cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operations before cancer (ectopic)

5 REPLIES 5
anon1

Re: Operations before cancer (ectopic)

Hi Ladies, again this is opinion based but i do believe they are related as they say your risk increases the earlier a woman has a period,age of which a lady becomes pregnant, amount of pregnancies, also they have recently said that if a lady carries weight around her middle at a certion stage in her life that all increases the risks. in my opinion it is all hormonal related as with most of these examples the hormones increase and decrease. you prob are thinking about it though to try and answer any questions you have and it gives you something to try and make sense out of. again opinion based only i get fed up of all the things they tell us to avoid then discover later there is no real risk. i do agree our gp's are the experts however you have had some time of it. love lainey xxx

mjjje

Hi There
I had ectopic 1999, 2 miscarraiges (1 very late) 2000, 2001 babies2002, 2004, 2006 BC diagnosed Oct 2008, who knows?? I think there's a link between gynae probs and BC, just my opinion??

YCM1980

Thanks Claire. I think I had been going through a phase of trying to figure out why this happened- but like you say just unlucky I guess
Yvonne x

clopickett

Hi Yvonne,

Just thought i'd come on and say hello,
I'm a Gynae nurse and i'm sure that there is no link between your ectopic pregnancies and the breast cancer. i hope this puts your mind a rest a little and unfortunately it seems your just unlucky i afraid.

take care
Claire x

Pancake

Hi Yvonne

I too had an eptopic pregnancy in 1999. Falopian tubes but not overies removed. DX July 08 with IDC.

Deb

YCM1980

Operations before cancer (ectopic)

Something I have been thinking about since dx (probably wasting time thinking about but never the less) is if the operations I had in the years before dx could in any way be linked?

History- Sep 2004 lost right fallopian tube to ectopic, ovary spared. April 2008 lost left fallopian tube to ectopic, ovary spared (son born last year between operations). Dx Sept 08 breast cancer. Now I think at the time of first op in 04 that I was told I could be a higher risk of cancer (I thought proobably ovarian cancer).

I did ask my consultant when I was diagnosed and he said there was no link. I also know that I am 8/8 for oestrogen which I believe is linked to the ovaries. I may be wasting my time on this, and I have just been very unlucky- but I think what has prompted me to ask the question is that when I was in hospital having my mastectomy the lady who shared the ward with me had also had operations on the ovaries and was also her2 positive.

Is there anyone else who has had anything similar (if my oh could read this he would despair- he is the research scientist and thinks I should just trust in the docs) even if I got the response that no one has had anything like this before dx if might set my mind at ease

Yvonne