PHEREXA

HI I am about to start on a study program called PHEREXA. This is to study the combination of capecitabine with herceptin and a trial drug Pertuzumab. This is quite new and there will only be 450 participants. I have a list of side effects but not much more information, therefore is anyone else on this trial or does someone know a person who is who could let me know how its going.

Hi lanii,
Am not this on trial myself but wanted to bump your post up so it appears in the Latest Posts section so others can see it, am sure someone will be along soon who is also on this trial. Ive read lots of good things about Pertuzumab (Perjetta) in the press recently and it sounds very promiseing , so good luck with the trial.
All the very best to you ,Linda x

Thanks cornish girl, I didnt think my post had registered as its my 1st try. I hope you’re right because I’m quite nervous about starting trial and it would be great to hear from someone who is on it. X

Hi Lanii
Due to progression I’ve now been given the chance to join this trial. How are you getting on? Be really good to get the views/advice from someone thats there or been there allready. I’m fit and well but had a a call to go and see my oncoligist today after a routine 6 monthly scan on Tuesday. After 18months of being stable with pancreas mets the ‘bugger’ is on the move again. I was on another trial before but that was having IV chemo weekly which became too much and felt wrong so I stopped after 6months. It certainly held it off for the 18 months. I was dx in 2009 with ibc and mets to liver from the start. Initial chemo zapped that and original tumor. Dx with mets to pancreas 2011. I’ve been told that there are lots more drugs coming on the market with less and less side effects so I’m going to be annoying my onc for many years to come!!! (his words not mine!)
Feedback would be much appreciated as I’ve got to let them know on Monday,thanks.
xx

Hi fudgeincornwall and Lanii
just to say hi from a your neighbour in Devon. i am quite new to these boards like you I was diagnosed with mets at the same time.

good luck with trials all of you
mara