Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One year post secondary diagnosis

2 REPLIES 2

Re: One year post secondary diagnosis

Thank you Helen I will follow you closely. Wish you lots of good luck xx

Re: One year post secondary diagnosis

Hi Anne

You sound so positive, it must be really encouraging to have some good news regarding your treatment. Long may it continue! I am 3 & a half years in and touch wood doing ok at the moment too. My story is in this section '3 years after SBC diagnosis'.

Take care, love Helen xx

Highlighted

One year post secondary diagnosis

hello everyone, I have spent many hours reading your stories so now I have some good news it's time to share mine! I was diagnosed with primary breast cancer with lymph nodes affected in January 2014. Nearly a year later and after 8 sessions of chemo, a wide local excision and 28 days of radiotherapy I thought it was all behind me. in May 2015 I was diagnosed with 2 tumours in the liver and then in August a small tumour in my lower spine. Obviously I was pretty upset with all that! Anyway, to cut a long story short my onc changed me from Letrozol to Tamoxifen, I had a radio frequency ablation on the liver Mets in June and then in September I had Cyberknife radiotherapy on my spine. I want to share this because I have not read many cases on the forum which mention these treatments. I was lucky to have an onc who was prepared to think creatively about my case. And also lucky to have insurance to cover the Cyberknife. But I also think you have to fight to get these things and make sure you are proactive about everything. So, the good news is I have PET scans every 3 months and the last 3 have been completely clear! I have denusonab injections every 4 weeks and continue on Tamoxifen. I also radically changed my diet when I got my secondary diagnosis. I am now gluten and dairy free and try to consume as little sugar as possible although the odd glass of wine remains essential! I am 54 years old and am starting to believe that I will have the privilege of growing old. Good luck to you all.