Op day aftger tomorrow (Thursday then 2 weeks waiting for results

I live in Stevenage and am having a segmental mastectomy this Thursday where they are removing two lumps and surrounding tissue and also some lymph nodes to test. I then have to wait 2 weeks for the results to determine the next course of action. Anyone else living in my area experiencing similar? How do you cope coming to terms with this and waiting for more results? My emotions are all over the place at the moment.

Hi LesW
I live in Stevenage , Had my 1st Op on 27th June , they did not get a clear margin so had 2nd on 30th July waiting to get results for 2nd op on Thursday this week. The 1st week is easy as you are really not well- ( im a quick healer but even I got tired). Dont expect too much just go with the flow as what I have found is things change. Just take each day as it comes, the time will pass quickly but if you allow yourself it will drive you crazy.
PM me if you want us to speak off line and give each other support.

Regards
BMW07

I live in London. Had to wait 3 weeks for results from my surgery and two more weeks to see the oncologist (and that was after making a fuss). I also waited four weeks for my surgery from when I was first diagnosed - I think that may be the maximum the guidelines allow unless there is a clinical reason to delay. I think these waits are fairly normal even though it feels like forever. Cancer doesn’t move that fast so don’t worry that the wait will impact the outcome. It is more that it is psychological torture.

Hello ladies

I live in WGC and had my op in January, I’m now 6 rads left for treatment to be finished. The waiting is definitely the worse part of it all. I too had the 2 week wait for results after op, then a further wait to decide if I needed chemo, which I did. The only thing that seemed quick was the rads appr which came through before the end of chemo.

I can only say though docs and nurses fab, and if any doubts get in touch with BCN they chased things for me when waiting got too much.

Goodluck ladies, it’s a long road but you do get there in the end.

Carolyn

I was lucky I only waited a week. Thankful to the bank hol. I live in Wales and awaiting whether it is rad only hoping and prayer it is .i am a her2 positive estogen positive and less and 3cm and no lymph node involvement.Lumpectomy .I am off to ozzy tomorrow to find out.
Recovered quite well from surgery full movement in arm. I have a stitch stuck so I presume I will be squealling like a pig in avo.
First time on here so not quite sure how it works.
Fingers crossed for me
Nic

Hi Nic and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the valuable support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpline for further support and information, lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000.

The following link will take you to the BCC ‘Just diagnosed’ and ‘Treatments’ information pages where you will find further support ideas and information in various forms:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care

Lucy