69895members
367410posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Letrozole and needing Bisphosphonates, anyone?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: On Letrozole and needing Bisphosphonates, anyone?

Glad you found it helpful. All the best.

PG xxx

Thank you so much for that link, Poems Galore.  I have downloaded the info, and will also be subscribing to the Society.

Best wishes,

Dogmad

Hi Dogmad

I don't know if you would be interested, but the following link will take you onto the National Osteoporosis Society website, to a page where you can download booklets and leaflets full of info you might find beneficial.

http://www.nos.org.uk/page.aspx?pid=1024&DeliveryChannelID=23b56292-0f3c-43ac-af13-7767ad9d4057%22%2...

Best wishes

Poemsgalore xx

Thank you both for your replies.  It has given me a lot of reassurance-  I had surgery to repair my bowel last year, as a direct effect of  chemo damage to healthy tissue, which has not helped matters!

Cherry red- I shall take on board your advice about  ensuring the medicine is taken strictly to the advice on the medicine leaflet.

Many thanks indeed.

I have taken Arimidex and weekly Alendronic Acid for the last 9 years. I haven't had any problems at all, although I am very careful to follow the instructions to the letter i.e... take on an empty stomach with plenty of water and remain upright for at least 30 mins after taking it etc. After the first year my Dexa scan had improved by 4% and I've continued to have improvement in my spine but have had minimal loss in my left hip.

Ihave  taken Letrozole and alendronic acid (bisphosphonate) for two years.

I have suffered from acid reflux for a number of years so was a bit apprehensive about  the biphosphonate. I have been prescribed Lanzeprazole which controls the acid reflux. I take the biphosphonate once a week and things are no worse on this day.

Hope you don't have any problems.

On Letrozole and needing Bisphosphonates, anyone?

Hello, ladies.  

My recent DEXA scan has shown bone thinning, so my OC has recommended I take a weekly Bisphosphonate, to prevent it progressing to osteoporosis later on. 

I already have stomach 'issues' , and occasional bouts of nausea and dizziness with the Letrozole, and so am very concerned about starting the Bisphosphonates, as I have read on the NHS website that they can cause upset stomachs etc

I would be grateful if there is anyone on this forum who is also having to take preventative Bisphosphonate alongside Letrozole, and could tell me how you are finding it?

Many thanks.