cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Op booked for 16th June

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Op booked for 16th June

Hi MAHJfam20
Glad you have managed to get away for a few days. I took a couple of magazines in with me and phone. Op was the afternoon so read the mags in the morning, then people watched the rest of the time. All the best for Friday. Happy for you to message me if you have any questions you think I might be able to help you with. Positive thoughts as always xx

My op (mx) is on Friday 23/6 so we have had a few days away touring borders and Scotland on motorcycle as I wont be able to get back out on it for quite a while. Home Thursday to prep for Friday-puzzle books etc. 

Hi Cosmo

Came home last night, bit sore as I have a drain in but keeping on top of the pain relief. Have to go back on Monday to have the drain taken out.
How are you feeling now?
Positive thoughts as always xx

Hi Ollybobs

Thinking of you today and sending all best wishes.  

I ended up staying in overnight - but actually this was a blessing as it meant that the nursing team cleaned up and put on new dressings before I went home.  so now 48 hours later - and just feeling a little uncomfortable and itchy.  Important to stay on top of the pain relief and get lots of fresh air to clear out the after effects of anaesthetic.  Hopefully you will be home for the weekend and able to sit out in the sun.   Take care

Cosmo xx

Thank you MAHJfam20.
I will let you know and thanks for the tip about the meds. Positive thoughts as always. X

I had mine done as a day case too. Just sod's law that it was a lot bigger than they thought (typical of the sort I have) so they couldn't remove it all. I am booked in for mastectomy on 23rd June... as a day case again, but this time ill be out with drains in. 

Hope your surgery went well and that you are on the mend. Top tip...take the painkillers-don't try to stop them too soon. X

Thank you Debbie1964 xx

Good luck for tomorrow, wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Friday is my op date. Will put a few things together tomorrow to take in with me x positive thoughts as always. Xx

Hi a week on and everything is good , wound healing well , full movement in arm , but a little tender in armpit a funny numb feeling . Ive got my appointment for follow up 20th June just praying all was well .
Positive thought 😀

All the best for tomorrow cosmo. Be thinking if you.

Positive thoughts coming your way

Xx
Community Champion

mattsmum

How are the exercises going x

Hi Cosmo,

I have cleaned throughout, today I have washed the nets and windows, also mowed the lawn. Hope you are ok and are resting before Tuesday x positive thoughts ladies xx

I was out same evening x

Hi Mattsmum,

I hope I feel the same after mine. Did you come out the same day?
Positive thoughts xx

Hi
I had my op on 6th 3 days ago . I had a wire in and dye injected on morning of op , then to theatre . My breast seems to look ok just one scar that i cant see as its dressed . I honestly cant believe how good i feel , i took paracetamol first 2 days but not needed any today its just a slight ache when i lift my arm . I even had a walk round town this morning . Good luck ladies and stay positive xx

Hi Cosmo
Yes day case as well for me. Have to be in for 7.30am. Operation is booked for 1.30pm. My daughter has to phone at 5pm for information on discharge. To be honest I would rather be at home recovering rather than on a ward. I get the smurf die on Friday morning. As we are close with op dates shall we PM each other or messenger. Fully understand if you would rather not. Xx

Hi Ollybobs

I am booked for surgery on Tuesday 13th June. Plan for breast conserving on right and redcution on left. Have spent most of this week 'nesting' getting on with the jobs that may not be up to next week.  Its sort of like time has stood still.  Got my sentinel node stuff on Monday - so looking forward to turning into a smurf for a few days.  Am still amazed they can do this surgery in day case. Is this same for you

Cosmo xx

Op booked for 16th June

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone else has their op booked for next week. I'm booked in for a mastectomy on Friday 16th June. Be good to talk to you if your op is in the same week. 

Positive thoughts all all the way xx