Oopherectomy

Hi I’m having my oopherectomy on Friday how soon can I expect menopause to hit? Any suggestions as to what I take with me would be greatly appreciated x

Hi mazrid

I am sorry that you havent received a response yet.  I know that there are women on this forum who have had an oopherectomy and hope that this reply will bump the message up for you.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, please pop back and let us know how you are if you are able.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Thank you still haven’t been told much although healing could well take a while as I’m a diabetic and my healing power is much slower however I do intend to have quite a while off work as I’m a housekeeper so there’s lots of bending, stretching & lifting thank you for your reply x

Hi Ladies. I had Oopherectomy in March. I had keyhole surgery and was up about after a couple of days and back at work after two week. I did get tired really quickly and sore if I over did things do make sure you take the time to rest. The body still needs to heal internally even though the outside looks fine. My menopausal symptoms kicked in about 5 days after which was a bit of a shock to get everything at the same time rather than over a few years. If you would like me to share more details just let me know. Hope your op went well Madrid…xx

Sorry Mazrid…auto correct and being 5am!!..xx

Poppy ,I had ovaries removed in April as part of full hysterectomy -can I ask whether your menopausal symptoms have settled -Im still getting them with a vengeance 6 months on .

I’ve just invested in Lady care magnet -only had it 3 days supposed to take weeks if it is going to help . Will let you know .

Well 10 days post op tomorrow has all been much better than expected the stitches are supposed to dissolve but don’t appear to have changed apart from feeling like tight string going to drs tomorrow as the nurse said at 10 days I could get them removed have been into town started the Christmas shopping got the bus home and walked the rest !! Odd cry now and again but that’s the lack of oestrogen I’d say so far hot flushes have only been warm and only a couple a day x

I’m about 2 and a half weeks post op still farting lol but can wear my jeans now and again living in leggings mainly the nurse took my stitches out didn’t hurt one bit but instant relief I’m back driving and been having a good clean ! Take care x