One sided breast pain - worried

Hi, a couple of days ago I developed pain in the tissue at the top of my left breast, it feels inflamed and spreads right up to my neck. The top of the breast and the area directly above it is sore to the touch. There’s what feels like a lump in the area that’s also sore to touch but it’s hard to tell as my breasts are quite lumpy anyway. That breast looks a bit bigger than the other and the area above it a bit more fleshy so it could be swollen but could just be that this breast is a bit bigger anyway! The pain is achy and sore. Feels very different to usual hormonal type pain. I have no other symptoms. I’ve just been through a first trimester miscarriage following IVF, age 40. I’m aware that after this I’m pretty anxious in general so trying not to panic, but the only thing I can find online that corresponds at all to my symptoms is inflammatory breast cancer so I’m a bit worried. I can’t get to a doctor for a few days so would really appreciate any thoughts. Many thanks.​

Hi Hyphen, 

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling anxious about the pain you are experiencing. Our users are very supportive and I am sure they will be along to share soon. 

If you would like to talk through any questions you may have please do call ourhelplineon 0808 800 6000 who can offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Many thanks Lizzie and Kess, I’ve had a reassuring chat with one of the advisors and my GP has referred me to the breast clinic. Appreciate your replies.