Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ovary removal due

2 REPLIES 2
vodkasue

Re: Ovary removal due

Thank you Grace,

You have put my mind at ease, coped ok with Zoladex injections. I suppose I will save on my heating bills !!! Hope you are well.

Sue

gracet

Re: Ovary removal due

Hi Vodkasue

You will not have periods after your ovaries are removed and you will be post menopausal. The Zoladex injections have the same effect of putting you into the menopause. You may or may not get hot flushes but I found the hot flushes were no different on the Zoladex or after having my ovaries removed. The severity of the flushes varies, at first i had lots of really hot flushes through the night, but now 3 years on they rarely wake me up! So there is hope! Also they are not as 'hot' as they used to be but I do still feel like throwing my clothes off sometimes!

Good luck with the op, its very straight forward and you will feel back to 'normal' in about 3 weeks.

Grace

vodkasue

Ovary removal due

Hi to all

I am to have my ovary's removed on Thursday by keyhole. Do you bleed after ? I am not having periods at present , I am on Zoladex injections but these are to finish now. It is so I go through the menopause. Did anyone start with the flushes straight away ?? So confused not sure what to expect! These flushes will I be wet through , dripping kind off ????

Have you heard of Black Cohash , what does this do ???

Sorry if I mumbled but so confused.

Love Vodkasue