cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oncologist appointment after treatment ends

5 REPLIES 5
baylissa

Re: Oncologist appointment after treatment ends

That fits in with my appointment schedhule - finished Rads 16th Sept and my oncology appt is December 3rd.
poemsgalore

Finally got signed off, she's happy that there are no issues concerning BC and that all my other issues are being cared for by my rheumatologist. So I don't have to go back to see her again.

bettymoo

Hiya - I finished chemo on June 26th, had my mx on August 1st, started rads on 17th Sept and finished them on 7th Oct - had a letter through last week to say I've got to see my oncologist on December 23rd!! Seems like a long time to me, but I'm guessing this is normal?

mary32

Hi

I think it depends on each individuals circumstances, as Poemsgalore says. I wouldn't have seen my onc at the end of rads at all except that I was on a trail.

I did, however, have an end of treatment appointment with a nurse practitioner.I was just sent the appointment details, didn't realize I would be getting this before that.

Mary

poemsgalore

Hi,

I finished my chemo on May 23rd 2013. Didn't have Rads, but am taking Anastrazole for at least 5 years. Started them June/July 2013. I'm still seeing my onco but that's becausse I've had problems unrelated to BC. Next appointment September 2014 when she 'might' sign me off.

ProjectKylie

Oncologist appointment after treatment ends

Hi all, I finished chemotherapy 24th June, I will shortly be finishing radiotherapy and am starting Tamoxifen next week. I'm expecting my next oncology appointment to be about concluded treatment.

When should I expect to see oncology after this ?

What vital questions should I ask ?

I do not want to miss out on gaining vital information and would value your input.

Thankyou ladies xx