I had the oncotype-dx test and came back in the high risk category so obviously went for chemo. If I hadn't had the test I would still have opted for chemo. My surgeon is a great believer in the test and firmly believes that a low risk result means there would be no benefit to chemo. You can find data on the internet that backs this up.
I do understand what you're saying about having made the decision to go ahead with chemo and if that's how you feel I wouldn't bother doing the test, especially not if you have to fund it yourself! I don't think many people on here have had it, I don't regret doing it (the hospital funded it for me) and I'm fairly sure I would have turned down chemo if I'd had a low score.
It's not an easy decision to make, good luck xx
Well this storm is becoming a bit of a swirling vortex of confusion.
Last Friday I was told by my consultant that the MDT team recommended radio and hormoe treatment.
Then called in yesterday to be told they were now adding in chemo.
Today have had a call suggesting I have the Oncotype DX test (cost £2600).
So having just got my head around having chemo and planning everything out I am now wondering whether this the thing to do.
Feel in part that I have already made the decision to hit the chemo and handle the side effects so even if a test comes back and says risk is low don't need to go for it I still would want to.
Can anyone understand what I'm saying?