Op this Friday

I was dx with high grade DCIS 10mm just before Christmas completely out of the blue. I went as I was uncomfortable under my right arm and they found it in my left breast (someone was definitely looking after me). I am having a wle on Friday, yes Friday 13th, although lots of my friends tell me its lucky for them!

At the moment I am concerned about the wire which is being put in the day before. Is the procedure like the biopsy and will it be easy to cope with overnight?

Thank you

Jayne

Hi minij,

I had two wires inserted, no pain or discomfort, you really wouldn’t know they were there, so hope this eases your worries. I did not have them in overnight only for a few hours till op, but honestly fine xx

Hi Jayne

My DCIS was diagnosed in exactly the same way, I had tenderness in my right armpit which turned out to be nothing but DCIS intermediate, 9mm found in my left breast. Strange!

The wire procedure was very similar to the biopsy, mammogram used to guide the wire to the correct place and then the area was taped and dressed so that I hardly knew it was there. The wire is small, fine and flexible…nothing like my imagined half a coathanger at all! I agree with katytc, it was fine and nothing to worry about.

Good luck with the op on friday xx

Thank you so much both of you, you are right, it does sound like a coathanger!!

I hope you are both doing well.

Jayne xxx

Hi Jayne,

I was diagnosed with High Grade DCIS in December and due to have WLE next Wednesday. Wishing you well in your recovery

just wanted to say, it was nothing like a coathanger (!) and the wire really caused me no discomfort.

Off to the hospital in an hour, a little nervous I must admit, but who isnt before an op.

Love, good luck for next Wednesday and do let me know how you get on, as much as we dont want anyone else to go through the same thing, its nice to have someone to talk to.

Jayne x

Glad wire went fine for you, all the best for your op, take care and hugs to you xx

Hi Jayne,

Op went well. I chuckled a bit when I saw the wire (re coathanger). I will be having reexcision and on the 8th Feb 2012. I will request a copy of the pathology report as I saw your other posting about info on discussions.

Love x

Good luck for the 8th Love.

I requested the path report last week and guess what I forgot to collect this week, when I signed up for radio therapy, yes the path report!!! Will have to contact the breast care nurse.

Jayne x

Hi Mini,
I had wire biop on 12th Dec - re exicion on 13th jan. Showed a little more DCIS so haveing another excision on 14th Feb. Allseems unreal as I feel so perfectly healthy - can’t get to grips that there is sumthing not quite right with me. Family treating me with kid gloves which annoys me at times then sometimes when not undrestanding just want to scream at them - saying - do you not know wHAT I’m going through!! A real emotional rollercoaster!! Good luk - I am just accepting that I am in the hands of my results and consultants - we sadly cnnot change our dx! x