really don't understand why it was set up like that when as far as I can see every other forum on the internet has only the latest post per thread shown on their list.

Ruby1

I agree, I started using this forum in 2007 and I've given up using it on and off because each time it changed I had to try and get used to something new.  I don't mind change when it's for the better but I don't believe this time it is and yes valuable people have stopped using the forum because it's so un user friendly and frustrating.    

I also find the fact that when you go into the most recent posts page you get the post showing as a new thread/post each time somebody responds to it, rather than it just being listed once showing there is a new post or new posts!

3network3

I have to agree, posts just seem to get lost.  When I post something I always kind of know I don't get an answer anyway, which is very disappointing.  I so miss the old forum's page, where every post, no matter what appeared, a good mix, but this gave a post the biggest chance to be seen by everyone, relevant or not, and so someone got automatically more answers.  There seemed to be more of a community then.

Sad, but nothing we can do about it.

3N3

poemsgalore

I know I had problems getting used to these forums after the previous ones, but I'm used to them now and don't relish the thought of having to get used to yet more changes. rozita, I sometimes read posts but don't feel qualified to post a reply, maybe that's what has happened to some of your questions. I wouldn't know what to say to someone asking about mri or results of mri as I've never had one, so couldn't be helpful. 

poemsgalore xx

rozita

I know it seemed so much easier I'm 5 years in dec but waiting on some mri results Monday but asking questions now don't get answerd nice to see your name again xx rozita

marli

Totally agree and feel sorry for those seeking support now. Don't know how I would have got through this without the forums 5 years ago,

Jenifer

deleted

KBO

Hi, I agree, i have posted on here this AM and have had no comments but people have viewed it...x

Cherryred

I agree! I've been using this forum on and off for the last 11 years. This is my least favourite version. Older forum seemed busier, easier to navigate and to find information on various topics.

GingerLaces

Hi Rozita would agree with you. When I needed this site throughout 2011 I found it very useful and comforting. Recognise your name. It is not the same and obviously lost a lot of members. Only come on ocassionally now

rozita

Old forum needed

Is it just me but whenever I go on here to look for answers or check the inputs there doesn't seem to be the same as when it was the old forum it seemed easier n busier and you could check how everyone was doing or is it just me ? Xx