cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Op yesterday

27 REPLIES 27
Woodview

Re: Op yesterday

I know I didn't think when I registered just used something I can remember haha !! ,yes I do know what you mean to me this all sounds surreal I was in a history programme as my Mum and Sister had BC you know it was pure fluke they found it I was asked to go to an appointment in October but my due date for clinic was March so I went because they had noted hormone changes last Christmas (on my routine mammogram ) they said nothing to worry about so I thought the October appointment was following up that but no it was a mistake but while I was there the BCN said was everything ok and I said I thought I could feel something so she said she would check and said thought she could feel something also so that's why I had mammogram and US they did find a lump not palpable and not where we had thought there was one .Ironic part about it the appointment I should be going to in March was I have been told going to be my last appointment on the family history programme because I am now 60 if I had been left 3 years I could have been in a completely different situation .So I am so thankful
Sorry just wanted you all to know how unfair it is to take people off these programmes I am going to fight the cause with my local CCG
Ok rant over
Thanks girls for listening
Xx
Katherine62

Hi Elaine

haha! I knew it! mind you I'm a fine one to talk... my forum name being Katherine (first) but my real name being Jane (second name).

Everyone at the hospital called me Katherine and when i first logged on here, in a completely terrified and panicky state, I felt more like the Katherine they called me than the Jane I really am, if that makes any sense at all.

It really messes with your whole identity this stuff doesn't it? The only people who call me Katherine are the hospital bods.

hugs

jane

Woodview

Sorry it's Elaine xx
Katherine62

Good girl Jilly with the gin, and sorry you feel so low. It's a lot to come to terms with even after treatment i expect. Life changes.....

xx

Katherine62

bless your heart woodview (although I can not believe that is your proper name!)XX
jillybee

Reading this thread.....oh,just feeling for us all.Am not due any chemo,but have fluid or hernia following DIEP,over 4 months ago.Waiting for CT scan,the 6 weeks waiting time is end of next week,heard nothing .....have called them,but as I am now routine,have to wait.Last year,following bi lateral mastectomy, then having 8 lots of surgery,ending with no implants,hence DIEP end of July,had problems now,with that ....BUT we are a positive lot here.I am feeling low for different reasons,but want to give everyone a hug.Nearly crying now.....life is not easy,is it???

P.S.....recently got stuck with trying to get freezer tray back in,feel tears coming,just threw it down on floor,along with dome frozen food and just howled.Hubby Made me a G and T,and when his back was turned,I topped glass up with more gin.
Woodview

I know when I found out I wanted to go in a field and scream I walked around the shops screaming in my head 'I have cancer' but now I am just thinking about the journey I have to go on well we all have to go on ,but you know how we all keep our chins up for family and friends this is the place where we can rant cry say how we feel and not be afraid of any reaction or hurt we cause our loved ones .I am so grateful to you all for responding Girls we can do this there are no people on earth stronger than us ladies we will all help each other with virtual hugs and an understanding of what it is really going on
Xx
Katherine62

Must let them out... it's the body's way of reducing stress and essential to have a good bawl every so often. I do, i bet we all do. It's a rough old ride. Have you talked to your GP about getting something to help you sleep  or calm you down when you get terrified cancer head and can't shift it? This is exactly the time we need that type of thing, even if normally we poo-poo that type of stuff.

Jane xxx

Susan8574

Thanks ladies, Iv been so strong but now in bits, scared that it's in one of the nodes, scared about it all really, but yes one procedure at a time, tears now flowing , they have been stored up for weeks x
Annie25

Hi Maggie, Jane, Sam , Elaine and Susan et al - yes- this is a busy train! Many thanks for the timely reminder - one day at a time - spot on - I needed that today ! Annie
Katherine62

it looks like loads of us will be kicking off 2015 with chemo.... we will all be able to look after each other in our virtual way.

hugs to all

Jane

Woodview

Good idea good luck for Monday we can all go on the journey together ,hope you are feeling comfortable after your op
Take care
Elaine
Brewster

Hi All

Am hoping I might be on a similar timeframe to you guys. I was diagnosed October 9th with TNBC. just had bilateral mastectomies last Friday. So one week post op today. Sentinel nodes were clear but they are testing muscle from chest wall as it was sat right at back of breast. Get results a week on Monday and start. Chemo... Probably after Xmas

We should start a post chrismas chemo thread 😄😄😄
Woodview

Hi Annie I know it's a hard call my surgeon said take one day at a time it's good advice but I do t know about you but I need to plan things that's how I keep myself going ,I see oncologist on Monday haven't had my scan yet but BCN says they might decide to start chemo straight away or after Christmas so can't do much until I have the decision .Going to sort out a wig next week not sure about trying cold cap but don't think I can cope with the worry of will it or won't it fall out so think I will take the plunge all I am thinking is it's a means to an end and when we all get better and through this it's little price to pay .
Good luck to you and Susan and all the ladies who read this maybe we will get together again on the chemo thread be good to have support as we are all going through around the same time x
Annie25

Hi Elaine and Susan - am in similar position to you both. Mx 2 weeks ago, result yesterday. Micro in one node, other 2 clear . Was pleased it's not spread of course and had expected to need rads but shocked to have chemo. Hormone markers unclear . More info awaited. Will be jan before I see oncologist / start chemo. Finding it hard to know what to drop / keep up with over next 6 months. Good luck ladies
Woodview

Hi Susan I'm so sorry to hear your news I know it's no consolation but your going to get your treatment soon and the experts will make you well .Think of it as the beginning of the journey we are all on together ,I will always be here to give you support when you want a rant because I know I will need that support from you
Please keep in touch and let me know how your going .Good luck for Monday .We will get through this x
Susan8574

Just got back, and not good news, cancer upgraded to a 2, mastectomy and node clearance needed as it is in one of the two nodes they removed, op on Monday, shocked and stunned is an understatement , 😞
Woodview

Hi Susan hope you got good results please let me know how you are I have been thinking about you all day knowing what you are going through
Lots of good wishes and fingers crossed
Elaine
Susan8574

Two nights of bad dreams, relating to the news, slept well though despite the dreams lol
Woodview

Hi Susan hope all goes well tomorrow I joined you in the low day yesterday it was a bit of a double edged sword told it was good news as no spread and of course it was but didn't expect the chemo and hormone therapy and I was surprised how much it affected me even though I thought I was prepared to hear it .But you know we can support each other as we go along ,please keep in touch ,I have my fingers crossed for you
Elaine x
Susan8574

Thanks for letting me know, it's all a worry isn't it, my results tomorrow at 6pm, had a Low day today , nervous x
Woodview

Hi got my results today no spread to sentinel node but triple positive BC so having CT scan next week and see oncologist the week after to start Chemotherapy and Herceptin to make sure it doesn't come back .Feeling shell shocked at the moment and worried about CT but I know once I start the treatment I know I will feel better.Please let me know how you get on on Thursday and good luck x
Woodview

Hi Susan yes I will do ,fingers crossed for you on Thursday
Elaine x
Woodview

Hi Susan yes I will do fingers crossed for you on Thursday
Elaine x
Susan8574

Had same op as you, please let me know that your results are good, Susan , get mine on Thursday x
Woodview

Had lumpectomy and2 sentinel nodes removed last week ,feeling well apart from worrying about results tomorrow trying to keep positive
Glad your feeling better , like you said Susan onwards and upwards
Take care of yourself
Elaine x
Jaye

Hope you are feeling better, it's good to get the op over with isn't it.  

All the best for a quick recovery

Jaye x

Susan8574

Op yesterday

Had my lumpectomy yesterday , felt poorly after , like the worst hangover without the fun, painful , home same night, 2 nodes removed as well, results oh Thursday , today not as woozy, able to potter, managed a bath and hair wash over the bath, blue wee due to radioactive injection, onwards and upwards x