thank you so much for your replies. To say I was devastated is an understatement but Im feeling okish about it now. Am now having some tests on my heart and once the results of that are in, I'll meet with my surgeons and go from there. Just cant help thinking that today would probably have been the day I was coming out of hospital and that it would have all been behind me now! ggrrrrrrrrr Oh well, at least it means Ive been able to spend the easter holidays with the children so we'll plan some nice things for next week. My op, whatever shape it takes now, will come round soon enough! Thank you again and best wishes to all of you in this waiting game!! xx
i know how you must be feeling the same thing happend to me i was due to have recon work done after mx and ld flap had lipofill in june last year and was about to have it done for the second time .went for pre op two days before i was due to have operation but there was a problem with my heart rate so they cancelled my op they sent me straight to my gp but when i was there heart rate was normal hospital wanted another ecg done which i had to wait another 10 days for . i am now waiting to see cardiologist but cant get in untill 20 april so i am in limbo at the moment cant book a holiday or anything and have no idea when they will be able to do operation now . apart from that i have the extra worry of what problem i have with my heart . hope they sort yours out and you not waiting to long for them to fit you in again its frustrating but better to be on the safe side .best wishes linda
Oh! Karen. How horrendous. You just cry and scream as much as you want. I can't imagine how you're feeling at the moment but you do have my utmost sympathy. Knowing that they were doing it with your best interests in mind isn't really any consolation after the pressure of the build-up to your op. Six weeks seems to be a very long time to have to wait for the rescheduled surgery - I wonder if your GP could put pressure on the hospital to speed things up.
I am currently just numb. I was due to have a mx and diep recosntruction yesterday with reduction on the other side. After weeks of worry, stress, and build up to a date I finally thought that yesterday would be the start of me getting better and being cancer free. All preops done and fine, was literally on the table all ready to be wheeled into theatre when the anaesthatist noticed my heart monitor showed a trace that was different to what they had from me so op cancelled. I know it was the safe thing to do blah blah but oh my god, i am just so gutted and just feel in limbo now. I have to have tests on my heart now (even though all the tests they did at the hopsital yesterday were normal) and could be another 6 weeks before they reschedule surgery and now will probably have to look at other options. I just feel like Im back at square one with an added problem. sorry for moaning, i just want to cry and scream