Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oncology

3 REPLIES 3
Seabreeze

Re: Oncology

Hi Dmcf,
It may be that different hospitals take different approaches....I was told by the oncologist that I would get my results from her ie regardless of what the results were. I guess a lot of places do it that way in case anyone has follow up q's even it they are told its not cancer but one of the other more harmless lumps.
Try to do some relaxing things over the weekend. It may also be an idea to think if you want to ask someone close to you to go with you next week (if its good news you can still hug them with relief!)
Seabreeze
Dmcf

Thanks sea breeze. Yeah I was informed id get an appointment sooner than the one I already had booked for the 30th. I was expecting a letter but got a call instead. And I thought it would be in the breast screening clinic but it's in oncology which is the bit that's causing a little worry x x
Seabreeze

Hi dmcf,
When I had my biopsy done they told me they would see me in a weeks time (to the day) when they would inform me about the results. I was sent a letter a few days later with the time of the appointment. Not sure if that helps, it seems different hospitals take slightly different approaches but most of the women I have spoken to have been told their results in person not over the phone.
Appreciate it's a worry time waiting - hope the results are good and try to keep as calm as you can during the week.
Seabreeze.
Dmcf

Oncology

Had my biopsy Monday in breast screening had a call today & I have an appointment on Wednesday in oncology. Is this the normal progression after a biopsy. Thanks for reading & replies in advance x x