cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 6 years out

5 REPLIES 5
Mags2710

Re: Over 6 years out

Hi all, not really sure where  to post this, I'm 2 years post treatment but still have aches in my hips and legs. I don't take any medication other than occassional painkillers when really sore. Anyone any suggestions. I have the start of arthrisit in my left shoulder. Not sure if it is related to treatment or to the fact i'm on my legs most of the day at work.

Thanks all. xx

Jenny065

Hello Ladies, I am so pleased that I read this thread  i am coming up to 2 years !! go for next MRI & mammogram etc, on Friday24 Oct ( Breast Cancer awareness day & Pink Friday)  they sure know how to remind me. It is so good to read that you are now 6 years on-WOW,   It is strange the things we do, i thought it was just me,  but my hospital bag is still sitting almost ready- in the spare bedroom. It is also nice to know that it took you time-ie 18months , to recover,  again keep thinking it is just me. 

Thank you all so much. 

Take Care, Huggles Jenny.x

barfil59

6 year anniversary for me too. Chemo was grueling but had great support from oncology dept my family were amazing. Wig also on top of wardrobe.
LuckyLass

Thank you for posting that, it always helps to have a glimpse of normal life beyond treatment.

I had my second FEC (of 6) just last week, having earlier had a WLE and SNB, expecting just radiotherapy + anti-estrogen tablets for a while. Surgeons are increasingly for conserving tissue and limiting damage wherever possible, so it was a shock for me that the one lymph node my surgeon took was positive. So far, I seem to be dealing with this better than many, with the support of relatives and brilliant neighbours, having managed life independently from my early days.

Ruby1

Dear Maltomlin

From an old timer too.  So happy to see your post and I know it'll provide a lot of help to others.  I had a similar diagnosis as you and had my ups and downs but 7 years on .......

Congratulations on your 6 years.

Hugs

Ruby

maltomlin1

Over 6 years out

Ok .......I'm now over 6 years out from the most terrifyling experience of my life...........

Initially I was told'low grade, small tumour, no need for chemo' that changed to grade 3 tumour, bigger than expected, and 3 out of 24 nodes involved..........chemo a must..........

I planned my funeral after googling far too much............and sitting in the chair waiting for my first chemo............just wanted to run..........but then thought 'if all these kids can go thro' this.......then I can too'.

It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...........the worst part for me was befriending some folks going thro' chemo with me & they didn't make it.................some just gave up.......and that's so sad.....it's not pleasant, no, but just keep your head down and get through the treatment.........it's worth it.

Now? I'm over 6 years out............my hospital bag (and my wig) are still on top of the wardrobe (I won't tempt providence)..........

What's happened in those 6 years? If I'm honest it took a year or 18 months before I felt OK.....but it didn't take that long to start looking at my social life again........I was out.............

I have an admission too....................I forgot my 6 year anniversary............that's got to be good news.......