Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation tomorrow 18th May

16 REPLIES 16
Anniej
Community Champion

Re: Operation tomorrow 18th May

Hi Mishy, well done, that's got rid of the little so and so. Take it easy, eat light and drink loads. Crack on with the exercises, and get fit for the next step along the way. X

Thanks ladies taking good your advice! Had terrible heartburn today off the ibuprofen so eating light today! Everyone has been great my sons taking it quite bad I have reassured him but I think it's just the shock we find out whether my daughter is having a girl or boy this Tuesday coming so I think it will be a good distraction from all of this x

Mishy

So glad to hear that you are the other side of your op, that is great.

Well for now concentrate on getting over your op and recovering, the rest can wait.  Very god advise from Flyingarcher, and remember to do your exercises, they recommend 3 times a day, basic ones for the first week and then going on to the others from there.

Take it easy now and let others help you mate

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

Anniej
Community Champion

Mishy, so pleased your little b has gone. Yes indeed, the RVI is a marvellous place. I'm a bit ahead of you, so want to reassure you that the next step along the way is not as scary as you are thinking. You will be told by your consultant that the chemo and radiotherapy are 'belt and braces'. It's like having to take nasty medicine, awful, but it fixes you. I had a ductal carcinoma with  full node excision, and I have had my first chemo. I've been very very  lucky, so far. The Freeman provided me with great anti sick pills which did the job. When I've been tired , I've rested, and have managed a walk almost every day. I'm now looking at round 2, so a bit nearer the end of my journey. I am being monitored very very carefully, and have been assured I will not be asked to do anything, or carry on with any treatment my body cannot take. It's cure, not kill!!! If you need some support then do try to call into Maggies. It's a wonderful place. Wishing you lots of luck with your onward journey. Might see you around. X

Thanks H I will definitely be taking your advice take care of yourself too!
Mx

Glad the little bugger is gone to the lab to have horrid things done to it.  Look after yourself.  You will feel quite tired and fatigues for a while.  Your under arm will likely be more troublesome than your boob.   Be queen for a while and make sure everyone runs round you.   Take regular painkillers for the next couple of days even if you don't need them.  I upped my water intake and so got rid of the blue dye quite quickly.  

you will feel ok but take it steady.  An hour out may mean two hours bed rest afterwards for the first week.

it's been fab having this forum.  I'm sure it helps the recovery process.

best wishes

H

On a more positive note the little **** is out and relief is an understatement! Just wish they could test everything on day of op so you could put it a behind you before treatment Starts! I honestly don't think I could have been given more support from anyone than from a group of women I don't even know! This forum is so valuable it saves you having to keep it all in for fear of upsetting people around you xxxx The staff in RVI Newcastle have been amazing the whole team deserve a medal for the hard job they do

So I made it through surgery not as sore as I thought I would be today but it still hurts! Never slept a wink last night maybe a couple of hours top was really disappointed to her off BC surgeon 5nodes had to come out as the felt hard to touch, biopsies of the rest she has prepared me for the very likely outcome of more surgery once biopsies come back I just hope she got a clear margin when the tumor was removed I also was told definitely chemo 5 months I'm gutted I was told on diagnosis day it was highly likely during to to type of BC I have 😞 but was to unlikely for lymph node inv so things have changed for me already x

Hope everything went well. Thinking of you.

Thanks girls take care a of you

Good luck Mishy. Guess I will be where you are in 3 weeks. Hope it all goes well.

Glad I'm not the only one who did that Mishy ! Did all the things I didn't hink I'd be able to do post -op, then it turned out i was fine to do most things from about Day 2 (but not heavy stuff like hoovering stairs of course.) It's good to come back from hospital to a clean house anyway, especially as you'll be having visitors bearing choccies and flowers with a bit of luck. (For some reason I got rather a lot of bottels of wine.....). Good luck for tomorrow. XXX

So I'm scrubbing the house from top to bottom!!! Isn't it funny how a good old cleaning session gets all your tension out!!!

Thanks girls I think once it's out tomorrow il feel better, then the node biopsy thing, they have said don't think it's in there but you never know, I think it is the type I have worrying me the most it's a grade 3 invasive ductal TNeg its tiny though Im just sooo glad I found the lump! What a roller-coaster ride we are all on xx

Mishy

I certainly did but just kept reminding myself that these people were the experts and they were going to make me better, getting rid of the cancer (I called it Mr Blobby).

Helena xxx

Yes absoluetly still do, as told must be on medication and radiotherapy still to face.

Yet its all to help heal so I face these feelings of being out of control with facts and gratefulness treatments can do so much.

But depends how i feel each day.

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow, its so good to have surgery behind us.

Still have lots of feelings as this is a long journey, but we not alone and there is comfort in that.

Operation tomorrow 18th May

Surgery day has finally arrived after what seems like the longest 3 weeks of my life, I'm feeling strange like in a sort of pretending I'm not bothered I have called cancer kind of way, but really I'm frightened of the idea of not being in control of what is happening to me did any of you also feel like this