Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ouch...my ribs hurt?

2 REPLIES 2
dee49

Re: Ouch...my ribs hurt?

Hi ipangel

I still have sore ribs and pain in collar bone following rads - but I did tell my onc and BCN and ultimately had a bone scan (which came back ok), so yes would def get it checked out; if only to put your mind at rest and they do tell us if there's pain lasting more than two weeks to talk to them.

NIM41

Re: Ouch...my ribs hurt?

Hello jpangel
I too had very sensitive areas around my rib cage on affected side for a few weeks. For me it started at the back and then 'travelled' to the front. It was painful when pressing on it and started about 2months post finishing radio, lasted about 4-5 weeks. Although worried, the fact that it changed location continuously and that tissue around boob area got very sensitive as well, made me draw the conclusion it was the rads. The rib pain has now gone almost 7 weeks and I saw my onc the other day, who said it's a combi of rads and op. He also had a good feel.

It's so damn difficult not to panic. But if you're worried, get it checked out!
Nikki x

Guest user
Not applicable

Ouch...my ribs hurt?

Trying hard not to panic but I have had a pain for a good few weeks now on my ribs on my treatment side. I noticed it at work first when I stretched but ignored it. Tonight it took me three attempts to shut a window it was so painful. I've had a good feel and there doesn't seem to be a lump but I have found a very definite sore patch. I have complained before about pain in my collar bone but was told it was probably rads damage but this pain is at the bottom of my rib cage. I have an appointment with my onc on Aug 17th, should I try to go in sooner?
My husband thinks I'm worrying about nothing, says I over react these days but all that does is make me doubt myself when I know the pain is real!
K x