Op next week

Im due to have lump removed and blue dye thing next fri, Im so scared , they have said my underarm scan was negative.But im scared it has spread not sure how to deal with this to be honest.And to have to wait two weeks to find out is stressful.I have tried to keep busy and it has helped being at work.
Want to say thankyou to the ladies who have sent me kind messages of support.xxx

the waiting is the hardest part, i worked as it kept my mind off it , take comfort from allthe support you will get on this site and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
hugs to you
Fi XX

hi,

Are you scared of the op , or scared of it spreading??

honestly the blue die thing and the op is really not bad. I have a huge needle and hospital thing going on and i coped. i could certainly do it all again.

if they thought it had spread they would be taking you main nodes out, not just testing your guardian nodes with the blue die procedure.

some active things you can do. download the exercises from this site and learn them before the op. then you can start them on day one and get your movement back.

If you have a large cup, go out and get measured for a sports bra with separate cups and no underwire.you will need to wear it 24/7 to be comfortable.

There are lots of people diagnose with breast cancer that do not need chemo. I just needed rads and hormone therapy. So hold onto the fact that it could all be over in a few monts

Hi

I am not due my surgery until 13 oct. I have been told my underarm scan is negative and have to have the blue dye thing as well. I am having mastectomy as I feel this is the best way forward for me. I just try to keep as busy as I can and take each day at a time. Good luck for next week and sending you all my support.M

Hi

I am having my WLE and ANC on the same day (Fri 30th) and have had to wait since I saw the surgeon on 6 Sept.

My underarm scan showed a lump which proved positive for cancer cells by biopsy as did my breast lump, although they are both in early stage.

Jean x

Hi happygolucky, I have just had the isotope injection then lumpectomy which included the blue dye and one node taken. The isotope injection was on par with a local anaesthetic, and the op, well I had a general so I only was aware of the canula going in my hand and 2 minutes later I was out.

Best of luck, since the operation I have taken a couple of paracetamol, the worst has been not washing my stinky pit!

Well I am back home after op had to stay in over night due to being unwell and my wounds bleeding.Feel better now and glad that its over , and ready for the next step.xxxx

Hi

Glad everything went ok ladies, waiting my turn on 13th, not looking forward to it but will be glad when my gremlin has been evicted!!! M