cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PASH

5 REPLIES 5
irenebru62

Re: PASH

I was dx with pash in March of 2013, after a core needle biopsy. Had another dx mamaogram and ultrasound in Sept f 2013 and things seem to be stable. Dr said he doesn't like to remove it unless it becomes problematic. he is a very prominent surgeon in my area and told me to come back in a year. While I was very relieved I still wonder if I should wait that long, have it removed or just wait. I do have tenderness and am in the throes of menopause. Not a lot of info out there n this......irene
moominm

Thanks both for the replies 🙂

My follow up appointment isn't for another three weeks so I've been relaxing a bit.  Won't know what the score is until then but I have a copy of the histology and it all seems pretty safe with a B2.  I would guess monitoring will be the way forward as it isn't massive.

Will post back when I know 🙂

x

Jo_BCC

Hi all,

Here's the link to the area of the  forum where Lulu talked about PASH a few weeks ago.

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Appointments-and-waiting-for/Unwarranted-worry/m-p/749544/hi...

Best wishes,

Jo, Moderator

Lulu34

I replied to a thread about pash a couple of weeks ago moomin.... Im not sure where the thread went.... But just basically saying its a ver rare condition, also its fairly new i think its only been recognised in the 30 years and it also seems to affect younger women with active hormones.

Theres not much info on pash due to the fact its a recent discovery and its rare, but i dont think they immediately remove it unless its large or unless there are other breast changes which would indicate the possible development further down the line, such as atypical ductal hyperplasia, intraductal papilloma or radial scar which are also not cancer but not normal either and occasionally can harbour some cells of dcis but as far as im aware PASH itself doesnt carry the same risk for dcis.

Whats the plan now moomin?

Lxx
Jo_BCC

Hi moominm

Sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your question as yet, but I'm sure the helpline team will be only too happy to talk to you about this.  Lines open again on Monday morning at 9am, calls are free, 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

moominm

PASH

Anyone know anything about this?

My core biopsy has come back as benign and PASH heading the list of possible suspects.

I knew it wasn't "normal breast tissue" !!

x