cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oral Xeloda and Venerlbine

4 REPLIES 4
AnnB

Re: Oral Xeloda and Venerlbine

Thanks for reply Muddy. I think overall I have done fairly well on this for the first time. Had terrible constipation which was due to the Ondansetron, been doubling up on laxatives twice a day and it still took 16 days to move me.

cheers again Ann x

muddy2

I can only give you experience of Xeloda having been on it for 1year and 8 months continually.
It sometimes makes me feel a bit ill when I take it. I take Metroclopromide (Sp?) along with it for sickness.
I have never actually been sick with it but some days feel really rough like a bad flu.
I had to have my dosage reduced to 2000mg twice per day from 2250mg and also from 14 days to 12 days as my bowels were shocking (enough said).
My hands and feet are red and I've put on 3 stone. My Oncologist did not suggest a diet as it's a side effect of drug. I actually eat much less than I did before diagnosis but that's life . I.m just happy to be fat and living!

Good luck
MuddyXX

Nicky65

Hi Ann

Sorry I haven't experience of taking these two meds.

I believe that, like me, you are being treated at Clatterbridge aren't you. Why not give them a quick ring, I have spoken to them on the phone over chemo side effects in the past and found the phone help to be good.

Hope that by the time you read this you are feeling better anyway, so won't need to! 🐵

Take care Nicola xx

AnnB

just bumping this to see if anyone has experiences please

cheers Ann x

AnnB

Oral Xeloda and Venerlbine

Hi just wondered if anyone has experience of taking these two chemo drugs orally?

I started last Wednesday and had all my venerlbine tabs at one go and dont need any more now until 3 weeks time, but the Xeloda (cepecitabine) is twice daily for 14 days.

I am now on day 5 and was sick for the first time during the night, the instructions are that if we are sick more than once in any 24 hours contact someone immediately who may instruct you to stop taking meds. I havent been sick a second time yet but do feel very nausous, I am on Ondansatron and cyclzine for sickness.

Today is the worst I have felt, but then despite taking tabs to make me go to loo still havent passed a motion either for 6 days.

Anyone any comments please?

cheers Ann B