1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Op results 14out of 15 nodes with cancer and dots of cancer throughout breast

7 REPLIES 7
LollyMum

Re: Op results 14out of 15 nodes with cancer and dots of cancer throughout breast

Try not to worry - whatever it is chemo will zap it. I had two "shadows" in my pelvis area on CT scan but my oncologist said the same as yours. 

Friday 13th - my lucky day (no really - I'm Aquarian).   HOpe it is for you too

Jules1064

Re: Op results 14out of 15 nodes with cancer and dots of cancer throughout breast

Thanks. Got scan results. They show a small module in my lung and a small thickening near my spine but the oncologist said they could be anything. Too small to biopsy. Need not to double check. Start chemo on Friday 13th June.

LollyMum

Wondering how you got on Jules and to say I'm hoping it is some good news on the scans. I have Grade 3 with lymph node involvement (not sure how many as only had biopsies). However I'm now on chemo four of six before surgery and the lymph nodes now feel normal to my oncologists (two exams).  Once you have your scan results and can crack on with treatment it is really true that you can feel more yourself.   My tumour is large, so my chemo is to shrink it before surgery to give best possible chance of clear margins. 

Thinking of you

LM

Jules1064

Thank you. I spoke to one of the wonderful ladies on the help line and finally plucked up the courage to ask my bcn about my cancer. It's grade 3 lobular cancer. It is aggressive too. But now I have finally taken my head out the sand and know what I am dealing with instead of letting my imagination go wild. She said she will try and get my scan results through before 23rd because my husband will be working the following 3 days and I would be on my own. I see the oncologist on 23rd and will probably start chemo the week after. I am dreading it but at least it will be the start of getting better
busyanne

Jules the waiting is the hardest.  Once you start treatment you will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Don't be anxious about the number of node involvement a lot of ladies experience this and go on to have a successful treatment plan in place.  Thinking of you, good luck.

Kess

Hi Jules. The waiting is the hardest part for all of us. Hang in there and hoping for the best for you.
June_BCC

Hello Jules1064

Welcome to the forums.

This must be very difficult time for you,  I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer practical information as well as emotional support. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

best wishes

June, moderator

Jules1064

Op results 14out of 15 nodes with cancer and dots of cancer throughout breast

Just had my results after lumpectomy and lymph node removal on 14/4. I expected the all clear but it was bad news. 14 of the 15 nodes had cancer and the Con said there was dots of cancer throughout my breast. Seeing oncology next week about chemo then need a mastectomy after that. Just a full body scan yesterday to see if it has spread. More dreaded results to wait for. The radiologist yesterday who did my scan had breast cancer in 2011 and said your forum was a great help. I am so frightened it has spread.