Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation on wed 16th

18 REPLIES 18
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Operation on wed 16th

I had all nodes removed and lumpectomy as had invasive ductal in abit of pain hurts to do shoulder movement was thinking of leaving it a day or to x
Dana1

I had 3 nodes removed and my lump was outside of breast just under arm so wounds both in same area. Was very swollen and still is to some extent. I only started doing exercises last week as anaesthetic brain forgot they were in booklet and was waiting for physio to send. But I can lift my arm it does pull a bit but I keep on doing as much as the pain allows. Xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Gonna start with the shoulder movement today just really sore arm pit ,how long has it took u Dana to be able lift ur arm up xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hope all goes well with ur results from ur MRI Bella let me know how u get on,that's brill news I'm glad ur still writing hope to be able to read some of ur work ,I hate the waiting I get my pathology results next fri really scared just hope the out come is good news xxx
Dana1

Hi Sue had my lumpectomy 2 weeks ago and am getting on ok. Glad to hear you are home and ok. Take it easy and be kind to yourself. Don't forget to do your exercises as soon as you can lol. I hate them but know everything will stiffen up if I don't. Take care xx D
Guest user
Not applicable

Good news...I'm glad you are well! I'm going to see consultant tomorrow to hear results of MRI and what surgery he is going to do. Very nervous I wish it was today I hate the waiting and not knowing.

Have decided today to keep busy going to *try* and do some work. Writing comedy with cancer is a big ask though...God knows what I will pen. But it beats staring at the wall and wondering who will cry at my funeral.

L x
Guest user
Not applicable

Had operation yesterday all went well in abit of pain didn't really sleep much last night but at least I got to come home same day happy bunny xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi leesa it's about how u feel about going public if ur not ready to do it then I wouldn't just take time on how ur feeling and then when the times right maybe u will feel like going public I'm here if ya need to chat big hugs x
Guest user
Not applicable

I can totally understand I'm really worried about losing my hair and wondering what I'll look like wearing a wig it's not vain at all hun right down to the possibility off losing my eyebrows I have them tinted and waxed every other week so it is a big change xx
Guest user
Not applicable

It's mostly because of my job. I am a writer and quite well known where I live. I've had to cancel a few things already as I don't want to face people. I have even had journalists contacting me about going 'public' so the thoughts of everyones eyes on me frail with no hair and pity terrifies me. Sounds so vain but that's just how I feel.
Guest user
Not applicable

The though of chemo is scary leesa but think I'll be able to cope better than surgery which to me is weird hope all goes well for u hun I'm here if u ever need to chat x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks guys for ur reply I'm also having all lymph nodes removed at same time as lumpectomy surgeon said there's a big possibility I will need chemo after surgery followed by radiotherapy ,if u ever need to chat magical moon I'm here as I know how much u need to let off steam it feels great to let it all out I think I really need to find a hobby of some sort I hope ur pre op goes well big hugs x
Magical_Moon

Hi Leesa,
My current treatment plan is a WLE and SNB followed by Radiotherapy and Hormone Therapy. My Consultant Surgeon, however, did say that depending on what they find after surgery, I may need chemo.
Like you chemo frightens me even more than the operation.
I am just hoping that nothing is found in my Sentinel Lymph Nodes and the surgeon gets clear margins.
But like I said in my other post in this thread, I am trying to stay positive, just deal with each day at a time and not dwell on the 'what if's'.
This forum has been a great help too!!!

Magical_Moon

Hello Sue,
I can fully understand you feeling really scare about your lumpectomy operation. I am going to be just like you on Friday 25 October when I have my lumpectomy.
I have the same diagnosis as you. Ductal Invasive Cancer Grade 3. Nothing sinister showing in my lymph nodes on the ultrasound but they are going to do a Sentinel Node Biopsy at same time to make sure.
My pre-operation assessment is on Wednesday and my anxiety will get higher again that day.
I wish you good luck with your surgery and hope everything goes well for you.
Feeling scared is a very unpleasant emotion and each person has their own way of dealing with it.
My way of dealing with feeling scared about cancer and my imminent operation/treatment is to repeat a POSITIVE MANTRA in my head until my anxiety subsides. I also find it is helpful to re-focus on something in my garden, house or from my 'happy memories' box in my mind to re-direct my thought patterns.
Last year, I had CBT counselling (not related to cancer) and this focused on 'living in the now' and not enabling negative thought patterns to overwhelm you.
I am frightened that, after the operation, I will not be able to look after myself while I heal. (I live alone and have no family or close friends). When I was first diagnosed on 3 October, this thought truly overwhelmed me to the point of having constant palpitations. These have subsided in the past few days.
I know we are both frightened but WE CAN do this and WE WILL cope!!!
Peace and Positivity,
M
PS. Good Luck on Wednesday, Sue......Big Hug.
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck x

Are you having chemo or radiotherapy afterwards? X I am waiting to hear what treatment I am getting. Dreading having chemo out of everything even surgery.

Leesa
Jo_BCC

Hi Sue,

Good to see you're getting some support from your fellow forum users.  I've put for you below the link to BCC's  publication 'Your operation and recovery'  I hope you find it helpful.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/your-operation-recovery-bcc1...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you hun and I will just really scared I know this seems daft I just hope I wake up after surgery I'm such a drama queen x
Looby52

Hi Sue, It's good you have a date for your operation to get rid of your cancer. Take support from your family and friends who are all there to help you through this difficult time. Sending you a big hug! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Operation on wed 16th

I have my lumpectomy on wed as I have grade 3 invasive ductal I'm really scared all sorts are going threw my head so tired due to not sleeping well just hope all goes well feeling sad 😞 xx