Paclitaxol/Herceptin icky tummy

Had first treatment of Paclitaxol and Herceptin last Friday (following ECx3) and all has gone well apart from a dicky tummy, still troubling me now. Can just about make it home from walking the dog or a quick sprint round the supermarket but that’s it, and it’s really beginning to get me down. Any advice on managing it gratefully received. Thanks. 

Hello, I am on Herceptin as well but I don’t get any issues with it fortunately. I do keep a huge stash of goodies for side effects such as imodium, Gaviscon, Movicol, buscopan you name it and I have got something for it!

My recommendation would be buscopan (over the counter) and perhaps imodium if you need it.

Hi Oncewild,

I too had my first Herceptin and Paclitaxel last Friday (after AC x 4). I haven’t had a dickey tummy, but have had weird stabbing pains since Monday -they are most often in the tummy, but also in the knees and ankles . Also had stabs going through the tumour ( letting me know it is still there…I’m having surgery after chemo)  That said it was more bearable than the AC.

Are you also doing 12 x weekly Paclitaxel?   If so good luck tomorrow.

Judith63

Thanks both. I have had a bit of welcome respite for the last 18 hours and it has spurred me to get it sorted more swiftly if it comes back. Yes - second of nine treatments today. Will see what the nurses recommend then get stocked up. Other than the tummy and feeling a bit tired I haven’t had any other SEs this week - SO nice not to have the nausea! Hope your pains settle Judith63 - not nice. Onwards to the end. X