Pain after biopsys

Hi all, I had core biopsys taken at my clinic appointment last Thursday and am still experiencing pain mainly behind the nipple, has anyone else had this? I had biopsys taken from same breast around 3 yrs ago which turned out to be a fibroadomena but I didn’t experience this type of pain that time x

HI TC, I had bad pain following the biopsy, I bled a lot and they rammed down to stop the flow so I bruised badly. Pain and bruise from biopsy for me was worse than after WLE/SNB. Hope you feel better soon and good luck x x

Hi Chez
Thanks for your reply, sorry I’m not up on the lingo so not sure what WLE/SNB is though. Pain is easing off but I was back at the clinic yesterday and had some confusing news that what they took biopsys of turned out to be normal breast tissue so they are going to look over my case at the review meeting next week but Dr said it’s likely they’ll want to repeat the biopsys. Mixed emotions as you can probably imagine x

Hi TC1970

I’ve attached a link to our glossary of some of the terms used in breast cancer treatment:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/glossary

I hope this helps!

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Thanks Janet that’s very helpful x

Hi TC1970, I have some experience of what you’re going through.  I had a few biopsies done around 2 1/2 weeks ago and am still experiencing some pain.  The bruising is taking a long time to fade which I’m guessing is a lot to do with it.  I also got told one of my “masses” was benign tissue.  I was discharged but then got a phone call 2 days later to say I had to go back for another biopsy.  I’m going in for it on wednesday, can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

I hope you get good news and don’t have to go back, but if you do at least you know they’re being thorough.  All this waiting and uncertainty is horrible.  Let us know how you get on x